"Hurricanes '95-Season on Edge"

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
SconnieCane
Category 4
Category 4

"Hurricanes '95-Season on Edge"

#1 Postby SconnieCane » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:30 am

I'm sure many of you have seen this Weather Channel documentary, but for those who haven't:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCk1__MFDKc

For some reason can't get YouTube embedding to work. I had this documentary on VHS, recorded when it aired, but the tape is long since lost.

Some of the information is out of date (For example Erin, never operationally assessed as more than an 85 MPH Cat 1, was upgraded to a 100 MPH Cat 2 for its second Florida landfall in post-analysis) but some of the video is hard to match even by the recent, HD footage out of Harvey, Irma, Maria, etc. I'm thinking in particular of the sailboat pitching in the eyewall of Luis with the crazy idiot riding it out on board, and large pieces of roofs getting torn off and blown away (also from Luis IIRC).
Last edited by SconnieCane on Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
3 likes   

AnnularCane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: "Hurricanes '95-Season on Edge"

#2 Postby AnnularCane » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:55 am

I remember that one! I recorded it too, but don't have it anymore. I had grown up during the "quiet" era and had never seen a season like that in my life. :P
1 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”