Weak remnant low southwest of Nate

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
tolakram
Admin
Admin

Re: Trough of low pressure from Cuba into Straits of Florida

#141 Postby tolakram » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:40 pm

I'm not seeing anything at the low levels, just an illusion of a circulation IMO, but it's jsut my opinion and fairly worthless at that. :)

SLIDER

http://rammb-slider.cira.colostate.edu/?sat=goes-16&sec=conus&x=7365&y=5991&z=4&im=18&ts=1&st=0&et=0&speed=130&motion=loop&map=1&lat=0&p%5B0%5D=1&opacity%5B0%5D=1&hidden%5B0%5D=0&pause=0&slider=-1&hide_controls=0&mouse_draw=0&s=rammb-slider

GFS is on board the convective feedback train again, not sure you can believe anything it says at this point.

1 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

floridasun78
Category 5
Category 5

#142 Postby floridasun78 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:29 pm

look like more and tropical wave winndy tand rainy like when get tropical system in miami
0 likes   

northjaxpro
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#143 Postby northjaxpro » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:26 pm

The trough axis has literally been stationary for quite some time. However, is it just me, or does it seem that this area has drifted just a bit to the north over the past several hours?
0 likes   
NEVER, EVER SAY NEVER in the tropics and weather in general, and most importantly, with life itself!!

________________________________________________________________________________________

Fay 2008 Beryl 2012 Debby 2012 Colin 2016 Hermine 2016 Julia 2016 Matthew 2016 Irma 2017 Dorian 2019

NDG
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#144 Postby NDG » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:48 pm

One thing this subtropical looking disturbance will do is moisten up the atmosphere quite nice ahead of TD 16's track.
0 likes   

NDG
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#145 Postby NDG » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:52 pm

Nothing more than a sharp trough of low pressure at the surface at the moment, shear is still relentless over it.

0 likes   

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#146 Postby Aric Dunn » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:52 pm

the convection in and around the "Low" level circ is starting to get into radar range a little more... though still high up.. the convective pattern is very clear.
0 likes   
Note: If I make a post that is brief. Please refer back to previous posts for the analysis or reasoning. I do not re-write/qoute what my initial post said each time.
If there is nothing before... then just ask :)

Space & Atmospheric Physicist, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University,
I believe the sky is falling...

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#147 Postby Aric Dunn » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:29 pm

nope pressure in the area are not falling.... ....... eastern keys.. goes a littel beyond beyond normal afternoon pressure falls.. lol

0 likes   
Note: If I make a post that is brief. Please refer back to previous posts for the analysis or reasoning. I do not re-write/qoute what my initial post said each time.

joey
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#148 Postby joey » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:49 pm

What ever this is is starting to follow the gfs model to the tee now looks like its starting to move north with a little blow up in conv right in the middle of the no center system lol :uarrow: :cheesy:
1 likes   

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#149 Postby Aric Dunn » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:49 pm

850 vorticity still increasing and expanding now.. shear will be high but to affect "nate" the pressures falling with this system and the low level circ slowly growing ( assuming convection keeps up near the center) is all that is needed.

0 likes   

joey
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#150 Postby joey » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:53 pm

Aric Dunn wrote:850 vorticity still increasing and expanding now.. shear will be high but to affect "nate" the pressures falling with this system and the low level circ slowly growing ( assuming convection keeps up near the center) is all that is needed.

Is it moving north tho away from Cuba thanks aric
0 likes   

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#151 Postby Aric Dunn » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:55 pm

joey wrote:
Aric Dunn wrote:850 vorticity still increasing and expanding now.. shear will be high but to affect "nate" the pressures falling with this system and the low level circ slowly growing ( assuming convection keeps up near the center) is all that is needed.

[img]http://tropic.ssec.wisc.edu/real-time/atlantic/winds/wg8vorZ.GIF[/ig]

Is it moving north tho away from Cuba thanks aric

Well with the shear it is going to get tugged .. but overall steeering is west for the time being.
0 likes   

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#152 Postby Aric Dunn » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:16 pm

You can cearly see the circ slowly moving ( in this longer loop http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/east/wfo/e ... h-rgb.html zoom in too if you want) wnw to NW all afternoon and now evening. it is elongated as would be expected given the shear.

of course you will have to match up the static image with the loop. but the "low level" circ is easy to follow ( though the sw to tw winds are not very expansive do to the shear so the obs are not very useful over cuba..) with the convection that has developed with it and it matches with radar.. and pressures are falling.

0 likes   

NDG
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#153 Postby NDG » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:56 pm

IMO this is still nothing more than a mid level vorticity along with a sharp trough of low pressure underneath, perhaps tonight or tomorrow morning we will see a broad elongated circulation form with a subtropical look to it.

0 likes   

joey
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#154 Postby joey » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:58 pm

dosent look like this no name thing wants to head west looks due north now lol :uarrow:
0 likes   

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#155 Postby Aric Dunn » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:07 pm

NDG wrote:IMO this is still nothing more than a mid level vorticity along with a sharp trough of low pressure underneath, perhaps tonight or tomorrow morning we will see a broad elongated circulation form with a subtropical look to it.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/cJc0SK3.gif[/mg]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/PYF3Brp.gif[/ig]

Looking at the last hour or so of radar are you still going to disagree with me now? post another one of those loops... :P :P especially doppler velocities the last hour as it has gotten closer the radar...
0 likes   

hurricanehunter69
Category 1
Category 1

#156 Postby hurricanehunter69 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:08 pm

I can clearly see why the NHC gives this a 0% chance of development by observing it's presentation on MIMIC. I still have faith in this vigorous system though, and would still look for slow development as the shear slackens. It will nevertheless be a very impactful system. http://tropic.ssec.wisc.edu/real-time/m ... /main.html
0 likes   

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#157 Postby Aric Dunn » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:10 pm

hurricanehunter69 wrote:I can clearly see why the NHC gives this a 0% chance of development by observing it's presentation on MIMIC. I still have faith in this vigorous system though, and would still look for slow development as the shear slackens. It will nevertheless be a very impactful system. http://tropic.ssec.wisc.edu/real-time/m ... /main.html

If anything looking at MIMIC it shows the opposite ... a sharpening trough with a developing circ and increased moisture...
2 likes   

NDG
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#158 Postby NDG » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:24 pm

Aric Dunn wrote:
NDG wrote:IMO this is still nothing more than a mid level vorticity along with a sharp trough of low pressure underneath, perhaps tonight or tomorrow morning we will see a broad elongated circulation form with a subtropical look to it.

Looking at the last hour or so of radar are you still going to disagree with me now? post another one of those loops... :P :P especially doppler velocities the last hour as it has gotten closer the radar...

Surface reports don't lie, by now there would have been a sign of a circulation forming by surface reports.
1 likes   

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#159 Postby Aric Dunn » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:25 pm

NDG wrote:
Aric Dunn wrote:

Surface reports don't lie, by now there would have been a sign of a circulation forming by surface reports.

there are insuffient surface reports ! lol
0 likes   

NDG
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#160 Postby NDG » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:27 pm

Aric Dunn wrote:
NDG wrote:
Aric Dunn wrote:

there are insuffient surface reports ! lol

There are plenty of reporting stations south of the vorticity over Cuba, no west winds at all.
1 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”