Trough of Low Pressure in Bay of Campeche / (Is INVEST 96L)

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
cycloneye
Admin
Admin

Trough of Low Pressure in Bay of Campeche / (Is INVEST 96L)

#1 Postby cycloneye » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:19 am

Since there is an insipient area of disturbed weather,this thread is made. Let's see if it develops on the Caribbean side or in EPAC if it does at all.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

Re: Disturbed weather in Central Caribbean

#2 Postby cycloneye » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:27 am

12Z GFS develops but has plenty of land interaction.

0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

GCANE
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3 Postby GCANE » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:34 am

Large amplitude wave kicking off heavy convection.
Being fed by the debris of an MCS that came off Venezuela this morning.
This will likely hit Honduras in a couple days creating surface convergence and a possible LL vort.

Gyre is in place now with west winds south of Panama and east winds north of Panama.

GFS has been very consistent in spinning something up this weekend with landfall on the Yucatan.
Euro currently develops it in the EPAC.

2 likes   

chaser1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#4 Postby chaser1 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:42 pm

I'm just questioning the predicted 500mb heights within the east/west ridge between the potentially forming T.D in the S.W. Caribbean this weekend, and the digging E. Conus trough during this period of time. Seems to me that "if" a developing T.D. were as far north as Honduras, that it could well feel the weakness to the north and possibly find a weakness in the ridge. On the other hand, if a T.D. were to form south of 13N and already be moving/drifting westward, then it may well remain small enough and far south enough to feel any tug northward. 12Z GFS suggests an initial northward motion likely moving up and over the top of a broader gyre still over the E. PAC, which then moves the T.D./Storm back to the west and over Central America. Seems that the three steering players here will be the strength and location of such a gyre, the strength of the east/west ridge across the N. Caribbean and Gulf, and depth/influence of any digging E. CONUS trough.
2 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

NDG
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#5 Postby NDG » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:35 pm

12z Euro still showing no GFS support for development in the Caribbean, it develops a vorticity further west over in the EPAC side.
0 likes   

CourierPR
Category 5
Category 5

#6 Postby CourierPR » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:46 pm

NDG wrote:12z Euro still showing no GFS support for development in the Caribbean, it develops a vorticity further west over in the EPAC side.

Please clarify. The Euro and GFS models are separate models, correct?
0 likes   

northjaxpro
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#7 Postby northjaxpro » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:50 pm

chaser1 wrote:I'm just questioning the predicted 500mb heights within the east/west ridge between the potentially forming T.D in the S.W. Caribbean this weekend, and the digging E. Conus trough during this period of time. Seems to me that "if" a developing T.D. were as far north as Honduras, that it could well feel the weakness to the north and possibly find a weakness in the ridge. On the other hand, if a T.D. were to form south of 13N and already be moving/drifting westward, then it may well remain small enough and far south enough to feel any tug northward. 12Z GFS suggests an initial northward motion likely moving up and over the top of a broader gyre still over the E. PAC, which then moves the T.D./Storm back to the west and over Central America. Seems that the three steering players here will be the strength and location of such a gyre, the strength of the east/west ridge across the N. Caribbean and Gulf, and depth/influence of any digging E. CONUS trough.

I agree with you Chaser about those three steering players. However, looking at the GFS 500 mb analysis out to one week from now, that Greater Antilles/Caribbean Ridge looks rather stout. There does not look to be enough amplification of the Eastern CONUS trough going into next week as it stands right now. Things could change of course, but right now this anomalous /atypical pattern for this time of the season down that way right now looks to continue through into next week. I spoke on this in the Global Models Thread yesterday that any tropical cyclones that try to develop down in the Caribbean will in all likehood be steered into Central America for the next week or so, barring any sudden change the mid -upper level pattern.
Last edited by northjaxpro on Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 likes   
NEVER, EVER SAY NEVER in the tropics and weather in general, and most importantly, with life itself!!

________________________________________________________________________________________

Fay 2008 Beryl 2012 Debby 2012 Colin 2016 Hermine 2016 Julia 2016 Matthew 2016 Irma 2017 Dorian 2019

northjaxpro
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#8 Postby northjaxpro » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:51 pm

chaser1 wrote:I'm just questioning the predicted 500mb heights within the east/west ridge between the potentially forming T.D in the S.W. Caribbean this weekend, and the digging E. Conus trough during this period of time. Seems to me that "if" a developing T.D. were as far north as Honduras, that it could well feel the weakness to the north and possibly find a weakness in the ridge. On the other hand, if a T.D. were to form south of 13N and already be moving/drifting westward, then it may well remain small enough and far south enough to feel any tug northward. 12Z GFS suggests an initial northward motion likely moving up and over the top of a broader gyre still over the E. PAC, which then moves the T.D./Storm back to the west and over Central America. Seems that the three steering players here will be the strength and location of such a gyre, the strength of the east/west ridge across the N. Caribbean and Gulf, and depth/influence of any digging E. CONUS trough.

I agree with you Chaser about those three steering players. However, looking at today's 12Z GFS 500 mb analysis out one week from now, that Greater Antilles/Caribbean Ridge looks rather stout. There does not look to be enough amplification of the Eastern CONUS trough going into next week as it stands right now. Things could change of course, but right now this anomalous /atypical pattern down that way right now looks to continue through into next week. I spoke on this in the Global Models Thread yesterday that any tropical cyclones that try to develop down in the Caribbean will in all likelihood be steered into Central America for the next week or so, barring any sudden change the mid -upper level pattern.
Last edited by northjaxpro on Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
0 likes   
NEVER, EVER SAY NEVER in the tropics and weather in general, and most importantly, with life itself!!

________________________________________________________________________________________

Fay 2008 Beryl 2012 Debby 2012 Colin 2016 Hermine 2016 Julia 2016 Matthew 2016 Irma 2017 Dorian 2019

Hurricaneman
Category 5
Category 5

#9 Postby Hurricaneman » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:51 pm

CourierPR wrote:
NDG wrote:12z Euro still showing no GFS support for development in the Caribbean, it develops a vorticity further west over in the EPAC side.

Please clarify. The Euro and GFS models are separate models, correct?

What he’s saying is that the GFS and Euro don’t agree as the Euro has this develop in the EPAC and the GFS develops in the Caribbean if I’m reading that right
1 likes   

GCANE
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#10 Postby GCANE » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:24 pm

Persistent convection firing for over 3 hrs along a shear gradient.
Could be the beginning of what GFS has been telling us for this weekend.
1 likes   

AnnularCane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#11 Postby AnnularCane » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:41 pm

If we get a colored circle with this, when might that be?
0 likes   

northjaxpro
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#12 Postby northjaxpro » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:44 pm

AnnularCane wrote:If we get a colored circle with this, when might that be?

Either late tonight or tomorrow morning, maybe as early as the 2 a.m. TWO , if the convection remains persistent throughout the overnight
1 likes   

floridasun78
Category 5
Category 5

#13 Postby floridasun78 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:46 pm

look to be their weak low deep sw Caribbean that will run into central america
0 likes   

northjaxpro
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#14 Postby northjaxpro » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:52 pm

northjaxpro wrote:

Either late tonight or tomorrow morning, maybe as early as the 2 a.m. TWO , if the convection remains persistent throughout the overnight

I am assuming Annular Cane that you are referencing the disturbed area well south of Jamaica, right? That area may get a yellow circle or mention from NHC later tonight or early tomorrow morning. That is what I am pointing too.
1 likes   

AnnularCane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#15 Postby AnnularCane » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:56 pm

northjaxpro wrote:
northjaxpro wrote:

I am assuming Annular Cane that you are referencing the disturbed area well south of Jamaica, right? That area may get a yellow circle or mention from NHC later tonight or early tomorrow morning. That is what I am pointing too.

Probably...although there seems to be a lot of debate on when something might form there, if it does.

I guess I'm wondering when is the earliest something could show up down there.
0 likes   

northjaxpro
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#16 Postby northjaxpro » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:15 pm

[quote]="AnnularCane"][quote="northjaxpro"][quote="northjaxpro"]

Either late tonight or tomorrow morning, maybe as early as the 2 a.m. TWO , if the convection remains persistent throughout the overnight[/quote]

[quote]
I am assuming Annular Cane that you are referencing the disturbed area well south of Jamaica, right? That area may get a yellow circle or mention from NHC later tonight or early tomorrow morning. That is what I am pointing too.[/quote]

Probably...although there seems to be a lot of debate on when something might form there, if it does.

[quote]
I guess I'm wondering when is the earliest something could show up down there.[/quote]

Something could develop down there this week if things come together.
This current AOI would not be around too long though with that ridge in place to steer it into CA
1 likes   

tropicwatch
Category 5
Category 5

#17 Postby tropicwatch » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:33 pm

Boy nothing moving poleward expect in the far east Atlantic.
0 likes   
Tropicwatch

Agnes 72', Eloise 75, Elena 85', Kate 85', Charley 86', Florence 88', Beryl 94', Dean 95', Erin 95', Opal 95', Earl 98', Georges 98', Ivan 2004', Arlene 2005', Dennis 2005', Ida 2009' Debby 2012' Irma 2017' Michael 2018'

TheStormExpert
Category 5
Category 5

#18 Postby TheStormExpert » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:05 pm

18z GFS into NE Nicaragua with weak development.
0 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by storm2k.org.

blp
Category 5
Category 5

#19 Postby blp » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:13 pm

Well the Navgem doing what the Navgem does. :lol:

1 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

floridasun78
Category 5
Category 5

#20 Postby floridasun78 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:12 pm

navgem on drug their saying never do drug
2 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”