When will Victor form?

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
AlphaToOmega
Category 5
Category 5

When will Victor form?

#1 Postby AlphaToOmega » Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:12 pm

With the formation of Subtropical Storm Teresa, it is natural to ask when Victor will form. There is a tropical wave expected to emerge off the coast of Africa in a couple of days, and there are signs of a tropical cyclone forming in the Caribbean next week.

September 24-27
September 28-30
October 1-5
October 6-10
Beyond October 10
The season will end with Teresa
Last edited by AJC3 on Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Theresa is a SUBTropical Storm
0 likes   

Category5Kaiju
Category 5
Category 5

Re: When will Victor form?

#2 Postby Category5Kaiju » Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:14 pm

Since it looks like September is having NSs pop up like rabbits, I am going to guess September 28-30.
1 likes   
Unless explicitly stated, all information covered in my posts is based on my opinions and observations. Please refer to a professional meteorologist or an accredited weather research agency otherwise, especially if serious decisions must be made in the event of a potentially life-threatening tropical storm or hurricane.

kevin
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby kevin » Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:16 pm

Lol I didn't even know Teresa had a high chance of forming until I saw this thread about Victor. I've only been paying attention to Sam the last few days :lol:. So yeah since September seems to be popping up storms everywhere, why not, 28 - 30 for me as well.
0 likes   

Category5Kaiju
Category 5
Category 5

#4 Postby Category5Kaiju » Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:20 pm

kevin wrote:Lol I didn't even know Teresa had a high chance of forming until I saw this thread about Victor. I've only been paying attention to Sam the last few days :lol:. So yeah since September seems to be popping up storms everywhere, why not, 28 - 30 for me as well.

The rate of NS formation this second half of the month is so ludicrous that literally the day after AlphatoOmega made the "when will Rose form" thread, Rose formed (and no poll was made), and there is not even a thread for Teresa's formation date.
0 likes   
Unless explicitly stated, all information covered in my posts is based on my opinions and observations. Please refer to a professional meteorologist or an accredited weather research agency otherwise, especially if serious decisions must be made in the event of a potentially life-threatening tropical storm or hurricane.

Teban54
Category 5
Category 5

#5 Postby Teban54 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:00 pm

kevin wrote:Lol I didn't even know Teresa had a high chance of forming until I saw this thread about Victor. I've only been paying attention to Sam the last few days :lol:. So yeah since September seems to be popping up storms everywhere, why not, 28 - 30 for me as well.

Teresa basically came out of nowhere with no model support and nothing more than a lemon until this morning, so you're not alone.
1 likes   

aspen
Category 5
Category 5

#6 Postby aspen » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:23 pm

I’ll go with September 28-30th, but it could be a close call between September 30th and October 1st.

Hopefully the 0/50 wave — which will likely become Victor — is able to become a hurricane before encountering more hostile conditions and make up for the lack of quality from Mindy, Odette, Peter, Rose, and Teresa. It might be a pretty low-latitude storm too.
1 likes   
Irene '11 Sandy '12 Hermine '16 5/15/2018 Derecho Fay '20 Isaias '20 Elsa '21 Henri '21 Ida '21

I am only a meteorology enthusiast who knows a decent amount about tropical cyclones. Look to the professional mets, the NHC, or your local weather office for the best information.

DioBrando
Category 4
Category 4

#7 Postby DioBrando » Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:23 pm

sep 28-30
0 likes   
blonde stacey (xe/xem/xir)

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”