What name will the 2021 Atlantic hurricane season end on?

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
CyclonicFury
Category 5
Category 5

What name will the 2021 Atlantic hurricane season end on?

#1 Postby CyclonicFury » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:37 pm

With the formation of SS Teresa, there are only three more names left on the main naming list. With the remainder of the season looking to be active as a result of La Niña, the Atlantic appears very likely to use the auxiliary list of names in its first year, just one year after going deep into the Greek alphabet. What name do you think the Atlantic will end on?

My guess is Caridad. I think we will probably see one more storm this month, three in October and one in November. We could potentially go even farther if we have a very active late season like last year.
0 likes   
NCSU B.S. in Meteorology Class of 2021. Tropical weather blogger at http://www.cyclonicfury.com. My forecasts and thoughts are NOT official, for official forecasts please consult the National Hurricane Center.

aspen
Category 5
Category 5

Re: What name will the 2021 Atlantic hurricane season end on?

#2 Postby aspen » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:42 pm

I’m going with Emery. September will likely finish off with Victor, and then much of October will see an enhanced VP phase that could cause a huge spike in activity; just look at what this weak CCKW has done over the last few days.
2 likes   
Irene '11 Sandy '12 Hermine '16 5/15/2018 Derecho Fay '20 Isaias '20 Elsa '21 Henri '21 Ida '21

I am only a meteorology enthusiast who knows a decent amount about tropical cyclones. Look to the professional mets, the NHC, or your local weather office for the best information.

zal0phus
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#3 Postby zal0phus » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:48 pm

I think it'll end on Deshawn or Emery. Depending on the activity in the rest of this month, I feel like anything from Victor to Braylen could be a West Caribbean monster.
0 likes   
And it all comes tumbling down, tumbling down, tumbling down...
And I just keep letting me down, letting me down, letting me down...

Category5Kaiju
Category 5
Category 5

#4 Postby Category5Kaiju » Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:31 pm

With how this season has been behaving in exceeding expectations in September NS formation as well as a predicted CCKW in October and La Nina potentially allowing for activity to drag on into November, my brazen guess will be Gemma, with Gemma being a surprise December storm.
1 likes   
Unless explicitly stated, all information covered in my posts is based on my opinions and observations. Please refer to a professional meteorologist or an accredited weather research agency otherwise, especially if serious decisions must be made in the event of a potentially life-threatening tropical storm or hurricane.

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”