Low Level Circulation BOC moving NE

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
Dean4Storms
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Low Level Circulation BOC moving NE

#1 Postby Dean4Storms » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:57 am

I noticed the ECM increases rainfall in the central GOM late this week into the weekend. So I decided to take a look at visible imagery of the Gulf and....

Where did this come from? I guess need to watch it if it increases in convection...

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/east/gmex/h5-loop-vis.html
1 likes   

EasyTiger
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

Re: Low Level Circulation BOC moving NE

#2 Postby EasyTiger » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:51 am

Good catch. Per the surface map, the spin looks to have formed along a tropical wave.
1 likes   

SEASON_CANCELED
Category 3
Category 3

#3 Postby SEASON_CANCELED » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:14 pm

Dean4Storms wrote:I noticed the ECM increases rainfall in the central GOM late this week into the weekend. So I decided to take a look at visible imagery of the Gulf and....

Where did this come from? I guess need to watch it if it increases in convection...

Is that katia's remnant maybe. that feature bears watching i dont think its on NHC radar yet
0 likes   
i am a big stupid ugly moron with an ugly face and a big butt and my butt stinks and i like to kiss my own butt

Extratropical94
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#4 Postby Extratropical94 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:19 pm

SEASON_CANCELED wrote:
Dean4Storms wrote:I noticed the ECM increases rainfall in the central GOM late this week into the weekend. So I decided to take a look at visible imagery of the Gulf and....

Is that katia's remnant maybe. that feature bears watching i dont think its on NHC radar yet

Katia's remnants redeveloped into TD 15E in the Eastern Pacific.
0 likes   
54° 11' 59'' N, 9° 9' 20'' E
Boomer Sooner!
Go Broncos! Go Cards! Go Niners!
- Daniel

lovingseason2013
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

#5 Postby lovingseason2013 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:28 pm

It is my opinion that the shear is not going to let anything happen but a naked swirl
0 likes   

fwbbreeze
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#6 Postby fwbbreeze » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:49 pm

sheer maps for the area. We return to a much more seasonal pattern late in the week up here in the Panhandle. Highs around 90 and lows in the low 70's.

http://tropic.ssec.wisc.edu/real-time/windmain.php?&basin=atlantic&sat=wg8&prod=shr&zoom=&time=
0 likes   

SEASON_CANCELED
Category 3
Category 3

#7 Postby SEASON_CANCELED » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:58 pm

less than 10
0 likes   
i am a big stupid ugly moron with an ugly face and a big butt and my butt stinks and i like to kiss my own butt

Dean4Storms
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#8 Postby Dean4Storms » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:29 pm

Seems to be moving eastward now and still just a naked swirl. Caught my eye and then looked at forecast precip over the central Gulf by the ECM and though might need to watch this. Under a good bit of shear but it is moving into an area of dropping shear tendency. We all know how the steamy Gulf loves highly sheared systems so might want to keep tabs here.
0 likes   

SEASON_CANCELED
Category 3
Category 3

#9 Postby SEASON_CANCELED » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:27 pm

it moved under some cloud cover tonight. Seems to be firing or atleast absorbing that.
0 likes   

lrak
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#10 Postby lrak » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:45 pm

The main convection is stationary while the shear is whisking away the tops. Will this have time to develop into something? I haven't seen any outflow boundaries either?
0 likes   
AKA karl

Also
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
My posts on this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. My posts are my basic observations and are definitely not backed by any "well some" meteorological knowledge. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Frank P
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#11 Postby Frank P » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:43 pm

Been watching most of the afternoon, no evidence of low developing yet... but at least is been persistent all day!
0 likes   

tailgater
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#12 Postby tailgater » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:05 pm

Dry air and shear keeping anything from forming ATM. Tropical moisture on the increase, though.
https://preview.ibb.co/bPR1ZQ/latest72hrs_tropical_moisture.gif
0 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Nimbus
Category 5
Category 5

#13 Postby Nimbus » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:51 am

Some outflow boundaries to the north, I suppose if the shear let up the vorticity could develop. It has been persistent.
0 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”