2019 Tropics: Global Model Runs Discussion (Out to day 16)

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
Hammy
Category 5
Category 5

Re: 2019 Tropics: Global Model Runs Discussion (Out to day 16)

#661 Postby Hammy » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:55 am

Man, I really wish I'd saved the frames from the CFS runs because this almost mirrors the runs from late July/early August...

3 likes   
The above post is not official and should not be used as such. It is the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is not endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Hypercane_Kyle
Category 5
Category 5

#662 Postby Hypercane_Kyle » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:08 pm

12z ECMWF @ day 10

0 likes   
My posts are my own personal opinion, defer to the National Hurricane Center (NHC) and other NOAA products for decision making during hurricane season.

StruThiO
Category 3
Category 3

#663 Postby StruThiO » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:28 pm

4 likes   

Kingarabian
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#664 Postby Kingarabian » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:41 pm

Would be nice to see some hurricane fish in the Atlantic. So my season totals can verify lol.
2 likes   
RIP Kobe Bryant

tailgater
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#665 Postby tailgater » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:41 pm

StPeteMike wrote:
South Texas Storms wrote:Canadian and ICON have been showing a possible brief spin up in the western Gulf during the first half of next week. At a minimum it looks like a disturbance will form in the Gulf this weekend and then head westward most likely towards northern Mexico. Hopefully it can at least bring some rain and heat relief to south TX.

I believe this is the ULL that is just west of Dorian at the moment. The past few hours has seen the low start moving a little faster west. Then seems to enter the Gulf by late Friday, form a LLC, and become a lower end TS before cruising into the NoMe/Brownsville area.

I’m very surprised that they haven’t put a lemon in the south/SW GOM most of the models are saying this area will form a low. I guess they have their hands full and this probably won’t be much of a threat
3 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

SEASON_CANCELED
Category 3
Category 3

#666 Postby SEASON_CANCELED » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:40 pm

Kingarabian wrote:Would be nice to see some hurricane fish in the Atlantic. So my season totals can verify lol.

Not every year can be like 2006 sadly
1 likes   
i am a big stupid ugly moron with an ugly face and a big butt and my butt stinks and i like to kiss my own butt

Astromanía
Category 2
Category 2

#667 Postby Astromanía » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:46 pm

tailgater wrote:
StPeteMike wrote:
South Texas Storms wrote:Canadian and ICON have been showing a possible brief spin up in the western Gulf during the first half of next week. At a minimum it looks like a disturbance will form in the Gulf this weekend and then head westward most likely towards northern Mexico. Hopefully it can at least bring some rain and heat relief to south TX.

I believe this is the ULL that is just west of Dorian at the moment. The past few hours has seen the low start moving a little faster west. Then seems to enter the Gulf by late Friday, form a LLC, and become a lower end TS before cruising into the NoMe/Brownsville area.

I’m very surprised that they haven’t put a lemon in the south/SW GOM most of the models are saying this area will form a low. I guess they have their hands full and this probably won’t be much of a threat

Any rain is welcome here, seriously :)
1 likes   

Audreyadele
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#668 Postby Audreyadele » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:43 am

I’ve been so interested in Dorian that I kept forgetting to check back on this. I’m wondering if a disturbance is still possible?
I was checking the weather for Port Mansfield tomorrow and saw SSW winds tomorrow morning. I’m always laughed at by the fishing people (husband and friends) because I just want to kayak and they always say too windy. So, I’ve started checking the wind because I’m done ending up on the shoreline every time and being laughed at! I’m not here full time, but I’ve had sone good runs, so I’ve been checking the wind (this summer) its always S, E or SE etc.
I’m curious if I should be surprised to see the SSW winds tomorrow morning and then the immediate switch to E at noon? Is this the disturbance you were referring to that would shift westward and go to northern Mexico?
This probably should have been a “pm”?

They laugh at all the effort put in to not end up on the shoreline. I’m not putting a motor on a kayak. I would like to safe though.
1 likes   

AnnularCane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#669 Postby AnnularCane » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:34 am

Audreyadele wrote:

I’ve been so interested in Dorian that I kept forgetting to check back on this. I’m wondering if a disturbance is still possible?
I was checking the weather for Port Mansfield tomorrow and saw SSW winds tomorrow morning. I’m always laughed at by the fishing people (husband and friends) because I just want to kayak and they always say too windy. So, I’ve started checking the wind because I’m done ending up on the shoreline every time and being laughed at! I’m not here full time, but I’ve had sone good runs, so I’ve been checking the wind (this summer) its always S, E or SE etc.
I’m curious if I should be surprised to see the SSW winds tomorrow morning and then the immediate switch to E at noon? Is this the disturbance you were referring to that would shift westward and go to northern Mexico?

They laugh at all the effort put in to not end up on the shoreline. I’m not putting a motor on a kayak. I would like to safe though.

Yeah, there's apparently a little something in the southeast Gulf now. Yellow X, 10/20. That's all I know for now, I just got up. 8-)
2 likes   

South Texas Storms
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#670 Postby South Texas Storms » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:37 am

AnnularCane wrote:
Audreyadele wrote:

Yeah, there's apparently a little something in the southeast Gulf now. Yellow X, 10/20. That's all I know for now, I just got up. 8-)

Yep, this is the disturbance taking shape. I agree with the NHC, around a 20% development chance sounds about right. Likely to bring at least some rain to south TX and northern Mexico next week.
1 likes   

Hypercane_Kyle
Category 5
Category 5

#671 Postby Hypercane_Kyle » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:02 pm

12z ECMWF has the disturbance in question going well OTS... develops the one behind it into a hurricane moving westward.

Obviously, this is nothing to be trusted this far out, but shows that we're about to really enter the heart of the season.

0 likes   
My posts are my own personal opinion, defer to the National Hurricane Center (NHC) and other NOAA products for decision making during hurricane season.

Kat5
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#672 Postby Kat5 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:22 pm

The BOC might spark up some action later on this month.

0 likes   

WeatherEmperor
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#673 Postby WeatherEmperor » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:00 am

I hate to say here we go again but look what the Euro is showing approaching the islands. Thankfully it is 240hrs so plenty can change but we are at peak season so I have to ahow this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1 likes   

StruThiO
Category 3
Category 3

#674 Postby StruThiO » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:15 am

2 likes   

Vince_and_Grace_fan
Category 1
Category 1

#675 Postby Vince_and_Grace_fan » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:04 pm

The Hirlam got drunk tonight. :D
However, some slight subtropical or tropical development may possible south of Sicily in the next days, the ICON also shows a depression.

1 likes   

floridasun78
Category 5
Category 5

#676 Postby floridasun78 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:12 pm

Vince_and_Grace_fan wrote:The Hirlam got drunk tonight. :D
However, some slight subtropical or tropical development may possible south of Sicily in the next days, the ICON also shows a depression.

http://gallery.site.hu/d/29684193-1/Ikermedikan.png

were that cannot tell were tropical this?
0 likes   

Hypercane_Kyle
Category 5
Category 5

#677 Postby Hypercane_Kyle » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:00 pm

floridasun78 wrote:
Vince_and_Grace_fan wrote:The Hirlam got drunk tonight. :D

http://gallery.site.hu/d/29684193-1/Ikermedikan.png

were that cannot tell were tropical this?

That'll be because it's an area where you're probably not used to seeing TC genesis: the Mediterranean.
0 likes   

MetroMike
Category 3
Category 3

#678 Postby MetroMike » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:26 pm

The 18Z GFS develops a TC in the MDR in the midrange and this time it brings a hurricane into S.Carolina.
Last run it was hitting New England.
Just an idea of the possible set-up this month.
1 likes   

WeatherEmperor
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#679 Postby WeatherEmperor » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:05 am

I know this is fantasy range but what a sick joke nature would play on the Bahamas

1 likes   

WeatherEmperor
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#680 Postby WeatherEmperor » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:14 am

Okay this is totally sick of what the GFS shows ends up veing true. The darn thing literally stalls and sits over the same place Dorian hit for almost 2 days!!! Thank goodness this is just fantasy range.....right?

0 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”