Disturbed Weather in North-NorthWestern GOM (Is Invest 90L)

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
catskillfire51
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: Tropical Wave WSW of Cabo Verde Islands

#81 Postby catskillfire51 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:52 am

00z Euro shows it further south
1 likes   

SoupBone
Category 5
Category 5

#82 Postby SoupBone » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:29 am

Dylan wrote:EURO with weak area of low pressure in the western Gulf. But how much do you want to read into that with an eastern Pacific system competing for energy? What if there’s no EPAC system? Lots of variables at play.

And what if there is? EPAC wins out?
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

TheStormExpert
Category 5
Category 5

#83 Postby TheStormExpert » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:15 am

Don't look now but the 00z GFS-Legacy went MUCH stronger with the Gulf system for what it's worth. Shows a 963mb hurricane striking Southern Louisiana.
0 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by storm2k.org.

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

Re: 2019 Tropics: Global Model Runs Discussion (Out to day 16)

#84 Postby Aric Dunn » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:31 am

USTropics wrote:I believe the GFS/ECMWF have been developing the wave for the thread Tropical Wave WSW of Cabo Verde Islands (http://www.storm2k.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=120411). You can track it with the 700mb wind barbs:

https://i.ibb.co/rZdr4m1/Webp-net-gifmaker-10.gif

Yeah, stronger ridging . Still think as the wave approaches the islands ot will get a good energy boost and the models might latch on a little more once there is something more significant to latch onto.
0 likes   
Note: If I make a post that is brief. Please refer back to previous posts for the analysis or reasoning. I do not re-write/qoute what my initial post said each time.
If there is nothing before... then just ask :)

Space & Atmospheric Physicist, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University,
I believe the sky is falling...

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#85 Postby cycloneye » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:49 am

For the record,I moved the posts of USTropics and Aric Dunn from the main models thread to this one.
1 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

NDG
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#86 Postby NDG » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:49 am

It makes sense that the GFS dropped the idea of it developing this TW north of the Greater Antilles as earlier forecasted as it now shows the semi permanent TUTT north of PR/Hispaniola to stay put in the same area for the next 10 days or so, the Euro has been showing this all along the reason why it never showed development east of FL like the GFS was showing.

0 likes   

NDG
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: 2019 Tropics: Global Model Runs Discussion (Out to day 16)

#87 Postby NDG » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:51 am

USTropics wrote:I believe the GFS/ECMWF have been developing the wave for the thread Tropical Wave WSW of Cabo Verde Islands (http://www.storm2k.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=120411). You can track it with the 700mb wind barbs:

https://i.ibb.co/rZdr4m1/Webp-net-gifmaker-10.gif

Good catch!
0 likes   

TheStormExpert
Category 5
Category 5

#88 Postby TheStormExpert » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:12 am

Whelp, the 06z GFS and GFS-Legacy both drop development of anything significant outside of a weak sheared low into the NW Gulf Coast.
0 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by storm2k.org.

crownweather
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#89 Postby crownweather » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:15 am

TheStormExpert wrote:Whelp, the 06z GFS and GFS-Legacy both drop development of anything significant outside of a weak sheared low into the NW Gulf Coast.

But yet, there are actually more members of the 06z GEFS that show development. Hmmm......
0 likes   
Rob Lightbown
Crown Weather Services
https://crownweather.com

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

Re: Tropical Wave East of Southern Windward Islands

#90 Postby cycloneye » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:31 am

Edited title to make reference to the Windward Islands.
1 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

NDG
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#91 Postby NDG » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:37 am

crownweather wrote:
TheStormExpert wrote:Whelp, the 06z GFS and GFS-Legacy both drop development of anything significant outside of a weak sheared low into the NW Gulf Coast.

But yet, there are actually more members of the 06z GEFS that show development. Hmmm......

Yep, increasing ensemble support on development.

0 likes   

NDG
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: Tropical Wave East of Windward Islands

#92 Postby NDG » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:41 am

There's also some ensemble support increase from the Euro on last night's run.

0 likes   

northjaxpro
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#93 Postby northjaxpro » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:43 am

06Z GFS picked up on this disturbance , moving into the NW Caribbean by Aug 21 and develops it into a TD/TS into the Southern Gulf. It moves it north to MS/AL coast by Aug 24.
0 likes   
NEVER, EVER SAY NEVER in the tropics and weather in general, and most importantly, with life itself!!

________________________________________________________________________________________

Fay 2008 Beryl 2012 Debby 2012 Colin 2016 Hermine 2016 Julia 2016 Matthew 2016 Irma 2017 Dorian 2019

SoupBone
Category 5
Category 5

#94 Postby SoupBone » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:21 am

northjaxpro wrote:06Z GFS picked up on this disturbance , moving into the NW Caribbean by Aug 21 and develops it into a TD/TS into the Southern Gulf. It moves it north to MS/AL coast by Aug 24.

I understand that weather is very fluid (had to get this out of the way), but the Death Ridge parked over Texas is especially brutal this year. I have a tough time believing that it will go away anytime soon for the Texas coast. Wouldn't that push this system along the ridge toward the NE?
0 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

wxman57
Moderator-Pro Met
Moderator-Pro Met

#95 Postby wxman57 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:29 am

SoupBone wrote:
northjaxpro wrote:06Z GFS picked up on this disturbance , moving into the NW Caribbean by Aug 21 and develops it into a TD/TS into the Southern Gulf. It moves it north to MS/AL coast by Aug 24.

I understand that weather is very fluid (had to get this out of the way), but the Death Ridge parked over Texas is especially brutal this year. I have a tough time believing that it will go away anytime soon for the Texas coast. Wouldn't that push this system along the ridge toward the NE?

Models are in good enough agreement that "something" may track across the Gulf, possibly toward Texas, late next week. I'm hoping we can get a little rain out of it. Slight chance it could develop into a TD/TS if it reaches the Gulf. Something to keep an eye on, but it's still nearly 2000 miles east of the Caribbean.
2 likes   

SoupBone
Category 5
Category 5

#96 Postby SoupBone » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:54 am

wxman57 wrote:
SoupBone wrote:

Models are in good enough agreement that "something" may track across the Gulf, possibly toward Texas, late next week. I'm hoping we can get a little rain out of it. Slight chance it could develop into a TD/TS if it reaches the Gulf. Something to keep an eye on, but it's still nearly 2000 miles east of the Caribbean.

Well aren't you the bearer of great news. :x
1 likes   

LarryWx
Category 5
Category 5

#97 Postby LarryWx » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:24 am

The 12Z GFS has very little from this relative to prior runs.
0 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

SoupBone
Category 5
Category 5

#98 Postby SoupBone » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:27 am

LarryWx wrote:The 12Z GFS has very little from this relative to prior runs.

I'm only seeing it out to the 19th. This "system's" genesis wasn't until around the 21st, right?
0 likes   

LarryWx
Category 5
Category 5

#99 Postby LarryWx » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:28 am

SoupBone wrote:

I'm only seeing it out to the 19th. This "system's" genesis wasn't until around the 21st, right?

Correct, but I'm already seeing through the 23rd. On this run it is just a rain enhancer for the Gulf coast from a nonclosed surface low or very weak closed low/more like a surface trough. Joe Bastardi might refer to this run as a Peggy Lee: Is that all there is? Let's see what the GEFS shows.
0 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

SoupBone
Category 5
Category 5

#100 Postby SoupBone » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:33 am

LarryWx wrote:
SoupBone wrote:

Correct, but I'm already seeing through the 23rd. On this run it is just a rain enhancer for the Gulf coast from a nonclosed surface low or very weak closed low/more like a surface trough. Joe Bastardi might refer to this run as a Peggy Lee: Is that all there is?

We wouldn't be opposed to a little bit of rain on the Texas coast, it's been bone dry since June. But NO MORE. :lol:
0 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”