Greetings

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
TSTRM
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

Greetings

#1 Postby TSTRM » Sat Mar 15, 2003 5:38 pm

Greetings to all. ticka thanx for the invite and here I am. Good to see some other posters that I know and looking forward to meeting the new ones I do not know. For those who do not know me I have lived in Florida for the past 27 years until this year when I was relocated to Winston Salem NC since the company I work for closed my office. Got to experiance one of the worst winters up here in quite some time. Talk about being thrown to the wolves!!!! 7 inches of snow, 2 inches of sleet and to top that off was the ice storm that deposited 1 inch. Pretty to look at but very damaging to say the least. Strange sounds of trees and branches snapping is not something I would like to hear again!!! As for the tropical season 2003 think we will see a few surprises and I also think it will be a very slow start but biz will pick up as we head into the mid to late part of the season.....
0 likes   

chadtm80
Category 5
Category 5

#2 Postby chadtm80 » Sat Mar 15, 2003 5:40 pm

Welcome to storm2k... Glad your here. Look forward to your posts :D

Here is a thread that was started for you by one of our fellow members
http://storm2k.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=2619
0 likes   

JQ Public
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby JQ Public » Sun Mar 16, 2003 1:15 am

Welcom to NC!! From what chad has said you're a real weather buff ;) I hope you take advantage of off topic etc while you're hear as well!
0 likes   

Rainband

#4 Postby Rainband » Sun Mar 16, 2003 6:22 pm

Welcome and hope you enjoy the site. If you have any questions or comments let us know :wink:

Johnathan
0 likes   

Amanzi
Category 5
Category 5

#5 Postby Amanzi » Sun Mar 16, 2003 7:07 pm

Welcome to Storm2k.. I look forward to your posts, espeically during cane season. :)
0 likes   

mitchell
Category 1
Category 1

Greetings from Delaware

#6 Postby mitchell » Wed Mar 19, 2003 8:53 am

Hello from Delaware. Any predictions for this upcoming tropical season? I've seen Dr. Gray's spiel but curious about "mid latitude"systems like Kyle that give us SWELL.
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#7 Postby cycloneye » Wed Mar 19, 2003 8:59 am

Welcome to storm2k and about the upcomming hurricane season still too early to say for sure what will happen but there are indications that the season will be more active than 2002 but in the comming weeks we will make our forecasts in detailed manner but again looking at only 1 factor el nino it wont be there when the season starts so because of that factor alone the season will be active.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

Steve H.
Category 5
Category 5

Hey TSTRM

#8 Postby Steve H. » Wed Mar 19, 2003 5:21 pm

How's the weather up there?? It's like summer here in Palm Bay FL. About 90 with humidity like August. Good to see you're still about. Cheers!!
0 likes   

TSTRM
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#9 Postby TSTRM » Sun Mar 23, 2003 9:51 pm

Hey Steve H.....doing ok up here. The weather has been comfy up here to say the least. Highs are in the 60's and lows in the 40's. After being thrown up here during the worst winter in 10 years for this section of North Carolina this is a very welcome break, and I have forgot about the rebirth of nature during spring!!!! Just a fantastic time watching the trees begining to sprout leaves. 27 years living in Florida and now I get to experiance once again......SEASONS!!!!! The one thing I have to get use to though is thunderstorms when the air temp is in the 40's!!!! Never had to experiance that in Florida!!!!! See my post in weather folklore to get the true feeling of my winter experiance up here in Winston Salem..... Paul
0 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”