When will Kyle form?

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K

When will Kyle form?

Poll ended at Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:38 am

August 15-20
35%
August 21-31
61%
September 1-10
4%
September 11-20
No votes
September 21 and beyond
No votes

Total votes: 54

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

Re: When will Kyle form?

#21 Postby cycloneye » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:56 pm

mcheer23 wrote:The date that Kyle may form isn't even on here. How often does that happen? Lol. Just shows you how fast things can change.

Indeed. I made the poll knowing it was being mentioned but didn't expect the quickness it has organized. If it forms before the 15th,those who voted 15-20 will count as winners.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

sma10
Category 5
Category 5

#22 Postby sma10 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:26 pm

mcheer23 wrote:The date that Kyle may form isn't even on here. How often does that happen? Lol. Just shows you how fast things can change.

Yeah, I'm not sure people realize how active it could potentially be in just the next few days. Kyle looks like a good bet in the North Atlantic. Looks like another system (subtropical?) follows immediately behind Kyle in his footsteps. I wouldn't sleep on the spin that's currently in the Central Atlantic - ICON, CMC want to juice it up a little as it approaches the islands (the EURO also today has a hint of a possibility). And there's a huge wave coming off Africa late this weekend that has potential. The models (in terms of genesis) are underwhelming to say the least. I wouldn't be shocked if this time next week we're looking at Marco
6 likes   

tiger_deF
Category 1
Category 1

#23 Postby tiger_deF » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:26 pm

Turns out everyone was wrong and it actually formed before the earliest possible option. 2020 has been a hell of a year...
5 likes   

Hammy
Category 5
Category 5

#24 Postby Hammy » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:31 pm

Lol it showed up so quickly I didn't even have a chance to put in a vote.
0 likes   
The above post is not official and should not be used as such. It is the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is not endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

AnnularCane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#25 Postby AnnularCane » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:36 pm

I'm thinking the poll options for Laura should begin with TODAY. :lol:
7 likes   

aspen
Category 5
Category 5

#26 Postby aspen » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:36 pm

sma10 wrote:

Yeah, I'm not sure people realize how active it could potentially be in just the next few days. Kyle looks like a good bet in the North Atlantic. Looks like another system (subtropical?) follows immediately behind Kyle in his footsteps. I wouldn't sleep on the spin that's currently in the Central Atlantic - ICON, CMC want to juice it up a little as it approaches the islands (the EURO also today has a hint of a possibility). And there's a huge wave coming off Africa late this weekend that has potential. The models (in terms of genesis) are underwhelming to say the least. I wouldn't be shocked if this time next week we're looking at Marco

The central Atlantic wave might get all the way to the western Caribbean, so I wouldn’t exclude the possibility of it eventually developing. The CMC has another TC in the MDR by August 24th. Suffice to say, things are about to go crazy.
0 likes   
Irene '11 Sandy '12 Hermine '16 5/15/2018 Derecho Fay '20 Isaias '20 Elsa '21 Henri '21 Ida '21

I am only a meteorology enthusiast who knows a decent amount about tropical cyclones. Look to the professional mets, the NHC, or your local weather office for the best information.

EquusStorm
Category 5
Category 5

#27 Postby EquusStorm » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:44 pm

9 likes   
Colors of lost purpose on the canvas of irrelevance

Not a meteorologist, in fact more of an idiot than anything. You should probably check with the NHC or a local NWS office for official information.

Hurricaneman
Category 5
Category 5

#28 Postby Hurricaneman » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:48 pm

Nobody won the poll, it’s been a crazy year and the surprises keep on coming
1 likes   

CyclonicFury
Category 5
Category 5

#29 Postby CyclonicFury » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:48 pm

At this rate, we might as well make a poll for when will Alpha form. :lol:
8 likes   
NCSU B.S. in Meteorology Class of 2021. Tropical weather blogger at http://www.cyclonicfury.com. My forecasts and thoughts are NOT official, for official forecasts please consult the National Hurricane Center.

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#30 Postby cycloneye » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:50 pm

Of course the poll is closed. :D Those who voted 15-20 are winners.
2 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”