Area in the Bahamas: Is Invest 98L

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
northjaxpro
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: Area in the Bahamas

#61 Postby northjaxpro » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:17 am

:uarrow: Well defined 700 mb signature and as you mentioned GCANE, the 850 mb vort is just now forming along the North Coast of Cuba.

Things are shaping up pretty good for initial development of surface LLC as this treks into and through the Florida Straits beginning Friday.

This will be a very interesting system to monitor for these next several days through the weekend and possibly beyond.

I do not want to get too far ahead past the medium range (5-7 days) in this particular thread. We will be busy dealing with potential impacts, short and medium term, to Florida and SE U.S. Coast region during the next week.

Things really could get even more intriguing past 240 hours.
Long range guidance is potentially very interesting at 240 hours and beyond concerning this entity. It attempts to move this feature up along the U.S. Eastern Seaboard. Lots to talk about with that, but I will save that discussion in the Global Models thread later on....
2 likes   
NEVER, EVER SAY NEVER in the tropics and weather in general, and most importantly, with life itself!!

________________________________________________________________________________________

Fay 2008 Beryl 2012 Debby 2012 Colin 2016 Hermine 2016 Julia 2016 Matthew 2016 Irma 2017 Dorian 2019

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#62 Postby Aric Dunn » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:33 am

northjaxpro wrote::uarrow: Well defined 700 mb signature and as you mentioned GCANE, the 850 mb vort is just now forming along the North Coast of Cuba.

Things are shaping up pretty good for initial development of surface LLC as this treks into and through the Florida Straits beginning Friday.

This will be a very interesting system to monitor for these next several days through the weekend and possibly. beyond.

I do not want to get too far ahead past the medium range (5-7 days) in this particular thread. We will be busy dealing with potential impacts short tand medium term to Florida and SE U.S. Coast region during the next week.

Things really could get even more intriguing past 240 hours.
Long range guidance is potentially very interesting at 240 hours and beyond concerning this entity. It attempts to move this feature up along the U.S. Eastern Seaboard. Lots to talk about with that, but I will save that discussion in the Global Models thread later on....

I would expect organizing at the surface to begin in the next 24 hours.. should see it boreline closed by then. As for track this depending on shear. Low to mid level steering would almost certainly bring it into the eastern gulf but with sw shear and the convection displaced seeing a gradual north motion is a good possibility as the steering current battle begins.
0 likes   
Note: If I make a post that is brief. Please refer back to previous posts for the analysis or reasoning. I do not re-write/qoute what my initial post said each time.
If there is nothing before... then just ask :)

Space & Atmospheric Physicist, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University,
I believe the sky is falling...

northjaxpro
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#63 Postby northjaxpro » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:55 am

Shear will take about 24-36 hours to slacken Aric. I am thinking the surface reflection will take shape by Thursday afternoon at the earliest . I suppose It could spin down sooner if shear abates faster than I anticipate.
0 likes   
NEVER, EVER SAY NEVER in the tropics and weather in general, and most importantly, with life itself!!

________________________________________________________________________________________

Fay 2008 Beryl 2012 Debby 2012 Colin 2016 Hermine 2016 Julia 2016 Matthew 2016 Irma 2017 Dorian 2019

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#64 Postby Aric Dunn » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:03 am

northjaxpro wrote:Shear will take about 24-36 hours to slacken Aric. I am thinking the surface reflection will take shape by Thursday afternoon at the earliest . I suppose It could spin down sooner if shear abates faster than I anticipate.

The divergent shear setup is what is going to get this going. Should the convection going.
0 likes   
Note: If I make a post that is brief. Please refer back to previous posts for the analysis or reasoning. I do not re-write/qoute what my initial post said each time.

SFLcane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#65 Postby SFLcane » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:09 am

Once again if this develops it will be when its moving NE away from the US. Thus far sub tropics is the place to look at
0 likes   

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#66 Postby Aric Dunn » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:21 am

SFLcane wrote:Once again if this develops it will be when its moving NE away from the US. Thus far sub tropics is the place to look at

That wil depend on a number of factors.
0 likes   

GCANE
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#67 Postby GCANE » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:43 am

Numerous overshooting tops with associated cirrus layering north of Acklins Island
0 likes   

SFLcane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#68 Postby SFLcane » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:49 am

Aric Dunn wrote:
SFLcane wrote:Once again if this develops it will be when its moving NE away from the US. Thus far sub tropics is the place to look at

That wil depend on a number of factors.

Conditions are quite hostile right now for development i can see this getting going next week as it moves out to sea.
0 likes   

Kohlecane
Category 2
Category 2

#69 Postby Kohlecane » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:59 am

Hey guys, haven't really been on in a while, In terms of the GFS-Legacy, how has been the support of it?
0 likes   
Once I see the REDS and GREENS Converge on a Base Velocity. ... I'm There!!

This is NOT an Official Forecast....Just my Opinion. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.
HIGHLIGHTS : '13 El Reno Tornado : 2013 Storm Chaser Tour, Joaquin; SC flood event, Matthew '16, Lowcountry Snow storm Jan '18

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#70 Postby Aric Dunn » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:59 am

I would watch near and south/Se of Andros island throughout the day for a gradual sharpening of the low level flow. Roght now its still fairly brisk. But it begins to slow down just se of andros.
0 likes   

Florida1118
Category 5
Category 5

#71 Postby Florida1118 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:59 am

An area of disturbed weather located over the central and northwestern Bahamas is producing disorganized showers and thunderstorms. Some slow development of this system is possible over
the next several days at it moves toward the Florida peninsula and then the southeastern United States.

* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.
2 likes   

SFLcane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#72 Postby SFLcane » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:13 am

Rain and more rain for Florida. No biggie
0 likes   

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#73 Postby Aric Dunn » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:20 am

SFLcane wrote:Rain and more rain for Florida. No biggie

So I guess that means you dont need to watch it any longer. Lol
0 likes   

northjaxpro
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#74 Postby northjaxpro » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:42 am

Aric Dunn wrote:
northjaxpro wrote:Shear will take about 24-36 hours to slacken Aric. I am thinking the surface reflection will take shape by Thursday afternoon at the earliest . I suppose It could spin down sooner if shear abates faster than I anticipate.

The divergent shear setup is what is going to get this going. Should the convection going.

Convecton will really get going beginning by mid afternoon today.
I am really anticpating the next DMAX later on...
1 likes   

xironman
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#75 Postby xironman » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:52 am

I can see why it might not be a threat for FL but the model support for a storm off the SE coast is quite clear.
2 likes   

Kazmit
Category 5
Category 5

#76 Postby Kazmit » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:59 am

Is this the same system that the Euro and the GFS show developing a week from now between the east coast and Bermuda?
0 likes   
Igor 2010, Sandy 2012, Fay 2014, Gonzalo 2014, Joaquin 2015, Nicole 2016, Humberto 2019

I am only a tropical weather enthusiast. My predictions are not official and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

crownweather
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#77 Postby crownweather » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:04 am

Kazmit wrote:Is this the same system that the Euro and the GFS show developing a week from now between the east coast and Bermuda?

Yes.
0 likes   
Rob Lightbown
Crown Weather Services
https://crownweather.com

xironman
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#78 Postby xironman » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:04 am

Kazmit wrote:Is this the same system that the Euro and the GFS show developing a week from now between the east coast and Bermuda?

If you follow the 850 vorticity, it looks like it contributes
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#79 Postby cycloneye » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:05 am

This is it.
1 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

Aric Dunn
Category 5
Category 5

#80 Postby Aric Dunn » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:09 am

The 06z euro is quite a bit more bullish with the vorticity in the next 12 to 15 hours. Goes from very little to closed at 850 mb. With a surface reflection ( weak) around the same time.

Typically systems in this setup have a tendency to develop faster then stayed sheared. TS into florida in the test 36 hours not out of the question. Many many cases like this.

Keep an eye out around andros today. Probably to the south or Se
2 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”