I am back after Maria

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
boca
Category 5
Category 5

Re: I am back after Maria

#61 Postby boca » Sat May 05, 2018 3:01 pm

Our tour guide just got his power back 3 weeks ago but he did say the city,but the name escapes me.
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#62 Postby cycloneye » Sat May 05, 2018 3:27 pm

boca wrote:Our tour guide just got his power back 3 weeks ago but he did say the city,but the name escapes me.

It has to be one of the towns in SE part that in parts of them stil after 7 months clients dont have power.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#63 Postby cycloneye » Sat May 05, 2018 3:32 pm

Here are the latest stats.Still the SE part is the most without power after more than 7 months.

1 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#64 Postby cycloneye » Wed May 09, 2018 12:06 pm

@USACEHQ
PREPA reports 98.47% percent or approximately 1,450,438 of the 1.47M pre-storm customers who are able to receive electric power have their service restored in #PuertoRico, there are currently 22,562 clients without power. (as of 8 May)

https://twitter.com/USACEHQ/status/994260888520716289

0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#65 Postby cycloneye » Sat May 12, 2018 12:33 pm

Still after all the below work,there are around 20,000 clients without power after Irma and Maria.

@USACEHQ
USACE has received 52,427 poles and 5,795 miles of conductor wire to date. In total USACE has now received 34,958,124 pieces of bill of materiel (BOM) for the grid restoration mission in #PuertoRico. (as of 11 May)

https://twitter.com/USACEHQ/status/995355447543652353

0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#66 Postby cycloneye » Tue May 29, 2018 10:35 am

Horrible information is released about a study by the university of Harvard that over 4,000 people died because of Maria.The goverment had said the fatalities were 64 so I guess they will have to clarify.Of course I will leave it here and not venture into politics.

An excerpt:

CAGUAS, PUERTO RICO — At least 4,645 people died as a result of Hurricane Maria and its devastation across Puerto Rico last year, according to a new Harvard study released Tuesday, an estimate that far exceeds the official government death toll, which stands at 64.

The study, published in the New England Journal of Medicine, found that health-care disruption for the elderly and the loss of basic utility services for the chronically ill had significant impacts across the U.S. territory, which was thrown into chaos after the September hurricane wiped out the electrical grid and had widespread impacts on infrastructure. Some communities were entirely cut off for weeks amid road closures and communications failures.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... c68e81b9c8
1 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#67 Postby cycloneye » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:26 pm

I had to bump this thread to let know the members that as hurricane season 2019 has begun and almost 3 months away from the second anniversary,still there are almost 30,000 homes with the tarps and also still the power grid is not working like a normal thing as every day a small blackout occurs in different parts of the island as the origin of them are in the substations.I won't go further to not go to that word that starts with P.
6 likes   

AtlanticWind
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#68 Postby AtlanticWind » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:26 pm

Our Country (of which P.R. is part of) have not done enough- IMO - to help our fellow citizens .
A real shame. Politics should never be involved in disaster relief!
4 likes   

Kingarabian
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#69 Postby Kingarabian » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:12 pm

Thank you folks for keeping us updated on the situation in PR. I pray that things eventually change for the better.
6 likes   
RIP Kobe Bryant

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”