TSR Has Updated Their Forecast Numbers

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
Anonymous

TSR Has Updated Their Forecast Numbers

#1 Postby Anonymous » Fri Feb 07, 2003 8:38 pm

After realizing that El Nino has been weakening for 2+ months, they're finally starting to realize that this just won't be a slightly above average season.

http://www.tropicalstormrisk.com
0 likes   

Stormsfury
Category 5
Category 5

#2 Postby Stormsfury » Sun Feb 09, 2003 10:07 am

Thanks, TWW ... you probably know me from over at TWC (introduced to you by Concentric Eyewall) ...

Back in December, I issued a preliminary forecast of 11 tropical storms, 6 hurricanes, and 2 major. After looking at the recent data and trends, my next prognostic issuance sometime later will be higher than the numbers I put up in December.

I've been busy adding more archives to my website and more features and links - I'm also planning to buy more space so I can add archived data for archived Tropical Atlantic Hurricane Data.

Again, very good work you're doing, TWW...keep us informed.
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#3 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Sun Feb 09, 2003 10:20 am

Put me down with the same results I've been thinking all along:

14/8/3...maybe 4?

We'll see who the closest one is!
0 likes   

chadtm80
Category 5
Category 5

#4 Postby chadtm80 » Sun Feb 09, 2003 11:27 am

we at storm2k usually have a contest going for picking the storms :D

We will wait till it gets closer to the season though, or we will all change our minds 50 times. lol it does appear that it will be an active season, however ive never never stated it would be a slow season.. LOL
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#5 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Sun Feb 09, 2003 11:42 am

lol....roger that Chad!
0 likes   

ColdFront77

#6 Postby ColdFront77 » Sun Feb 09, 2003 12:53 pm

14/8/3...maybe 4, sounds reasonable to me. The tropics in general have been average to above average. More and more seasons like we saw in the 1960s and 1970s are becoming more and more possible.
0 likes   

wx247
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#7 Postby wx247 » Sun Feb 16, 2003 11:26 am

I am eagerly anticipating the beginning of Hurricane season as well. There are some indications of an active season. Like chad said, there have been very few years I have claimed that it would be a slow season. We will see...it is just around the corner!

Garrett :multi:
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”