How strong will Eta II get?

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
Ryxn
Category 1
Category 1

How strong will Eta II get?

#1 Postby Ryxn » Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:27 pm

Eta is forecast to regenerate in the west Caribbean at the end of the week. How strong do you think she will get? (I am calling it a she as it sounds like a female name)

I will guess Category 4 with 140 mph winds like Michelle of 2001.

There's a chance it gets stuck in the Caribbean for longer and moves slow. If this occurs and the storm is not affected by shear, a high-end Category 4 or even low-end Category 5 is possible.

Also keep in mind that it's possible "Eta II" will be Theta.

Let's discuss.
0 likes   

underthwx
Category 5
Category 5

Re: How strong will Eta II get?

#2 Postby underthwx » Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:41 pm

I am going conservative...it's a guess after all...warm water, lower shear...Category 1?...very hard to say, not knowing what will be left to reorganize, but with the NHC depicting a Tropical Storm, Category 1 is possible I would imagine...
Last edited by underthwx on Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 likes   

ElectricStorm
Category 5
Category 5

Re: How strong will Eta II get?

#3 Postby ElectricStorm » Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:46 pm

I think it's way too early to tell. With how slow it's moving right now, there may not be anything left of it to even reform once it gets back over water. But if it does there's enough time for it to bomb out again if the conditions are right.
2 likes   
I am in no way a professional. Take what I say with a grain of salt as I could be totally wrong. Please refer to the NHC, NWS, or SPC for official information.

Boomer Sooner!

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”