Dr. Adam Lea-pro-met

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

Dr. Adam Lea-pro-met

#1 Postby vbhoutex » Sat Dec 16, 2023 4:46 pm

Please welcome Dr. Adam Lea as our newest designated professional meteorologist,
He has been a member of STORM2K for a while and has contributed his expertise in postings.
Thank Dr. Lea for being a part of the STORM2K family.
21 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

Re: Dr. Adam Lea-pro-met

#2 Postby cycloneye » Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:29 pm

He is al78 and is who does the TSR forecasts. Is an honor for the Storm2k family to have him as a member.
13 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

blp
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby blp » Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:24 pm

Welcome Dr. Lea and glad to have your expertise on the forum. Unfortunately, I suspect we will need all the help we can get this come year based on some of the early signals.
2 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

SFLcane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#4 Postby SFLcane » Sun Dec 17, 2023 2:13 pm

Welcome Dr. Lea! It was very interesting to see TSR go so high in December. We could be in for epic season next year across the Atlantic. Look forward to your contributions.
3 likes   

1900hurricane
Category 5
Category 5

#5 Postby 1900hurricane » Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:50 pm

Welcome to the pro-met family!
1 likes   
Contract Meteorologist. TAMU & MSST. Fiercely authentic, one of a kind. We are all given free will, so choose a life meant to be lived. We are the Masters of our own Stories.
Opinions expressed are mine alone.

Follow me on Twitter at @1900hurricane : Read blogs at https://1900hurricane.wordpress.com/

al78
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#6 Postby al78 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:05 am

Thanks for the welcome and invitation. I was very flattered to be invited as when I read many of the posts on here I realise how much I don't know and how much there is to learn about tropical cyclones and tropical meteorology in general. The coming year is going to be interesting when it comes to issuing the seasonal forecast. Even now the IRI ENSO forecasts are trending towards cold neutral or weak La Nina conditions through summer, and if that trend continues along with the warm Atlantic SSTs, the TSR forecast in early April will be almost certainly increased to hyperactive, but that is still a few months away.
19 likes   

SFLcane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#7 Postby SFLcane » Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:53 am

al78 wrote:Thanks for the welcome and invitation. I was very flattered to be invited as when I read many of the posts on here I realise how much I don't know and how much there is to learn about tropical cyclones and tropical meteorology in general. The coming year is going to be interesting when it comes to issuing the seasonal forecast. Even now the IRI ENSO forecasts are trending towards cold neutral or weak La Nina conditions through summer, and if that trend continues along with the warm Atlantic SSTs, the TSR forecast in early April will be almost certainly increased to hyperactive, but that is still a few months away.

It's great to have you on S2K! I for one think if next year isn't active it wont be due to ENSO surely. Right now everything is stacking up towards an extemely active Atlantic hurrican season in 2024. Keep us updated!
1 likes   

FireRat
Category 5
Category 5

#8 Postby FireRat » Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:55 pm

Welcome and congratulations Dr. Lea / al78!

Will certainly be an interesting 2024, that's for sure!
0 likes   
Georges '98, Irene '99, Frances '04, Jeanne '04, Katrina '05, Wilma '05, Gustav '08, Isaac '12, Matthew '16, Florence '18, Michael '18, Ian '22

SFLcane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#9 Postby SFLcane » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:28 pm

al78 wrote:Thanks for the welcome and invitation. I was very flattered to be invited as when I read many of the posts on here I realise how much I don't know and how much there is to learn about tropical cyclones and tropical meteorology in general. The coming year is going to be interesting when it comes to issuing the seasonal forecast. Even now the IRI ENSO forecasts are trending towards cold neutral or weak La Nina conditions through summer, and if that trend continues along with the warm Atlantic SSTs, the TSR forecast in early April will be almost certainly increased to hyperactive, but that is still a few months away.

Hi Dr Adam, considering the trends in ENSO and the extremely warm Atl i am guessing you guys in April would surely go hyperactive.
1 likes   

wxman57
Moderator-Pro Met
Moderator-Pro Met

#10 Postby wxman57 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:50 am

Welcome, Dr. Lea. Let's hope for an extremely boring 2024 season. Something like 1914 would be great (minus the FL TS hit).
7 likes   

JetFuel_SE
Category 1
Category 1

#11 Postby JetFuel_SE » Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:34 pm

wxman57 wrote:Welcome, Dr. Lea. Let's hope for an extremely boring 2024 season. Something like 1914 would be great (minus the FL TS hit).

Dream on.
2 likes   

LemieT
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

#12 Postby LemieT » Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:01 pm

Nice to have you here Dr. Lea. I just finished watching you being interviewed by Fox Weather about TSR's early forecast.
2 likes   

weeniepatrol
Category 3
Category 3

#13 Postby weeniepatrol » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:39 pm

wxman57 wrote:Welcome, Dr. Lea. Let's hope for an extremely boring 2024 season. Something like 1914 would be great (minus the FL TS hit).

Issuing a no days off watch for 57 this season
7 likes   

SFLcane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#14 Postby SFLcane » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:14 am

SFLcane wrote:

Hi Dr Adam, considering the trends in ENSO and the extremely warm Atl i am guessing you guys in April would surely go hyperactive.

Hello Dr Adam, TSR is sceduled for season update i believe sometime next week wondering if you guys will call for a Hyperactive season all signs still point that way.
0 likes   

al78
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#15 Postby al78 » Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:22 pm

Yes, the TSR forecast will be published tomorrow and you are correct.
5 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#16 Postby cycloneye » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:02 pm

Wow, they will probably have higher numbers than the december one that had 20/9/4 and be in that H word.
1 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”