When Will the Next Major Strength Cyclone Form Globally, and What Basin Will it Be In?

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
Category5Kaiju
Category 5
Category 5

When Will the Next Major Strength Cyclone Form Globally, and What Basin Will it Be In?

#1 Postby Category5Kaiju » Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:42 am

In light of this mind-boggling, global major-strength cyclone formation drought since late September and with none occurring in October, I'd figure this would be a good question to ask.
2 likes   
Unless explicitly stated, all information covered in my posts is based on my opinions and observations. Please refer to a professional meteorologist or an accredited weather research agency otherwise, especially if serious decisions must be made in the event of a potentially life-threatening tropical storm or hurricane.

hurricanes1234
Category 5
Category 5

Re: When Will the Next Major Strength Cyclone Form Globally, and What Basin Will it Be In?

#2 Postby hurricanes1234 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:48 am

In 2022. :wink:
1 likes   
PLEASE NOTE: With the exception of information from weather agencies that I may copy and paste here, my posts will NEVER be official, since I am NOT a meteorologist. They are solely my amateur opinion, and may or may not be accurate. Therefore, please DO NOT use them as official details, particularly when making important decisions. Thank you.

Hurricane2021
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Re: When Will the Next Major Strength Cyclone Form Globally, and What Basin Will it Be In?

#3 Postby Hurricane2021 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:02 pm

NIO or/and WPAC
0 likes   

Ubuntwo
Category 5
Category 5

#4 Postby Ubuntwo » Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:58 pm

Either the Indian Ocean or West Pacific in november.
0 likes   
Kendall -> SLO -> PBC

Memorable Storms: Katrina (for its Florida landfall...) Wilma Matthew Irma

FireRat
Category 5
Category 5

#5 Postby FireRat » Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:15 pm

Form around November 15 & Peak around November 25, C5
WPAC
Probably like Nida 2009 or Haiyan 2013, hopefully missing land. Such an eerie quiet all across the board is bound to be broken in a big way, IMO.
1 likes   
Georges '98, Irene '99, Frances '04, Jeanne '04, Katrina '05, Wilma '05, Gustav '08, Isaac '12, Matthew '16, Florence '18, Michael '18, Ian '22

dexterlabio
Category 5
Category 5

#6 Postby dexterlabio » Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:33 pm

While I still expect WPAC to pull a last big one before the year ends, I can't help but think if this year's cold ENSO regime is similar to 2011, the year that almost shut down the WPAC season too early if not for Tropical Storm Washi in Dec 2011. Nonetheless, WPAC had its last major typhoon back then in September.
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”