John Grisham and Atlantic storm climatology.

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
KBBOCA
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter
Location: Formerly Boca Raton, often West Africa. Currently Charlotte NC

John Grisham and Atlantic storm climatology.

#1 Postby KBBOCA » Mon May 25, 2020 1:47 pm

Hey all. Long time since I've posted anything... Hope everyone is well. Praying this will be a season of fish storms. We don't need hurricane devastation on top of all the suffering caused by Covid19.

Anyone here read John Grisham's latest novel Camino Winds? I just started it this afternoon, but the first line is driving me crazy.

He writes:

"Leo spun to life in late July in the restless waters of the far eastern Atlantic, about two hundred miles west of Cape Verde. He was soon spotted from space, properly named, and classified"

Leo in late July?!?!
What is the earliest recorded date for formation / naming of an L storm or even AL12?

Tried to Google it without success, but I know S2K folks will have the answer.

Stay safe all!
0 likes   

gfsperpendicular
Category 1
Category 1

Re: John Grisham and Atlantic storm climatology.

#2 Postby gfsperpendicular » Mon May 25, 2020 2:03 pm

KBBOCA wrote:"Leo spun to life in late July in the restless waters of the far eastern Atlantic, about two hundred miles west of Cape Verde. He was soon spotted from space, properly named, and classified"

Leo in late July?!?!
What is the earliest recorded date for formation / naming of an L storm or even AL12?

That would be Luis in 1995... on August 29. Looks like you have a record-smashingly hyperactive season ahead! :spam:
1 likes   
I'm not sleeping, I'm waiting for the 0900 UTC advisory!

#1 CMC stan

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”