Sad news:Claudette leaves 2 dead in it's wake

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
cycloneye
Admin
Admin

Sad news:Claudette leaves 2 dead in it's wake

#1 Postby cycloneye » Wed Jul 16, 2003 6:03 am

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WEATHER/07/16/c ... index.html

Sadly Claudette killed two persons a boy and a woman.Now the question is will Claudette name be retired in the 2009 list of names?I think so but it is for thosec who decide that to say if it will be retired or not.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

wx247
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#2 Postby wx247 » Wed Jul 16, 2003 7:58 am

It is always sad when mother nature leaves behind death and destruction. My thoughts and prayers are with them.
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

GulfBreezer
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby GulfBreezer » Wed Jul 16, 2003 8:09 am

That is a truly sad story! I saw it on the news this morning, my thoughts and prayers are with them and their families! The weather seems to have wreaked havoc on human life lately. Just a week or so ago, there was the story of the tree falling on the SUV and killing a mother and 2 children in Atlanta. Very sad indeed................. :cry: :cry:
0 likes   

therock1811
Category 5
Category 5

#4 Postby therock1811 » Wed Jul 16, 2003 8:17 am

Yeah, and on July Fourth here in Cincinnati, there were two deaths from a severe storm after a tree fell in someone's backyard. Very sad indeed.
0 likes   

Rainband

#5 Postby Rainband » Wed Jul 16, 2003 8:43 am

Very sad!!! My thoughts and prayers are with the victims family!!
0 likes   

Colin
Category 5
Category 5

#6 Postby Colin » Wed Jul 16, 2003 9:26 am

Very sad news... :( My thoughts and prayers are with the victim's family.
0 likes   

Toni - 574
Category 1
Category 1

#7 Postby Toni - 574 » Wed Jul 16, 2003 9:31 am

Lot's of thoughts,prayers and hugs to all in this difficult time.
0 likes   

ColdFront77

#8 Postby ColdFront77 » Wed Jul 16, 2003 6:50 pm

I echo the sympathies of the others above me in this thread. If residents and tourists to southeastern Texas didn't do what emergency officials urged them not to do, there may of been more than these two deaths associated with Hurricane Claudette.
0 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”