There Is a Species of Shorebird That Likes Hurricanes...

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
storm_in_a_teacup
Category 1
Category 1

There Is a Species of Shorebird That Likes Hurricanes...

#1 Postby storm_in_a_teacup » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:40 pm

I just saw this article about how plovers depend on hurricanes to disrupt vegetation on barrier islands and create habitats where they can lay their eggs.
I don't know if you guys already read it I just thought you guys would find it interesting.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/21/science/fire-island-hurricane-sandy.html

(Don't worry I promise I will post some more of my hurricane art later this summer...I just need to get it all together.)
6 likes   
I know I can't straddle the atmosphere...just a tiny storm in your teacup, girl.

AnnularCane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: So There Is a Species of Shorebird That Likes Hurricanes...

#2 Postby AnnularCane » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:42 pm

Interesting article, thanks for posting it.
1 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”