Atlantic Hurricane Names.... The 2010 list is out

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
Anonymous

Atlantic Hurricane Names.... The 2010 list is out

#1 Postby Anonymous » Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:52 pm

They have updated the list, but Charley, Frances, Ivan and Jeanne are still on the 2010 list. Waiting on the retirement....any news when those names will officially be retired?

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/aboutnames.shtml
0 likes   

The Big Dog
Category 5
Category 5

#2 Postby The Big Dog » Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:23 pm

Uh... they were retired. That's weird. I thought they already had replacement names lined up, too. The text below talks about the 2004 list and names that were replaced from 1998, however, so maybe they are in the process of updating.
0 likes   

Anonymous

#3 Postby Anonymous » Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:14 pm

Were they officially retired yet?
0 likes   

James
Category 5
Category 5

#4 Postby James » Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:28 pm

If I recall correctly this happened last year when the 2009 list was retired. Some names that were retired were not initially taken off the list. That came in due course. Hopefully I didn't just imagine that. :wink:
0 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”