Mid Season Assessment

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
AtlanticWind
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Mid Season Assessment

#1 Postby AtlanticWind » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:34 am

After just going thru Irma here in Broward County it got me thinking as to where were at in the season with 2 new
Invests out there.I was really concerned this season was setting up to be one of the worst in history back in early
July when it became evident that el nino likely not going to be a factor.

I was telling friends and family to be prepared for a rough season as SST'S in the Atlantic were so high and the
steering current seemed to favor storms tracking further west.
Unfortunately this has been the case.

My off the cuff predictions were for 9 to 11 hurricanes and 4 or 5 majors and was hoping I was way wrong.
With the almost la Nina conditions out there I expect we are far from finished with this season (really hope I am wrong)

Just hope everybody stays safe rest of hurricane season.
Welcome comments on what everyone thinks about the 2017 season so far
and what's to come.
4 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”