There is warming taking place near the Bahamas and in GOM

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
cycloneye
Admin
Admin

There is warming taking place near the Bahamas and in GOM

#1 Postby cycloneye » Sun Mar 09, 2003 4:27 pm

http://152.80.49.210/products/OTIS/US05 ... nomaly.gif

I haved noticed this for the past 2 weeks and those ssta's are avove +1.0 in those areas.But still we have to see if those are fluctuations or is a real trend of warming in that area.

Also if you see the big area east of the islands between africa and the lesser antilles it is cool now and that is caused by strong azores high but let's see if that continues in the next few weeks as we come close to hurricane season.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#2 Postby vbhoutex » Mon Mar 10, 2003 11:29 am

Very interesting!! I'll be watching closely, especially since it appears that the southern portions of the ITCZ are cooler than normal. That could impact the CV season big time if it is more than a trend!! As the early warming you pointed out Cyc could significantly affect the GOM/Carribean season if it is more than an early anomaly!! :?:
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

Rob-TheStormChaser

#3 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Mon Mar 10, 2003 11:32 am

Africa will be active this year especially with an early warming trend over the waters. While we are freezing up here, down south and into the Atlantic things are heating up....should be a juicy year and I might even bump a number or 2 in the coming weeks as this is being watched.
0 likes   

chadtm80
Category 5
Category 5

#4 Postby chadtm80 » Mon Mar 10, 2003 11:41 am

Thanks for the update
0 likes   

OtherHD
Category 5
Category 5

#5 Postby OtherHD » Mon Mar 10, 2003 1:52 pm

If only that warm area would come south about 10 degrees. :lol:
0 likes   

#6 Postby Guest » Mon Mar 10, 2003 1:55 pm

Why do you want it to come south 10 degrees OtherHD?

Ticka1
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#7 Postby cycloneye » Mon Mar 10, 2003 2:47 pm

Well David if these ssta's continue as right now going into the season then you can expect early developments or an early season system in the western atlantic,western caribbean or the EGOM as those waters are already warming in march but let's see if it is a fluctuation or it is a definite trend.

But we have plenty of time left until june 1 so many things can happen in the atlantic in terms of the anomalies.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

Allexpert Mike
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

Re: There is warming taking place near the Bahamas and in GO

#8 Postby Allexpert Mike » Mon Mar 10, 2003 5:44 pm

I've also noted that for a good chunk of the winter theres been strong mid level ridging in the SE GOM and as we head into a warmer pattern I can see the GOM SST's continue to climb.
0 likes   

Rainband

#9 Postby Rainband » Mon Mar 10, 2003 5:58 pm

Will be interesting to see if this persists..I think west florida is due for a cane..question is will it happen this year or not!!!! Keep us posted guys :wink:

Johnathan
0 likes   

OtherHD
Category 5
Category 5

#10 Postby OtherHD » Tue Mar 11, 2003 12:19 pm

Ticka, I want it to come south 10 degrees so the tropical Atlantic would be warm.
0 likes   

#11 Postby Guest » Tue Mar 11, 2003 1:40 pm

Oh you do - well I'm turning the tables on you and I'm gonna be a Hurricane Nazi - like you were a Snow Nazi to me.

Don't come south 10 degrees warmer water....

Ticka1 :-)
0 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”