S2K has Breaking News

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
cycloneye
Admin
Admin

S2K has Breaking News

#1 Postby cycloneye » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:55 pm

12 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

MetroMike
Category 3
Category 3

Re: S2K has Breaking News

#2 Postby MetroMike » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:05 pm

Yes, we have had enough drama and dire news without a threat from a hurricane.
:double: :double:
2 likes   

WeatherEmperor
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3 Postby WeatherEmperor » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:15 pm

Hahaha you got me Luis. I really hope we have a safe hurricane season because obviously we have enough on our plates from the corona

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
3 likes   

Astromanía
Category 2
Category 2

#4 Postby Astromanía » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:15 pm

LMAO, but seriously things doesn't look good for the next hurricane season that can be a potential active one while we have to deal with a pandemic
1 likes   

Chris90
Category 2
Category 2

#5 Postby Chris90 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:55 pm

This coronavirus panic has given me a taste in the midwest of what it is like when all of you in hurricane prone areas have to stock up and try to find basic supplies in stores that are quickly running out. I mean, we occasionally will get a big snowstorm or a full-fledged blizzard here, but even then, I've never seen this kind of panic at the stores, emptying all the shelves.
It makes me really glad that I haven't ever lived in an area that has experienced a hurricane disaster. Everyone is freaking out about having to hunker down at home, but we all still have power and running water, etc. Going through this has made me realize that I truly cannot fathom what it is like to be stuck in a disaster zone like Puerto Rico and Dominica after Maria, or any of the islands after Irma, or Abaco and Grand Bahama after Dorian. To go through a terrifying eyewall and then be left in a disaster zone wondering what I'm going to do? I'll take this coronavirus panic any day, sitting at home waiting for the all clear.
3 likes   
Solar Aquarian
Lunar Cancerian
:uarrow: Sagittarian

TheStormExpert
Category 5
Category 5

#6 Postby TheStormExpert » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:33 pm

If this craziness is still going on during the peak of hurricane season with a major hurricane bearing down somewhere in the U.S. things will not be good! :lol:

Better hope for a slow hurricane season at this point but with the latest talk and trends that doesn’t seem the most likely outcome unfortunately.
3 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by storm2k.org.

CrazyC83
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#7 Postby CrazyC83 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:24 pm

Come on El Nino!!!
1 likes   

CrazyC83
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#8 Postby CrazyC83 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:11 pm

Speaking of COVID-19 and this season, what happens to Hurricane Hunter flights? Will they go on or be suspended?
0 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”