Tropical wave near the SE Caribbean

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
SuperMarioBros99thx
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Tropical wave near the SE Caribbean

#1 Postby SuperMarioBros99thx » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:36 am

Looks good and better. And it's looking like it's trying to build some sort of anticyclone along with it, which undoubtedly might help this wave. Why models hasn't picked up on this one?
Last edited by SuperMarioBros99thx on Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   
My opinions are mine and SHOULD not be treated as an official source of information. PLEASE see National Hurricane Center, or any other meteorological agencies, for that matter. By the way, I was born and came from Indonesia, which is rarely hit by tropical cyclones, but regardless, I have LOTS of interest in meteorology.

Steve H.
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Tropical wave behind Lee and Maria (SW of Cabo Verde Islands)

#2 Postby Steve H. » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:23 am

Yes, this looks pretty decent right now. There is another low coming off of the continent right now that looks better IMO though. It already has a circulation that is well established. We'll see - we are going to begin to transition to the western Caribbean in a couple of weeks though. Maybe this is the last of the African storms!
0 likes   

Gustywind
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby Gustywind » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:31 am

Steve H. wrote:Yes, this looks pretty decent right now. There is another low coming off of the continent right now that looks better IMO though. It already has a circulation that is well established. We'll see - we are going to begin to transition to the western Caribbean in a couple of weeks though. Maybe this is the last of the African storms!

Any link please? Much apprecited. Thanks. Let's hope that this think will fizzle quickly as many of us in the Leewards and most of the EC including PR do not want any twave to develop right now. We're feed up with this nightmare season in the Lesser Antilles! Be sure about that! :roll: :oops:
1 likes   

Steve H.
Category 5
Category 5

#4 Postby Steve H. » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:42 am

GOES 16 satellite. Click on the globe as far east as you can go.

https://weather.msfc.nasa.gov/goes/abi/goesEastfullDiskband02.html
0 likes   

Gustywind
Category 5
Category 5

#5 Postby Gustywind » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:45 am

Steve H. wrote:GOES 16 satellite. Click on the globe as far east as you can go.

<<https://weather.msfc.nasa.gov/goes/abi/goesEastfullDiskband02.html>>

0 likes   

SuperMarioBros99thx
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#6 Postby SuperMarioBros99thx » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:42 pm

Looks like... Its got to be :spam:
2 likes   
My opinions are mine and SHOULD not be treated as an official source of information. PLEASE see National Hurricane Center, or any other meteorological agencies, for that matter. By the way, I was born and came from Indonesia, which is rarely hit by tropical cyclones, but regardless, I have LOTS of interest in meteorology.

SuperMarioBros99thx
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#7 Postby SuperMarioBros99thx » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:49 am

Actually i found out that after some days it's not really poofing. RATHER IT SURVIVED! Incredible! However it looks weak so it might be in trouble to make an anticyclone in it. And the wall of strong shear in it might doom this wave. Remembers me clearly of TW behind Jose earlier this month/Invest 92L.
Last edited by SuperMarioBros99thx on Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 likes   

SuperMarioBros99thx
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Re: Tropical wave near the SE Caribbean

#8 Postby SuperMarioBros99thx » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:56 pm

Looks more better this time.
0 likes   

AJC3
Admin
Admin

#9 Postby AJC3 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:33 pm

Tropical wave extends from 07N60W to 18N58W moving W at 10-15 kt.
The wave remains on the southwestern periphery of a 700 mb ridge
anchored near 22N44W and lies on the western periphery of an
upper level trough axis extending from 22N54W to a broad base
deep in the tropics over Suriname near 04N56W. Scattered moderate
convection is from 06N-12N between 53W-61W...and is more likely
associated with the upper level troughing in place.
1 likes   

SuperMarioBros99thx
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#10 Postby SuperMarioBros99thx » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:11 am

Dissapiated.
0 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”