When will the 5th Major Hurricane will form?

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
Hurricane2021
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

When will the 5th Major Hurricane will form?

#1 Postby Hurricane2021 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:58 pm

Well, we are passing by the peak of 2021 Atlantic Hurricane Season, and the models are indicating 4 systems forming, but the 4th system could be special. Based on this, I decided to create this topic.
0 likes   

Stormybajan
Category 1
Category 1

Re: When will the 5th Major Hurricane will form?

#2 Postby Stormybajan » Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:04 pm

Hurricane2021 wrote:Well, we are passing by the peak of 2021 Atlantic Hurricane Season, and the models are indicating 4 systems forming, but the 4th system could be special. Based on this, I decided to create this topic.

Fifth major? We havent even had the fourth major yet :lol:
4 likes   
Sad West Indies and Manchester United fan ⚽️

Category5Kaiju
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby Category5Kaiju » Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:20 pm

I am going to save this for a bit later as we have not even had our 4th major hurricane yet.
3 likes   
Unless explicitly stated, all information covered in my posts is based on my opinions and observations. Please refer to a professional meteorologist or an accredited weather research agency otherwise, especially if serious decisions must be made in the event of a potentially life-threatening tropical storm or hurricane.

Category5Kaiju
Category 5
Category 5

#4 Postby Category5Kaiju » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:58 am

Ok, so Sam has officially become our 4th major hurricane. Therefore, I will say that I am officially ready to take a wild guess as this question is now appropriate.

I think it'll be Wanda, and it'll be a WCAR monster that forms near early to mid October.
4 likes   
Unless explicitly stated, all information covered in my posts is based on my opinions and observations. Please refer to a professional meteorologist or an accredited weather research agency otherwise, especially if serious decisions must be made in the event of a potentially life-threatening tropical storm or hurricane.

aspen
Category 5
Category 5

#5 Postby aspen » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:09 am

I also think it’ll be Wanda in the WCar.
1 likes   
Irene '11 Sandy '12 Hermine '16 5/15/2018 Derecho Fay '20 Isaias '20 Elsa '21 Henri '21 Ida '21

I am only a meteorology enthusiast who knows a decent amount about tropical cyclones. Look to the professional mets, the NHC, or your local weather office for the best information.

kevin
Category 5
Category 5

#6 Postby kevin » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:59 am

I think there will be 1, maybe 2 majors left this season. And I think the next one will be Wanda in the WCar. After the mess that was Wilfred, we need a worthy companion to Wilma for the W-storms.
1 likes   

underthwx
Category 5
Category 5

#7 Postby underthwx » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:06 am

kevin wrote:I think there will be 1, maybe 2 majors left this season. And I think the next one will be Wanda in the WCar. After the mess that was Wilfred, we need a worthy companion to Wilma for the W-storms.

Kevin....I'm curious as to why the WCar?....is this based on climatology?....or some long range forecast models?...thankyou for any input you can offer...
0 likes   

Category5Kaiju
Category 5
Category 5

#8 Postby Category5Kaiju » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:10 am

kevin wrote:I think there will be 1, maybe 2 majors left this season. And I think the next one will be Wanda in the WCar. After the mess that was Wilfred, we need a worthy companion to Wilma for the W-storms.

I gotta admit, last year when we were rumbling through the naming list, I kind of expected Wilfred to become a powerhouse Category 5 hurricane. But no, that failed to materialize. Perhaps Wanda will do something different though (not that I would want to see it of course, but intriguing thought).
1 likes   

kevin
Category 5
Category 5

#9 Postby kevin » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:18 pm

underthwx wrote:

Kevin....I'm curious as to why the WCar?....is this based on climatology?....or some long range forecast models?...thankyou for any input you can offer...

Sorry for my very late response. But yeah partly based on climatology as well as some of the long-range hints by the GFS ensemble for something brewing in the WCar. Even though tbh the new MDR disturbances seem more likely to form before any WCar system so if a WCar/GOM system will be the next MH it'll probably be a later name than Wanda.
1 likes   

DioBrando
Category 4
Category 4

#10 Postby DioBrando » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:49 pm

kevin wrote:
underthwx wrote:

Sorry for my very late response. But yeah partly based on climatology as well as some of the long-range hints by the GFS ensemble for something brewing in the WCar. Even though tbh the new MDR disturbances seem more likely to form before any WCar system so if a WCar/GOM system will be the next MH it'll probably be a later name than Wanda.

Probably would be named Adria tbh.
0 likes   
blonde stacey (xe/xem/xir)

chaser1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#11 Postby chaser1 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:46 am

Adria - Develops on October 14th. Cat 3 that develops in Central Caribbean, eventually clipping Cuba and then landfalling Cape Sable, Fla as a high end Cat 1/low end Cat 2 before phasing in with sharp E. CONUS short wave resulting in first significant cool front to sweep southward through the state.
1 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Hammy
Category 5
Category 5

#12 Postby Hammy » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:27 pm

More than likely it won't unless we have another Ophelia-type system.
1 likes   
The above post is not official and should not be used as such. It is the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is not endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Woofde
Category 1
Category 1

Re: RE: Re: When will the 5th Major Hurricane will form?

#13 Postby Woofde » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:54 pm

Hammy wrote:More than likely it won't unless we have another Ophelia-type system.
I would argue the Carribean is more than capable of producing another Major. If 2020 could do 4, 2021 could certainly manage atleast 1 .
5 likes   

Ubuntwo
Category 5
Category 5

#14 Postby Ubuntwo » Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:30 pm

Guessing a Caribbean major in November. I will be wrong :D
2 likes   
Kendall -> SLO -> PBC

Memorable Storms: Katrina (for its Florida landfall...) Wilma Matthew Irma

CyclonicFury
Category 5
Category 5

#15 Postby CyclonicFury » Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:49 pm

Sometime around October 15-20 in the western Caribbean, likely the final major of the season
1 likes   
NCSU B.S. in Meteorology Class of 2021. Tropical weather blogger at http://www.cyclonicfury.com. My forecasts and thoughts are NOT official, for official forecasts please consult the National Hurricane Center.

Ryxn
Category 1
Category 1

#16 Postby Ryxn » Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:05 pm

Lmao Victor with 120 MPH winds

The sixth will be Adria with 140-160 MPH winds
1 likes   

CrazyC83
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#17 Postby CrazyC83 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:09 am

I'm going to guess it will be Hurricane Adria around October 18 in the NW Caribbean and eastern Gulf.
0 likes   

Hurricane2021
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#18 Postby Hurricane2021 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:19 am

Well...
2021 not produced the 5th MH so far and wnd will not likely produce more :D
2 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”