Disturbed Weather in NW Gulf/Texas

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
Clearcloudz
Category 2
Category 2

Re: Disturbed Weather in NW Gulf

#401 Postby Clearcloudz » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:37 pm

Travis Herzog ABC 13

See Full post in link below:
https://www.facebook.com/ABC13TravisHerzog/

8:30PM MONDAY UPDATE:

I’m really leery of this weather pattern tonight thru Thursday morning. We dodged it big time today as the heavy rain band that developed on the east side of Houston slowly spread into Beaumont and Port Arthur, where over half a foot of rain has fallen in spots...and it’s still raining.

The weather pattern is slowly shifting westward, which means tonight and tomorrow more of the Houston region will be in the environment currently over Beaumont and Lake Charles.

Now in a disorganized tropical weather system like we have now, there’s often no rhyme or reason to where the intense rain bands initiate, and our computer models are of little help. The lead forecaster at our National Weather Service office this afternoon said it best:

“The airmass in place supports bands similar to [the one over Beaumont] to possibly set up across parts of Southeast Texas over the next several days as the slow moving Gulf system lingers near the Texas coast. Models are still having a very very very very very difficult time indicating where this could possibly happen, with different locations and amounts evident on nearly every run that comes out.”

So no one can tell you with great certainty who is going to get the most intense rains tonight and tomorrow. But I can tell you that we are under a moderate risk (red shade on the maps) for flash flooding tonight, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Hence why I’m leery of this pattern. If you’re like me, you won’t sleep easy until this rain threat passes us by. I hope and pray it does so without anyone getting water into their homes or businesses.

I’ll do my best on TV in the morning to give you an accurate picture of how the storms evolve during the day Tuesday. It may be an awfully stormy start to the day, so pad in extra time to travel around for the morning commute and be wise while on the roadways. Goodnight.
2 likes   

Haris
Category 5
Category 5

#402 Postby Haris » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:18 am

UGH , trend is terrible for austin. no rain! hate this place
0 likes   
Weather geek and a storm spotter in West Austin. Not a degreed meteorologist. Big snow fan. Love rain and cold! Despise heat!

tailgater
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#403 Postby tailgater » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:02 am

Haris wrote:UGH , trend is terrible for austin. no rain! hate this place

Well radar is looking good for you this morning, if it holds together. :cheesy:
0 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

PSUHiker31
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#404 Postby PSUHiker31 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:16 am

tailgater wrote:
Haris wrote:UGH , trend is terrible for austin. no rain! hate this place

Well radar is looking good for you this morning, if it holds together. :cheesy:

Daytime heating is supposed to promote more storm development as well
0 likes   

wxGuy
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#405 Postby wxGuy » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:22 am

Jefferson County in the Bulls-eye this morning for these t-storms popping off to south just off the gulf coast, We received almost 2" of rain Last night while we were sleeping. Good morning, Tropical Conditions continue to be pulled up from the Gulf, if this continues, we will see some more rainfall for sure another 6"-8" possible, and the Houston Area could very well get some moisture pulled there way, Flash Flooding occurring as we speak in some parts of Jefferson county and Beamount. http://www.wjhg.com/templates/2015_Fullscreen_Radar check it out here.
1 likes   

sphelps8681
Category 2
Category 2

#406 Postby sphelps8681 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:29 am

wxGuy wrote:Jefferson County in the Bulls-eye this morning for these t-storms popping off to south just off the gulf coast, We received almost 2" of rain Last night while we were sleeping. Good morning, Tropical Conditions continue to be pulled up from the Gulf, if this continues, we will see some more rainfall for sure another 6"-8" possible, and the Houston Area could very well get some moisture pulled there way, Flash Flooding occurring as we speak in some parts of Jefferson county and Beamount. http://www.wjhg.com/templates/2015_Fullscreen_Radar check it out here.

It has been raining since I got up and now it is coming down pretty good and continuous.
3 likes   

Nederlander
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#407 Postby Nederlander » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:01 am

Just drove from Port Arthur to Beaumont. Minor street flooding in the normal spots, but nothing major yet. It looks like the dry ground helped out a lot with soaking up rainfall, but no doubt the ground is saturated now.
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#408 Postby cycloneye » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:04 am

I think since the trough is inland and no tropical development is in the cards,the peeps can begin to post in the Texas Summer Thread to have all the local reports there.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

Clearcloudz
Category 2
Category 2

#409 Postby Clearcloudz » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:20 am

Travis Herzog ABC 13

See Full post in link below:
https://www.facebook.com/ABC13TravisHerzog/

8AM TUESDAY UPDATE:

As of this writing, Houston is threading the needle between an intense training band of storms aimed at Beaumont and a nearly stationary area of tropical rains between Victoria and Corpus Christi.

I've got my eyes on an arc of rain out in the Gulf that could develop into the next training band of thunderstorms. This one would be aimed more toward the I-45 corridor, so we'll be monitoring it carefully for you.

Yesterday Beaumont to Port Arthur picked up 5-8" of rain. They don't need anymore. Some spots between Victoria and Corpus Christ have picked up 6" in less than 6 hours. We don't want any of that, and here's why. My buddy Jeff Lindner tells me our bayous and creeks can handle 4-8" in a 6 hour window before they fill up.

A Flash Flood Watch is in effect until 7PM today, but it may be extended thru tomorrow. If we can make it to Thursday afternoon with no major issues, we can breathe a collective sigh of relief.

1 likes   

EasyTiger
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

Re: Disturbed Weather in NW Gulf/Texas

#410 Postby EasyTiger » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:11 pm

Surprised that this thread has gone dormant. Interesting given the current position of the low. Did the Euro end up verifying?
0 likes   

mcheer23
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

Re: Disturbed Weather in NW Gulf/Texas

#411 Postby mcheer23 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:17 pm

EasyTiger wrote:Surprised that this thread has gone dormant. Interesting given the current position of the low. Did the Euro end up verifying?

We moved discussion to the "Texas Summer" thread...Link posted above
0 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”