Willard Scott, former 'Today' show weatherman, dies at 87

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
TampaFl
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Willard Scott, former 'Today' show weatherman, dies at 87

#1 Postby TampaFl » Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:54 am

A true legend of his time! Enjoyed watching him when I was little! Willard Scott was one of those rare TV personalities who could look at a TV camera lens and make you feel as if he personally was coming into your living room for a chat. Came across as a very caring, personable man while telling us about the weather and always with a sincere smile. He seemed genuinely kind. I wish newscasters today would emulate him. I always thought that Willard's wishing Centenarians Happy Birthday was one of the classiest things that happened on television. RIP Mr. Scott!
4 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the NHC and NWS.

vxskaxv
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

Re: Willard Scott, former 'Today' show weatherman, dies at 87

#2 Postby vxskaxv » Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:58 pm

Loved watching him throughout the 70’s, 80’s, early 90’s. A lot don’t realize he had a long stint playing Bozo the clown and Ronald McDonald early in his career in the 60’s. If I remember correctly, he was the first person to play Ronald.
0 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”