When will Wanda form?

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K

When will Wanda form?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:48 pm

September 29-30
No votes
October 1-5
33%
October 6-10
52%
After October 10
12%
The season will end with Victor
3%

Total votes: 33

AlphaToOmega
Category 5
Category 5

When will Wanda form?

#1 Postby AlphaToOmega » Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:38 pm

Tropical Storm Victor has formed today. Thus, it is natural to ask when Wanda might form.

September 29-30
October 1-5
October 6-10
After October 10
The season will end with Victor
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

Re: When will Wanda form?

#2 Postby cycloneye » Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:49 pm

Made the poll for the members to vote and it will be open until next Sunday at 6:48 PM EDT.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

Category5Kaiju
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby Category5Kaiju » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:01 pm

Betting on that WCAR system to become Wanda; after that, looks like AlphatoOmega might need to take a short break from initiating the storm name polls as it looks like we already have a "When Will Adria form" thread.... :lol:
0 likes   
Unless explicitly stated, all information covered in my posts is based on my opinions and observations. Please refer to a professional meteorologist or an accredited weather research agency otherwise, especially if serious decisions must be made in the event of a potentially life-threatening tropical storm or hurricane.

hurricanes1234
Category 5
Category 5

#4 Postby hurricanes1234 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:07 pm

When will Wanda form?

I wanda. :lol: :lol:

But nah, all jokes aside, I'm thinking between October 6th and October 10th. Which I believe is when the small suppressed Kelvin wave should be on its way out.
3 likes   
PLEASE NOTE: With the exception of information from weather agencies that I may copy and paste here, my posts will NEVER be official, since I am NOT a meteorologist. They are solely my amateur opinion, and may or may not be accurate. Therefore, please DO NOT use them as official details, particularly when making important decisions. Thank you.

ElectricStorm
Category 5
Category 5

#5 Postby ElectricStorm » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:59 pm

One of these days the "the season will end with *name*" option will be right.

But not this time! Oct 6-10 for me
0 likes   
I am in no way a professional. Take what I say with a grain of salt as I could be totally wrong. Please refer to the NHC, NWS, or SPC for official information.

Boomer Sooner!

WiscoWx02
Category 1
Category 1

#6 Postby WiscoWx02 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:10 pm

Starting to think ole Victor is gonna be the last one. Something just telling me the Caribbean Sea isn't gonna do what we think it's gonna do
0 likes   

Category5Kaiju
Category 5
Category 5

#7 Postby Category5Kaiju » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:28 pm

WiscoWx02 wrote:Starting to think ole Victor is gonna be the last one. Something just telling me the Caribbean Sea isn't gonna do what we think it's gonna do

I mean, development can still happen in the subtropics...

Also, just something to keep in mind, but a season (let alone a -ENSO year) having no NSs in October and November is something I am pretty sure has never happened anytime recently...
2 likes   
Unless explicitly stated, all information covered in my posts is based on my opinions and observations. Please refer to a professional meteorologist or an accredited weather research agency otherwise, especially if serious decisions must be made in the event of a potentially life-threatening tropical storm or hurricane.

Hammy
Category 5
Category 5

#8 Postby Hammy » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:43 pm

Voted after October 10 but I think it'll form around there, give or take a few days in either direction. we're likely in for at least a week of no new storms.

WiscoWx02 wrote:Starting to think ole Victor is gonna be the last one. Something just telling me the Caribbean Sea isn't gonna do what we think it's gonna do

1982 and 83 (which are questionable), 1993, 2002, and 2006 are the only years during the entire satellite era where nothing formed after September. All five of those were during El Nino, and three were also during volcanically-induced decrease in activity.

Longer range models do continue developing storms into November, they just aren't likely to be the big ACE producing majors that people are expecting.
1 likes   
The above post is not official and should not be used as such. It is the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is not endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

WiscoWx02
Category 1
Category 1

#9 Postby WiscoWx02 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:06 am

Category5Kaiju wrote:

I mean, development can still happen in the subtropics...

Also, just something to keep in mind, but a season (let alone a -ENSO year) having no NSs in October and November is something I am pretty sure has never happened anytime recently...

Well that's embarrassing, I totally forgot about the subtropics for a second there. Guess I'm just too hooked on this Caribbean Sea fever :lol:
1 likes   

Teban54
Category 5
Category 5

#10 Postby Teban54 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:21 pm

My rather bullish prediction:

After a brief lull, Wanda forms around October 8-10 or possibly later. Thanks to the CCKW boost, it quickly intensifies into a Cat 3/4 in the Western Caribbean, and either hits or narrowly misses Cuba. May or may not hit somewhere in Florida.

Another TS forms later in the MDR around mid month and people are amused how rare it is. It either gets pulled north near or east of the Bahamas (Gonzalo 2014-like track), or crashes into GA like Elsa/Fred/Grace. May become a weak hurricane somewhere.

The season ends with one more Cat 2/3 hurricane in late October or November. Takes the classic climo track for this time of the year and hit Cuba while moving NE, like Michelle or Paloma, and goes OTS afterwards.

A few weak TS or STS inbetween.
0 likes   

AlphaToOmega
Category 5
Category 5

#11 Postby AlphaToOmega » Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:36 pm

Subtropical Storm Wanda has officially formed (Halloween 00Z GMT).
0 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”