How Many Major Hurricanes Will the 2021 Atlantic Hurricane Season End With?

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
Category5Kaiju
Category 5
Category 5

How Many Major Hurricanes Will the 2021 Atlantic Hurricane Season End With?

#1 Postby Category5Kaiju » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:56 am

So with Sam and more activity expected in the horizon when we get into October and November, I guess it is time to ask this question (I mean, we have already had 4 majors far, which is quite impressive for this time of year). How many major hurricanes do you think we will end with after this season is over? I am personally thinking 6, although given how this season has been behaving or is expected to behave..who knows?

-4 :lol:
-5 8-)
-6 :eek:
-7 :double:
-8 or more :grrr:
0 likes   
Unless explicitly stated, all information covered in my posts is based on my opinions and observations. Please refer to a professional meteorologist or an accredited weather research agency otherwise, especially if serious decisions must be made in the event of a potentially life-threatening tropical storm or hurricane.

AlphaToOmega
Category 5
Category 5

Re: How Many Major Hurricanes Will the 2021 Atlantic Hurricane Season End With?

#2 Postby AlphaToOmega » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:04 am

I think there will be seven: two more in early/mid October and one more in late November a là 2016 avec des stéroïdes. The timing of this season is quite similar to that of 2016, which featured a major hurricane in early October and another major hurricane in late November.
1 likes   

WiscoWx02
Category 1
Category 1

#3 Postby WiscoWx02 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:22 am

My gut is telling me 5. We'll have one more major and a hurricane or two below major hurricane status.
0 likes   

Woofde
Category 1
Category 1

#4 Postby Woofde » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:54 am

I think it'll be 6 as well. 1-2 in October, and an outside shot at one in November. I don't think this season will come even close to what 2020 did last October and November though. That was just unprecedented.
0 likes   

Stormybajan
Category 1
Category 1

#5 Postby Stormybajan » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:07 am

Im going with 5, this season always has been giving me impactful major in October vibes so im going to stick with one major, but as we saw last year October is certainly capable under the right conditions to spew out multiple majors in quick succession
1 likes   
Sad West Indies and Manchester United fan ⚽️

ElectricStorm
Category 5
Category 5

#6 Postby ElectricStorm » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:58 am

Going with 6, both in Oct. One of them 130kts+
0 likes   
I am in no way a professional. Take what I say with a grain of salt as I could be totally wrong. Please refer to the NHC, NWS, or SPC for official information.

Boomer Sooner!

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”