NATIONAL TROPICAL WEATHER CONFERENCE

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

NATIONAL TROPICAL WEATHER CONFERENCE

#1 Postby vbhoutex » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:41 am

It is that time of year again. NATIONAL TROPICAL WEATHER CONFERENCE 2018 is just around the corner. Please join me, Wxman57, srainhoutx, katdaddy, Mark Sudduth with Hurricanetrack, to name a few S2K members who are attending. Even though this conference is geared towards broadcast meteorology, it is truly for anyone who loves tropical weather. You get to meet and mingle and get to know on a personal basis literally the LEGENDS like Dr. Neil Frank, Dr. Bill Read, Dr. Max Mayfield, along with current NHC personnel. Presenters this year include Ada Monzon from Puerto Rico NWS, Jeff Lindner from Harris County Flood Control, Dr. Phil Klotzbach from Colorado State, Wxman57 from STORM2K, as well as several different international storm chasers and NWS director Dr. Luis Ucellini. There isn't a better conference to immerse yourself in tropical meteorology than this one!! Below is the link to the conference.
http://www.hurricanecenterlive.com/
We look forward to having a large S2K presence at the conference.
4 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

srainhoutx
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: NATIONAL TROPICAL WEATHER CONFERENCE

#2 Postby srainhoutx » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:12 am

This is absolutely THE BEST Tropical Weather Conference there is due to the intimate smaller group versus a couple of thousand attendees and the Organizers Alex Garcia and Tim Smith put on a fantastic Conference year after year. Your $200.00 Early Registration Fee (through March 3rd) covers virtually everything other than a Discounted Room rate of $99.00 per night at the S Padre Island Hilton Garden Inn/Conference Center and transportation to Brownsville or Harlingen if you are flying. Round Trip Limo service to and from the airport is included in your conference fee as well as 3 meals a day Wednesday/Thursday/Friday. This is a must attend for those interested in learning valuable information from the latest changes coming in Tropical Weather Forecasting to those that are decision maker is both the private and public sector in Emergency Management. I am looking forward to my 4th year representing the KHOU Weather Forum this year.

http://hurricanecenterlive.com/schedule.html
1 likes   
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Wx Infinity Forums
http://wxinfinity.com/index.php

Facebook.com/WeatherInfinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#3 Postby cycloneye » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:21 am

Great to see that Ada Monzon will be there.She is among the best of the best when communicating all about weather and the tropics.That is why she won the best personality of weather award. I can't go but looking forward to what comes out of the conference.
2 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

NotSparta
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#4 Postby NotSparta » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:10 pm

Hopefully I'm able to attend this one of these years :D
1 likes   
This post was probably an opinion of mine, and in no way is official. Please refer to http://www.hurricanes.gov for official tropical analysis and advisories.

My website, with lots of tropical wx graphics, including satellite and recon: http://cyclonicwx.com

wxman57
Moderator-Pro Met
Moderator-Pro Met

#5 Postby wxman57 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:07 pm

I was invited yesterday to present there. I'll be going there Tuesday morning. Might stay until Sunday morning, taking the dinner cruise Saturday evening.
3 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#6 Postby cycloneye » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:20 am

Great promotion of conference on Twitter.

@HurricaneCon
@HurricaneCon "go-to" conference for broadcast meteorologists. Presented by @USAA @hurricanetrack @ExtremeStorms @NHCDirector @robgalb @HeatwaveKGNS @hurrtrackerapp @HurricaneProApp

https://twitter.com/HurricaneCon/status/963443837921263616

1 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#7 Postby vbhoutex » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:57 am

We hope to have a good sized group from STORM2K at the conference! Wxman57 always has a very informative presentation.
To say the least, this is definitely a top of the line Tropical Weather Conference. Most of the attendees I talk to prefer this one to the others that also occur between now and the start of Hurricane season.
3 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

wxman57
Moderator-Pro Met
Moderator-Pro Met

#8 Postby wxman57 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:29 am

Alex got my plane ticket yesterday. I fly over to Harlingen at 10:55 on Tuesday and fly back at 1:20pm Saturday. I think Brian (Katdaddy) is on the same flight. Still not 100% sure I won't change my return flight to Sunday. April is a busy time for me, though.
0 likes   

KatDaddy
Category 5
Category 5

#9 Postby KatDaddy » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:04 pm

Yes sir WxMan57. We are on the same flight out of Hobby at 10:55AM Tuesday.
1 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”