Globalweather- predicts another active year

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
stormlover2013
Category 5
Category 5

Globalweather- predicts another active year

#1 Postby stormlover2013 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:10 pm

1 likes   

StruThiO
Category 3
Category 3

Re: Globalweather- predicts another active year

#2 Postby StruThiO » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:15 pm

stormlover2013 wrote:http://www.globalweatheroscillations.com/store-pick-your-2018-hurriicane-zone

not exactly the most trustworthy looking site
3 likes   

SFLcane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3 Postby SFLcane » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:26 am

StruThiO wrote:
stormlover2013 wrote:http://www.globalweatheroscillations.com/store-pick-your-2018-hurriicane-zone

not exactly the most trustworthy looking site

Indeed...BUT if i'am not mistaken they were about the only site who predicted the extreme 2017. Luck? who knows..
1 likes   

stormlover2013
Category 5
Category 5

#4 Postby stormlover2013 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:55 am

yeah last year they were on point.
0 likes   

wxman57
Moderator-Pro Met
Moderator-Pro Met

#5 Postby wxman57 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:59 am

They say that they are the only seasonal prediction group that has been correct every year for the past 10 years, and all other groups were wrong most years. However, they fail to identify their previous forecasts on the website, nor do they identify what is considered a correct or "wrong" forecast.
7 likes   

OuterBanker
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#6 Postby OuterBanker » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:50 pm

I have a problem with the objectivity of this site. As long as they predict doom and gloom they spark interest in their reports. The price of their reports start at $150.00 and go up from there, a bit pricey in my opinion. I know of no one here that has ever purchased them so I can’t say what is included and their accuracy. If anyone here has purchased them please give all of us a report.
1 likes   

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#7 Postby Ntxw » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:29 pm

This group is posted on here every year and the same juju. They predict a strong season every year, keep doing it you will be right. But as wxman57 said it is about verification and they are shady about it.
3 likes   
The above post and any post by Ntxw is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including Storm2k. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

Help support Storm2K!
Help Support Storm2K

chaser1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#9 Postby chaser1 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:31 pm

stormlover2013 wrote:http://www.globalweatheroscillations.com/2017-how-predictions-fared

http://www.globalweatheroscillations.co ... -in-review

http://www.globalweatheroscillations.co ... anizations

For those who were in a coma during the prior year, the links above offer a nice post analysis of the 2017 Atlantic Hurricane Season. The subject of "prediction" is not relevant here because well, 2017 already occurred.
"Prediction" (as defined by Merriam-Webster) - "a statement about what will happen or might happen in the future".

If GlobalWeather would really really like to prove that their magic potion really works, then why not just put it all out there - just for this ONE upcoming year?! That way, everyone can clearly see and judge their predictive claims. This can easily be done without disclosing their specific methodology and precious patent-pending predictive algorithms. :101: Seems like such a simple solution right? Wouldn't that seem to create a financial boon for GlobalWeather for years to follow?? What people, businesses, government agencies, and media outlets wouldn't pay dearly for something proven that accurate??

For those not in need of such proof however, you might be interested in something amazing that I actually uncovered myself.

I have a pet Ferret that I believe can very accurately predict the upcoming Hurricane Season based on how much hair is shed during prior Winter month lunar cycles. Based on these observations I've created an algorithm that clearly proved nearly 100% accuracy over the prior 6 years. Don't believe it? Heck, i'll review each of the past 6 Atlantic Hurricane Seasons and replicate the year in review because I swear it'll show exactly what Kiki's hair loss indicated prior to that actual season occurring. You can trust me too because, well why wouldn't you? In fact there's hundreds of customers who will emphatically confirm and even show you their prior Season Prediction summaries which they paid for prior to that upcoming Hurricane Season (however due to confidentiality laws, cannot share their names or contact information). I've gotta tell you something, you won't believe what Kiki has predicted for 2018 (it's bad folks, really bad)!! Please understand that Kiki will bite me if I publicly share its details unless I buy her very very favorite food and that stuff is pretty darn expensive. Good news is that for $400.00 I'll share with you what you can fully expect regarding the 2018 hurricane threats and impact for your particular area. C'mon! Do it for your families safety. Do it because you just wanna know. Do it because you can trust an animal lover. But do it so Kiki doesn't bite me. :roflmao:
2 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”