Breaking news:Hurricane watch from mexico to port o connor

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
cycloneye
Admin
Admin

Breaking news:Hurricane watch from mexico to port o connor

#1 Postby cycloneye » Sun Jul 13, 2003 9:46 am

http://www.tormenta.net/frame_page.asp? ... pt34us.htm

This is the 10 AM CDT advisory:60 mph winds 996 mbs 25.4n-92.4w moving WNW at 7 mph.The hurricane watch is from San Fernando Mexico to the Border with the US and from Brownsville to Port O Connor Texas. So she is now getting it's act together afther days of ups and downs.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

wx247
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#2 Postby wx247 » Sun Jul 13, 2003 9:52 am

I saw a report last night on the local news. It seems many will be caught off guard in this area, not because they didn't know the storm was coming there, but because they didn't think it would hit hurricane status. Thanks for the info. Luis. :o Going to be a busy next couple of days in here!
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Portastorm
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#3 Postby Portastorm » Sun Jul 13, 2003 9:57 am

Gauging from what I read in our (Austin, TX) papers this morning, its safe to say that the officials along the TX coast are watching Claudette carefully but that the "regular folk" were indifferent.

Indeed Claudette could catch many by surprise. This strengthening trend and the somewhat erratic movement will make these next 48 hours INTERESTING!

By the way, what a great weather board this is. I've been impressed by the quality of the posts I have seen!

Portastorm in Austin, TX
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#4 Postby cycloneye » Sun Jul 13, 2003 10:05 am

http://www.tormenta.net/frame_page.asp? ... s_nt4.html

Here is the discussion from the 10 AM CDT advisory.Shear is fading a little bit and that is why it may become a hurricane just prior to landfall.The next 48 hours will be very interesting to follow what she will do next.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

Colin
Category 5
Category 5

#5 Postby Colin » Sun Jul 13, 2003 2:23 pm

Here we go...she's intensifying again...I have never seen a storm like this in my life,,
0 likes   

ColdFront77

#6 Postby ColdFront77 » Sun Jul 13, 2003 2:26 pm

Colin, as you know there have been plenty of other tropical cyclones before the 1990's. :)
0 likes   

Colin
Category 5
Category 5

#7 Postby Colin » Sun Jul 13, 2003 2:29 pm

LOL...I know...key words... "in MY life..." :lol:
0 likes   

ColdFront77

#8 Postby ColdFront77 » Sun Jul 13, 2003 2:32 pm

I know your "key words" -- I am commenting on them. :)
0 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”