Southwest Caribbean Sea

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
SFLcane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: Southwest Caribbean Sea

#21 Postby SFLcane » Thu May 23, 2019 7:33 am

Few 06z long range runs this morning..

1 likes   

AutoPenalti
Category 5
Category 5

#22 Postby AutoPenalti » Thu May 23, 2019 7:51 am

Ridge is quite strong for this time of year. It's more than 2 weeks out but still.
1 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the NHC and NWS.

Model Runs Cheat Sheet:
GFS (5:30 AM/PM, 11:30 AM/PM)
HWRF, GFDL, UKMET, NAVGEM (6:30-8:00 AM/PM, 12:30-2:00 AM/PM)
ECMWF (1:45 AM/PM)

TCVN
is a weighted averaged

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#23 Postby Aric Dunn » Thu May 23, 2019 8:49 am

Circulation clearly visible east of the mountains near the border of Nicaragua and Honduras. Much closer to the Caribbean side. Looks stationary.

Needs to be watched even more now that the vorticity with the monsoon gyre is focused more on the eastern lobe. Models may pick up on this in later runs once the analysis is inputted.
1 likes   
Note: If I make a post that is brief. Please refer back to previous posts for the analysis or reasoning. I do not re-write/qoute what my initial post said each time.
If there is nothing before... then just ask :)

Space & Atmospheric Physicist, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University,
I believe the sky is falling...

chaser1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#24 Postby chaser1 » Thu May 23, 2019 11:11 am

Aric Dunn wrote:Circulation clearly visible east of the mountains near the border of Nicaragua and Honduras. Much closer to the Caribbean side. Looks stationary.

Needs to be watched even more now that the vorticity with the monsoon gyre is focused more on the eastern lobe. Models may pick up on this in later runs once the analysis is inputted.

Associated convection over the W. Caribbean seems to be waning however.
Last edited by chaser1 on Thu May 23, 2019 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

chaser1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#25 Postby chaser1 » Thu May 23, 2019 11:13 am

chaser1 wrote:
Aric Dunn wrote:Circulation clearly visible east of the mountains near the border of Nicaragua and Honduras. Much closer to the Caribbean side. Looks stationary.

Yep, perhaps around 14N & 85W +/- ? 'Course, it's broad, shallow and I'm not sure I'm seeing any actual west inflow near the surface quite yet. Then again..... it's a Gyro (tropical gyre... extra Tzatziki Sauce please!). Still, the 200mb upper pita winds don't look like they're relaxing any time soon. I'd still bet that environmental conditions on the Pacific side might be more conducive for initially plating this tropical dish; With the possibility next week of seeing this energy propagate back to the north/northeast and then perhaps see a tropical lunch begin to take shape in the far W. Caribbean or Yuca-fry's region at that time (as the latest 12Z GFS is now indicating at 108 hr's). I think i'm gonna step away from the tropics and check out the fridge now :37:
1 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

BYG Jacob
Category 3
Category 3

#26 Postby BYG Jacob » Thu May 23, 2019 12:29 pm

CAGs are weird and take forever for any real tropical development to happen. My advice, grab a beer and chill out.
0 likes   

SFLcane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#27 Postby SFLcane » Fri May 24, 2019 7:10 am

Not much here anymore clearly developing on epac side no model support.
0 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”