Tropical Wave east of the Lesser Antilles (now Invest 92L)

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
wxman57
Moderator-Pro Met
Moderator-Pro Met

Re: Central Atlantic Tropical Wave along 47W

#61 Postby wxman57 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:44 pm

It's not looking good at the end of the TPW loop. Looks like it will pass north of the Caribbean and get sheared apart. Development chances near zero.

http://tropic.ssec.wisc.edu/real-time/mimic-tpw/natl/main.html
0 likes   

SuperMarioBros99thx
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#62 Postby SuperMarioBros99thx » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:03 pm

It looks like to me southern part of this wave (per WV loop) continues to track west but doesn't look any good. But it could get organized when it's inside Carribean i assume it, and it's near an anticyclone so this wave needs to be watched. It looks to me similar to Matthew-Nicole situation if i know it.
0 likes   
My opinions are mine and SHOULD not be treated as an official source of information. PLEASE see National Hurricane Center, or any other meteorological agencies, for that matter. By the way, I was born and came from Indonesia, which is rarely hit by tropical cyclones, but regardless, I have LOTS of interest in meteorology.

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#63 Postby Aric Dunn » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:14 pm

Dont count it out yet.. that large recent convective burst under the upper high was showing some SW to wsw inflow just before sunset. being elongated the way it is anywhere convection build could easily develop a low level circ. there is some curvature to the way this recent convection is building. Still plenty of potential.
0 likes   
Note: If I make a post that is brief. Please refer back to previous posts for the analysis or reasoning. I do not re-write/qoute what my initial post said each time.
If there is nothing before... then just ask :)

Space & Atmospheric Physicist, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University,
I believe the sky is falling...

Gustywind
Category 5
Category 5

#64 Postby Gustywind » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:04 pm

Aric Dunn wrote:
Gustywind wrote:
Aric Dunn wrote:though most of the convection is on the east side of the wave axis there is at least two vorts one well to the south ( most likely to survive) and the to the north without convection. Is is maintaining convection quite well actually and shear on the southern portion is low.

the cmc shoots the northern vort north west because it also wants to develop that convection well north so the two systems interact.

otherwise the steering is to the west or wnw.. definately needs to be watched. very surprised not even a mention from the NHC..

No special mention of the NHC :) good news... should stay a twave :D hopefully :) So great for us in the EC :wink:

Tropical Weather Discussion
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
1228 PM EDT Thu Oct 12 2017

...TROPICAL WAVES...
A tropical wave extends from 08N52W to 18N49W moving W at 15-20
kt. The wave coincides with 700 mb troughing between 46W-55W and
a maximum in 850 mb relative vorticity along the wave axis near
13N. Scattered moderate and isolated strong convection is from
07N-18N between 43W-54W

Well I would not write it off just yet. there is cleraly a low level vort on the north end. the cmc, gfs, and 12z euro eventually develop it in some manner. as for it being any sort of threat to the islands that was never really an issue. shear is lowering especially on the south side. chances are not zero.. more around 30 to 40 percent in a few days.

I know how great are you inputs Aric! Waouw you think that really Aric? :double: ho ho so we should keep an eye on this ?! 30 to 40 % given your best thought... that's high! :eek: Our Pro Mets of Guadeloupe, call Saturday for a passing twave with strong showers and isolated tstorms with periods of calm while Sunday the weather should be a little more perturbed with more tstorms.
Anyway, let's wait and see how this thing will evolve during the next 12h-24h approaching the islands.

Gustywind
0 likes   

Hurricaneman
Category 5
Category 5

#65 Postby Hurricaneman » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:27 pm

I have to wonder if this could develop as it has a good moisture envelop but the big thing against is the shear
0 likes   

EquusStorm
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Tropical Wave east of the Lesser Antilles

#66 Postby EquusStorm » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:33 pm

Hey, we have a TWO mention! 0/20

1. A strong tropical wave located several hundred miles east of the Lesser Antilles is producing disorganized showers and thunderstorms. Upper-level winds are expected to prevent significant development of this system for the next couple of days as it moves to the north of the Leeward Islands. Environmental conditions could become a little more conducive for some development early next week while the system moves northward over the west-central Atlantic Ocean.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.
1 likes   
Colors of lost purpose on the canvas of irrelevance

Not a meteorologist, in fact more of an idiot than anything. You should probably check with the NHC or a local NWS office for official information.

LarryWx
Category 5
Category 5

#67 Postby LarryWx » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:45 pm

Unlike what night have been with the entity that formed north of the Leewards 3 days ago, this one would be virtually no threat to the CONUS even if it were to develop as it almost certainly would recurve well east.
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Kazmit
Category 5
Category 5

#68 Postby Kazmit » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:53 pm

So this is what I saw the models taking into Bermuda next week... I'm going to have to watch this.

1 likes   
Igor 2010, Sandy 2012, Fay 2014, Gonzalo 2014, Joaquin 2015, Nicole 2016, Humberto 2019

I am only a tropical weather enthusiast. My predictions are not official and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#69 Postby Aric Dunn » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:53 pm

Hmmm.. the way the convective burst is behaving is very intriguing.. It is quite possible by the first morning visible images we see a low level circ associated with that convection to the south....
0 likes   
Note: If I make a post that is brief. Please refer back to previous posts for the analysis or reasoning. I do not re-write/qoute what my initial post said each time.
If there is nothing before... then just ask :)

Space & Atmospheric Physicist, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University,
I believe the sky is falling...

Gustywind
Category 5
Category 5

#70 Postby Gustywind » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:15 pm

804 PM EDT Thu Oct 12 2017

A tropical wave is in the central Atlc with axis extending from
18N52W to 09N56W, moving W at 20 kt. The wave is mainly in a low
to moderate vertical shear environment and CIRA LPW show the wave
is in a region of abundant moisture at the lower levels. Middle
level diffluence and upper level divergence support numerous
strong convection from 11N-15N between 50W-53W. Scattered moderate
convection is elsewhere from 09N-19N between 45W-55W
0 likes   

Gustywind
Category 5
Category 5

#71 Postby Gustywind » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:16 pm

Aric Dunn wrote:Hmmm.. the way the convective burst is behaving is very intriguing.. It is quite possible by the first morning visible images we see a low level circ associated with that convection to the south....

:eek: you think that a TD could be on tape tommorow morning? Sure about that Aric? :(
0 likes   

floridasun78
Category 5
Category 5

#72 Postby floridasun78 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:26 pm

Gustywind wrote:
Aric Dunn wrote:Hmmm.. the way the convective burst is behaving is very intriguing.. It is quite possible by the first morning visible images we see a low level circ associated with that convection to the south....

:eek: you think that a TD could be on tape tommorow morning? Sure about that Aric? :(

look we wont not thing worry it fish storm
0 likes   

norva
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#73 Postby norva » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:36 pm

floridasun78 wrote:
Gustywind wrote:

look we wont not thing worry it fish storm

It's not a fish storm if it hits Bermuda.
4 likes   

Gustywind
Category 5
Category 5

#74 Postby Gustywind » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:28 am

AXNT20 KNHC 131020
TWDAT

620 AM EDT Fri Oct 13 2017

A tropical wave is in the central Atlantic with axis extending
from 21N53W to 09N57W, moving west at 10-15 kt. The wave is
mainly in a low to moderate vertical shear environment and TPW
imagery depicts the wave is in a region of abundant moisture. Mid-
level diffluence and upper-level divergence support scattered
moderate convection from 10N-20N between 48W-59W.
0 likes   

CyclonicFury
Category 5
Category 5

#75 Postby CyclonicFury » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:43 am

Now Invest 92L
1 likes   
NCSU B.S. in Meteorology Class of 2021. Tropical weather blogger at http://www.cyclonicfury.com. My forecasts and thoughts are NOT official, for official forecasts please consult the National Hurricane Center.

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#76 Postby tolakram » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:20 am

0 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”