Amazing

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
Anonymous

Amazing

#1 Postby Anonymous » Fri Feb 07, 2003 9:09 pm

We may be beginning to see rapid cooling beginning to take place in ENSO regions 1 & 2. Of course, there have been fluctuations. But since late November/early December, ssts have been gradually cooling each week. Supercane and I have made a page with weekly ssts images beginning in November.

The page may take a while to load, especially if you have dial-up.

http://www.geocities.com/forecastteam/IWIC/SSTA.html

And here is the most recent ssta image...

http://www.fnoc.navy.mil/products/OTIS/ ... nomaly.gif

And The CPC is still calling this a moderate El Nino? That is rediculous in my opinion. I wouldn't even call this an El Nino. Conditions are NEUTRAL. The drought in Australia is showing signs of breaking and ssts across all of the four main ENSO regions have weakened considerably.

Supercane and I are becoming somewhat more concerned. IF ssts were to continue cooling at this rate for months, we could be dealing with a rather signifact La Nina phase during the heart of the season. The only good news is that we should know whether or not this will occur before the season begins.
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#2 Postby cycloneye » Fri Feb 07, 2003 9:22 pm

I called for neutral to weak la nina but If this cooling is for real then it well be a mature la nina but I can say that in april when Dr Gray will put out his forecast he will raise his numbers from 12/7/3.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

Anonymous

#3 Postby Anonymous » Fri Feb 07, 2003 9:28 pm

I called for neutral to weak la nina but If this cooling is for real then it well be a mature la nina but I can say that in april when Dr Gray will put out his forecast he will raise his numbers from 12/7/3.

You never know with Gray anymore. LOL! :wink: :D
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#4 Postby cycloneye » Fri Feb 07, 2003 9:36 pm

Yeah after last year's big bust. :D :D :D :D :D lol.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”