Poll: Which Tropical Cyclone Will Have a Greater Impact on Louisiana?

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K

Which Tropical Cyclone Will Have a Greater Impact on Louisiana?

Poll ended at Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:25 am

Laura
76%
Marco
16%
About the same
8%

Total votes: 38

AJC3
Admin
Admin

Poll: Which Tropical Cyclone Will Have a Greater Impact on Louisiana?

#1 Postby AJC3 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:25 am

I thought this might garner some interest, seeing how Marco is trending farther eastward, while Laura is trending more westward

Think in terms of all the impacts: wind, surge, rainfall, tornadoes, etc.
1 likes   

Blinhart
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Poll: Which Tropical Cyclone Will Have a Greater Impact on Louisiana?

#2 Postby Blinhart » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:23 pm

I live in South Louisiana, I just know that I don't like this situation at all. They both could be catastrophic events. Louisiana is used to have 2 bad storms in the same year, but I don't think it has ever happened in the same week.
2 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

chaser1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3 Postby chaser1 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:34 pm

Blinhart wrote:I live in South Louisiana, I just know that I don't like this situation at all. They both could be catastrophic events. Louisiana is used to have 2 bad storms in the same year, but I don't think it has ever happened in the same week.

Covid-19, unemployment, multiple Hurricane landfall threats..... but look at the bright side. There's been no signs of locusts so far and the chances of a major earthquake in LA are practically nill, right? :P
0 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

TheStormExpert
Category 5
Category 5

#4 Postby TheStormExpert » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:36 pm

Both will maybe two days apart but Laura will be more significant in my opinion.
1 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by storm2k.org.

Blinhart
Category 5
Category 5

#5 Postby Blinhart » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:37 pm

chaser1 wrote:
Blinhart wrote:I live in South Louisiana, I just know that I don't like this situation at all. They both could be catastrophic events. Louisiana is used to have 2 bad storms in the same year, but I don't think it has ever happened in the same week.

Covid-19, unemployment, multiple Hurricane landfall threats..... but look at the bright side. There's been no signs of locusts so far and the chances of a major earthquake in LA are practically nill, right? :P

Hey watch your mouth, you know there is a fault line down in the GoM, and you never know if these waves are carrying a swarm of locusts from Africa. You know it is 2020.
1 likes   

chaser1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#6 Postby chaser1 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:53 pm

AJC3 wrote:I thought this might garner some interest, seeing how Marco is trending farther eastward, while Laura is trending more westward

Think in terms of all the impacts: wind, surge, rainfall, tornadoes, etc.

Laura has thus far been a discombobulated heap but it's not lacking in vorticity and energetic spurts of bursting convection. Upper air conditions when it's broken self finally enters the GOM look to be drastically improved, verses what Marco-Polo will bump up against. Seems like twin UL outflow channels will well be in place to allow Laura to really deepen by late Tue/early Wed. while still well south of Mobile AL. I think RI is a significant possibility on approach to E. Louisiana (or Mississippi/Alabama coastline).
1 likes   

chaser1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#7 Postby chaser1 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:59 pm

Blinhart wrote:
chaser1 wrote:

Hey watch your mouth, you know there is a fault line down in the GoM, and you never know if these waves are carrying a swarm of locusts from Africa. You know it is 2020.

Oops.... kinda forgot about the New Madrid :eek: 2020 - the year that ceases to deliver!
0 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”