Orlando area under tornado warning

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
Eyes2theSkies
Category 1
Category 1

Orlando area under tornado warning

#1 Postby Eyes2theSkies » Sat Aug 14, 2004 12:58 pm

We just went under tornado warning, that's about the last thing we need right now!!
0 likes   

Orlando_wx
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#2 Postby Orlando_wx » Sat Aug 14, 2004 1:04 pm

you beat me to it i was just going to write about it looks like the skies are getting dark again.

John
0 likes   

Eyes2theSkies
Category 1
Category 1

#3 Postby Eyes2theSkies » Sat Aug 14, 2004 1:25 pm

My husband was leaving work at the FL Mall. He decided to go back in when a tree almost fell on the car. He says that the power companies are using the FL Mall parking lot as a staging area for all the line repair trucks. But there is still no power at the mall. Now he has to deal with a walk-in cooler full of rotting food.
0 likes   

Orlando_wx
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#4 Postby Orlando_wx » Sat Aug 14, 2004 1:35 pm

that's not good at all i got a feeling it going to be a while before a lot of people get there power up and running again.
and now this rain we are getting is certainly not helping out matter either.
Hey Eyes2theskies were was that tornado at today that activated the tornado warning ?

John
0 likes   

Eyes2theSkies
Category 1
Category 1

#5 Postby Eyes2theSkies » Sat Aug 14, 2004 1:40 pm

Right over the area hit worst by Charley, UCF, Union Park area.
My husband did a dumb thing, he figured he would take surface streets to avoid catching up to that storm along the turnpike. Now it's going to take him twice as long to get home because there is still no power in Metrowest area. Cars blowing through the intersections at Kirkman & Conroy. No lights, and no cops, either. He'd be safer doing 30 mph down the TP.
0 likes   

Orlando_wx
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#6 Postby Orlando_wx » Sat Aug 14, 2004 1:47 pm

thanks for the information on the tornado.
Kirkman and Conroy i used to live over that way bad intersection for that agreed about the turnpike not sure if the tolls are still lifted but either way a faster safer route to is the tp.also less traffic lights to worry about to.

John
0 likes   

Eyes2theSkies
Category 1
Category 1

#7 Postby Eyes2theSkies » Sat Aug 14, 2004 1:58 pm

He had to turn around, Metrowest Blvd completely shut down with trees. He said there's a lot of flooding on the roads. Now he's going to try taking Conroy west to Maguire. That worries me, too. That entire road winds between lakes until it dumps onto 50 in Ocoee.
We have Epass so OBT to Ocoee on the TP only costs us 50 cents! His wandering around damaged areas is costing more than that in gas alone. What is he thinking?!?
0 likes   

caribepr
Category 5
Category 5

#8 Postby caribepr » Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:08 pm

What's going on in the Altamonte Springs area, if any of you Orlando people know? Any news from there? My daughter lives there and I can't reach her on the phone. Her yard is FULL of old oaks, etc :(
0 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”