Poll: How many named storms will form in October?

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K

How many named storms will form in October

Poll ended at Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:01 pm

One
7%
Two
33%
Three
33%
Four
15%
Five
4%
Six or more
No votes
None will form
7%

Total votes: 27

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

Poll: How many named storms will form in October?

#1 Postby cycloneye » Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:01 pm

This poll question is for how many named storms will form on October and will close for voting on September 30th at 9:01 PM EDT.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

Re: Poll: How many named storms will form in October?

#2 Postby cycloneye » Sat Sep 30, 2023 6:42 am

The poll closes tonight at 9:01 PM EDT so those who have not voted yet, hurry.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

REDHurricane
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#3 Postby REDHurricane » Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:46 am

I'm going with 5 -- might be an overshoot but it doesn't appear to me that there's any significant reason that the favorable TC conditions in place will cease to exist over the next few weeks. Probably something along the lines of 2-3 Caribbean/Gulf systems, 2-3 subtropics systems, and/or maybe 1 final MDR system would be my guess, and I also have a feeling we might be in for at least one more Caribbean/Gulf monster, as nothing has disturbed the high upper heat content there since Idalia and the general rules of weather tell us that all of this anomalously concentrated tropical heat/energy/moisture will have to get transported poleward at some point. Models are already indicating the possibility of some weak CAG activity in around 7-10 days, so I could maybe see a big one developing mid/late month once the climatological zone of favorability fully shifts over from the MDR to the Caribbean and Gulf.
1 likes   

Ianswfl
Category 1
Category 1

#4 Postby Ianswfl » Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:27 am

REDHurricane wrote:I'm going with 5 -- might be an overshoot but it doesn't appear to me that there's any significant reason that the favorable TC conditions in place will cease to exist over the next few weeks. Probably something along the lines of 2-3 Caribbean/Gulf systems, 2-3 subtropics systems, and/or maybe 1 final MDR system would be my guess, and I also have a feeling we might be in for at least one more Caribbean/Gulf monster, as nothing has disturbed the high upper heat content there since Idalia and the general rules of weather tell us that all of this anomalously concentrated tropical heat/energy/moisture will have to get transported poleward at some point. Models are already indicating the possibility of some weak CAG activity in around 7-10 days, so I could maybe see a big one developing mid/late month once the climatological zone of favorability fully shifts over from the MDR to the Caribbean and Gulf.

What do you think of the eastern gulf?
0 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”