Area East of Bahamas

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
boca
Category 5
Category 5

Area East of Bahamas

#1 Postby boca » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:18 am

I saw this area scooting west towards Florida is their anything up with this?
0 likes   

Tampa Bay Hurricane
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Area East of Bahamas

#2 Postby Tampa Bay Hurricane » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:31 am

boca wrote:I saw this area scooting west towards Florida is their anything up with this?

There appears to be a weak low there with thunderstorms around it- bears watching but we will have to see if more thunderstorms fire up. Moving towards Florida and should at the least enhance rain chances tomorrow and Friday. I’m not sure if it develops. It might try to. Shear is not too bad there, and it is on the moist side of an upper level low.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/xf4LM6XAhg1mh9Fj7
0 likes   

northjaxpro
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3 Postby northjaxpro » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:39 am

Glad someone made a thread about this. I just made a post about this area in the otherWestern Caribbean thread.
0 likes   
NEVER, EVER SAY NEVER in the tropics and weather in general, and most importantly, with life itself!!

________________________________________________________________________________________

Fay 2008 Beryl 2012 Debby 2012 Colin 2016 Hermine 2016 Julia 2016 Matthew 2016 Irma 2017 Dorian 2019

stormlover2013
Category 5
Category 5

#4 Postby stormlover2013 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:57 am

won't be anything
0 likes   

Tampa Bay Hurricane
Category 5
Category 5

#5 Postby Tampa Bay Hurricane » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:19 pm

stormlover2013 wrote:won't be anything

It will bring enhanced rain and thunderstorms to Florida even if it doesn’t develop. I’m curious to see if it does develop, with low shear we have had rapid spin ups like 2016s Julia for example. Heat content and moisture are very favorable as well. Not saying it will develop, but a quick td or low end ts popping up quickly wouldn’t shock me.
1 likes   

northjaxpro
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#6 Postby northjaxpro » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:28 pm

Tampa Bay Hurricane wrote:

It will bring enhanced rain and thunderstorms to Florida even if it doesn’t develop. I’m curious to see if it does develop, with low shear we have had rapid spin ups like 2016s Julia for example. Heat content and moisture are very favorable as well. Not saying it will develop, but a quick td or low end ts popping up quickly wouldn’t shock me.

I completely agree with you TB Hurricane. Any trackable vorticity in the basin always need to be watched, especially one like this one close to the Bahamas and Florida.. I have seen several instances through the years similar to what you referenced TB regarding T.S. Julia, to see vorts that may appear like nothing much, but they can every once in awhile find a sweet spot and spin up very quickly!!
1 likes   
NEVER, EVER SAY NEVER in the tropics and weather in general, and most importantly, with life itself!!

________________________________________________________________________________________

Fay 2008 Beryl 2012 Debby 2012 Colin 2016 Hermine 2016 Julia 2016 Matthew 2016 Irma 2017 Dorian 2019

stormlover2013
Category 5
Category 5

#7 Postby stormlover2013 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:00 pm

poof
0 likes   

LarryWx
Category 5
Category 5

#8 Postby LarryWx » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:26 pm

northjaxpro wrote:
Tampa Bay Hurricane wrote:

I completely agree with you TB Hurricane. Any trackable vorticity in the basin always need to be watched, especially one like this one close to the Bahamas and Florida.. I have seen several instances through the years similar to what you referenced TB regarding T.S. Julia, to see vorts that may appear like nothing much, but they can every once in awhile find a sweet spot and spin up very quickly!!

Jax,
I don't think this will do anything tropically speaking. However, I do think 7-10 days from now is not so clearcut as various models at different times have been bringing something into or close to the FL east coast despite the 12Z GFS/Euro/FV3 having nothing organized.

Check out the 12Z GEFS if you have yet to do so to best illustrate my curiosity. Here's the 186 hour map:
https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysi ... atl_32.png

Though most are weak, the important takeway from that map is that 2/3 of the 21 members have a surface low somewhere between the FL E coast and just E of the Bahamas and the persistent upper high to the north steers all but one of them on later maps either into or very near FL over some of the warmest SSTs in the basin thanks largely to record heat and no TCs crossing the area (Flo was north)and when shear is low. This is an example of the famed "ridge over troubled water" pattern.

Actually, I was wondering if this would be a better thread to later start talking about that as we get closer (as opposed to within the Caribbean thread) and if it then were to look like the threat were increasing per models as there may very well be another area E of the Bahamas within a week.
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

boca
Category 5
Category 5

#9 Postby boca » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:36 pm

The area hasn’t gone poof yet but it will bring needed rain to the east coast of Florida.
0 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”