Houston's in the CLEAR

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#21 Postby cycloneye » Fri Jul 11, 2003 1:05 pm

Ticka still you are not in the clear until there is a definitive move by Claudette one way or another but it is too early to say all is clear even if the local mets say that.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

southerngale
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#22 Postby southerngale » Fri Jul 11, 2003 1:12 pm

Well, according to the NHC, extreme Southeast Texas and eastward has no possibility of seeing Claudette. Either they are taking a risk or they are absolutely certain.

0 likes   
Please support Storm2k by making a donation today. It is greatly appreciated! Click here: Image

Image my Cowboys Image my RocketsImage my Astros

wx247
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#23 Postby wx247 » Fri Jul 11, 2003 1:15 pm

That is a forecast track. That is the key to remember. How many times have you been expecting a major snow, severe weather event, or a dry weekend 3 to 5 days out only for it to track significantly farther nort or south of you? The same is true with tropical systems. Nothing is certain until it is makes a move.
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#24 Postby cycloneye » Fri Jul 11, 2003 1:16 pm

Kelly they are banking on that left turn that is on that grafic that you posted but many things can happen that can change that projection from NHC.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

wrkh99

#25 Postby wrkh99 » Fri Jul 11, 2003 1:18 pm

I don't buy the left turn
0 likes   

Air Force Met
Military Met
Military Met

#26 Postby Air Force Met » Fri Jul 11, 2003 1:30 pm

I don't buy the intial 2 PM position.
0 likes   

#27 Postby Guest » Fri Jul 11, 2003 2:31 pm

LOL nelson - really?
0 likes   

Air Force Met
Military Met
Military Met

#28 Postby Air Force Met » Fri Jul 11, 2003 2:39 pm

Nope. The center is elongating. If it can elongate to teh NE...then it has a chance to lower teh gradient winds near that mid level circ near 22.7 / 87.5. That is about the only chance she has now...to follow that convection. I think she will. However, that will throw out the turn to the west. The convection is moving north and it would take a lot to stop it and turn it if it is moving north. It is not moving NW at 12...that's for sure.
0 likes   

Colin
Category 5
Category 5

#29 Postby Colin » Fri Jul 11, 2003 3:04 pm

wx247 wrote:That is a forecast track. That is the key to remember. How many times have you been expecting a major snow, severe weather event, or a dry weekend 3 to 5 days out only for it to track significantly farther nort or south of you? The same is true with tropical systems. Nothing is certain until it is makes a move.

Oh...I hate that! When you're expected to get 12-18" snow and then it passes to the south of you with 2-4"... :roll: We have to remember that though. It could hit LA, or FL for all we know. I don't buy the leftward turn either. This is a LA storm, IMO, again.
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#30 Postby vbhoutex » Fri Jul 11, 2003 4:31 pm

Rainband wrote:Just read an interesting post at Gopbi..could be bs..if not expect a shift in models to the right...This storm is gonna give me an ulcer!! :o

Ulcers?? At least yo have hair left!!! I've already pulled all of mine out!!!!Danged Claudette!!!! AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! AND AS THY SAY IT AIN'T OVER TILL THE FAT LADY SINGS!! I just wish she would quit warbling and start singing!!!!!!! :roll: :o :? :o :roll: :roll: :o :?

As much as I'd like to sound an all clear for Houston Ticka I can't yet. To much still up in the air!! The longer she stays weak though the clearer we get, imo.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

Pebbles
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#31 Postby Pebbles » Fri Jul 11, 2003 4:35 pm

vbhoutex wrote:
Rainband wrote:Just read an interesting post at Gopbi..could be bs..if not expect a shift in models to the right...This storm is gonna give me an ulcer!! :o

UIlcers?? At least yo have hair left!!! I've already pulled all of mine out!!!!Danged Claudette!!!! AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! AND AS THY SAY IT AIN'T OVER TILL THE FAT LADY SINGS!! I just wish she would quit warbling and start singing!!!!!!! :roll: :o :? :o :roll: :roll: :o :?

HEY WHO YOU CALLING FAT....I pregnant not fat...*winks cause she's jokin* you keep it up and i'm gonna give you the laundry Jonathan hasn't finished yet!
0 likes   

PTrackerLA
Category 5
Category 5

#32 Postby PTrackerLA » Fri Jul 11, 2003 4:37 pm

I've been real busy at work today so I haven't looked at too much but could there be a new center forming to the north east of yuc?
0 likes   

ColdFront77

#33 Postby ColdFront77 » Fri Jul 11, 2003 6:33 pm

Tropical cyclones are even more unpredictable than major snowstorms and severe weather event.
0 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”