When will Adria form.

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
OuterBanker
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

When will Adria form.

#1 Postby OuterBanker » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:36 am

Earlier in the season I didn't think we would get to Wanda. But with Odette and Peter forming probably before the 20th of September it's almost seems like it will be likely almost a given.
0 likes   

ElectricStorm
Category 5
Category 5

Re: When will Adria form.

#2 Postby ElectricStorm » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:37 am

Not gonna happen IMO. I think we'll use most of the regular list, but not get to the auxiliary list.

Crazy prediction: We get to Wanda, and there's an invest that looks like it will become Adria, but then it doesn't develop and Wanda ends up being the last storm of the year :lol:
3 likes   
I am in no way a professional. Take what I say with a grain of salt as I could be totally wrong. Please refer to the NHC, NWS, or SPC for official information.

Boomer Sooner!

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#3 Postby tolakram » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:45 am

Weather Dude wrote:Not gonna happen IMO. I think we'll use most of the regular list, but not get to the auxiliary list.

Crazy prediction: We get to Wanda, and there's an invest that looks like it will become Adria, but then it doesn't develop and Wanda ends up being the last storm of the year :lol:

A fish called Wanda?
1 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

Category5Kaiju
Category 5
Category 5

#4 Postby Category5Kaiju » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:54 pm

Can we wait until Wanda definitively forms first? I feel like this question is a bit premature, although if I had to guess, it'll probably be late October or early November. :D
4 likes   
Unless explicitly stated, all information covered in my posts is based on my opinions and observations. Please refer to a professional meteorologist or an accredited weather research agency otherwise, especially if serious decisions must be made in the event of a potentially life-threatening tropical storm or hurricane.

AnnularCane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#5 Postby AnnularCane » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:54 pm

After Wanda. 8-)
5 likes   
"But it never rained rain. It never snowed snow. And it never blew just wind. It rained things like soup and juice. It snowed mashed potatoes and green peas. And sometimes the wind blew in storms of hamburgers." -- Judi Barrett, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs

Blinhart
Category 5
Category 5

#6 Postby Blinhart » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:00 pm

I agree with everyone else that this question is way too early.
1 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Hurricaneman
Category 5
Category 5

#7 Postby Hurricaneman » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:19 pm

My guess is beyond 2025 so no we don’t get there this year
0 likes   

zal0phus
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#8 Postby zal0phus » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:09 pm

I think, only a hunch of course, Victor will be this year's final name. I anticipate maybe one significant storm in the rest of September, and a less active October but with virtually every storm of that month as a major much like last year. I feel like the final storm, or next-to-last one, will be the strongest of the season.
1 likes   
And it all comes tumbling down, tumbling down, tumbling down...
And I just keep letting me down, letting me down, letting me down...

Category5Kaiju
Category 5
Category 5

#9 Postby Category5Kaiju » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:36 pm

zal0phus wrote:I think, only a hunch of course, Victor will be this year's final name. I anticipate maybe one significant storm in the rest of September, and a less active October but with virtually every storm of that month as a major much like last year. I feel like the final storm, or next-to-last one, will be the strongest of the season.

I am thinking Wanda; however, that of course is just me being a person seeking satisfaction and for all 21 names to be used up with nothing more. :D

But hey, a December surprise in the form of Adria would be cool too.
1 likes   
Unless explicitly stated, all information covered in my posts is based on my opinions and observations. Please refer to a professional meteorologist or an accredited weather research agency otherwise, especially if serious decisions must be made in the event of a potentially life-threatening tropical storm or hurricane.

Teban54
Category 5
Category 5

#10 Postby Teban54 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:40 pm

Category5Kaiju wrote:
zal0phus wrote:I think, only a hunch of course, Victor will be this year's final name. I anticipate maybe one significant storm in the rest of September, and a less active October but with virtually every storm of that month as a major much like last year. I feel like the final storm, or next-to-last one, will be the strongest of the season.

I am thinking Wanda; however, that of course is just me being a person seeking satisfaction and for all 21 names to be used up with nothing more. :D

Imagine if Adria gets named on December 31, but post-season analysis determines it only formed on January 1, 2022. Will the 2022 season start with Alex or Bonnie? :lol:
3 likes   

AnnularCane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#11 Postby AnnularCane » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:42 pm

Category5Kaiju wrote:

Yeah, making it through the whole list except for one name will probably drive me crazy. :lol:
1 likes   
"But it never rained rain. It never snowed snow. And it never blew just wind. It rained things like soup and juice. It snowed mashed potatoes and green peas. And sometimes the wind blew in storms of hamburgers." -- Judi Barrett, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs

Category5Kaiju
Category 5
Category 5

#12 Postby Category5Kaiju » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:47 pm

Teban54 wrote:
Category5Kaiju wrote:

Imagine if Adria gets named on December 31, but post-season analysis determines it only formed on January 1, 2022. Will the 2022 season start with Alex or Bonnie? :lol:

I'm pretty sure it'll remain as Adria. To reduce confusion, I do not think the NHC would ever reverse the decision on naming a storm. I mean, in years like 2005 or 2011, they did not rename every single storm that occurred after the unnamed one happened, so yeah.
1 likes   

Teban54
Category 5
Category 5

#13 Postby Teban54 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:06 pm

Fact: If both TD16 and 97L get named in the next 24 hours (very likely), we will only be one day behind 2005. Rita formed on September 18. Stan didn't form until October 1, giving 2021 enough time to earn another spot on the "earliest and 2nd earliest named storms" table on Wikipedia.

If Peter and Rose indeed form soon, with 4 more names left, I would be surprised if we don't get to Adria.
0 likes   

Category5Kaiju
Category 5
Category 5

#14 Postby Category5Kaiju » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:08 pm

You know, I initially thought that this question was asked way too far in advance, but it is ever so slightly starting to become a legitimately good question.
5 likes   

aspen
Category 5
Category 5

#15 Postby aspen » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:45 pm

Possibly mid-October at this rate. 98L will likely become Sam, and then there are two potential storms afterwards: another MDR wave at the very end of September and possibly something in the Caribbean in early October. If both of those form and become Teresa and Victor, we’ll be two names shy of going into the auxiliary list, and the VP forecast suggests a very active middle of October.
0 likes   
Irene '11 Sandy '12 Hermine '16 5/15/2018 Derecho Fay '20 Isaias '20 Elsa '21 Henri '21 Ida '21

I am only a meteorology enthusiast who knows a decent amount about tropical cyclones. Look to the professional mets, the NHC, or your local weather office for the best information.

ElectricStorm
Category 5
Category 5

#16 Postby ElectricStorm » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:03 pm

Looks like I'll be eating crow as it appears we will have Teresa and Victor by the end of September, and I doubt we'll only have 1 storm in Oct/Nov
0 likes   
I am in no way a professional. Take what I say with a grain of salt as I could be totally wrong. Please refer to the NHC, NWS, or SPC for official information.

Boomer Sooner!

OuterBanker
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#17 Postby OuterBanker » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:16 pm

Maybe this question wasn't too early after all. I'd say Mid Oct now. 99l will probably become Teresa tomorrow. Victor maybe Tuesday in the MDR.
And with a still crazy active WAM reaching Adria is a given I'd say.
0 likes   

Hurricaneman
Category 5
Category 5

#18 Postby Hurricaneman » Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:30 am

My new guess is mid October in the western Caribbean
0 likes   

DioBrando
Category 4
Category 4

#19 Postby DioBrando » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:57 am

early october tbh
0 likes   
blonde stacey (xe/xem/xir)

Category5Kaiju
Category 5
Category 5

#20 Postby Category5Kaiju » Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:40 pm

Looks like we're going to need a poll for this now that Wanda has officially formed.
0 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”