Apologies

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
GalvestonDuck
Category 5
Category 5
Location: Galveston, oh Galveston (And yeah, it's a barrier island. Wanna make something of it?)

Apologies

#1 Postby GalvestonDuck » Thu Jul 17, 2003 2:32 pm

I just wanted to offer my apology to my buddy Storm2Kers. I got caught up in the general mood of another board because a certain new member's format and style of writing resembled that of a troll from the other board. It could be a case of mistaken identity.

One of the main reasons we love this board is because it is troll-free. But when they sneak in and get to you, sometimes it's hard not to get egged on and say something. That only serves to disrupt the board more when that happens. That was not my intention.

I apologize for that.
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#2 Postby cycloneye » Thu Jul 17, 2003 2:38 pm

Dont worrie because I locked Great Ones threads as he is troll #1 around the net and all the staff know him but somehow he continues to sneak in.But the troll patrol is in full force so dont worrie about trolls getting into storm2k.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

GalvestonDuck
Category 5
Category 5
Location: Galveston, oh Galveston (And yeah, it's a barrier island. Wanna make something of it?)

#3 Postby GalvestonDuck » Thu Jul 17, 2003 2:41 pm

Thanks, Luis!

As always, Storm2K rocks!
0 likes   

Lindaloo
Category 5
Category 5

#4 Postby Lindaloo » Thu Jul 17, 2003 2:43 pm

I was drawn into it too. You did not know who he was and neither did I until we were told. But we had already responded not knowing at the time. It is not a big deal.

Thanks for locking those too Luis.
0 likes   

#5 Postby Guest » Thu Jul 17, 2003 2:49 pm

His posts have been deleted and his user names also - sorry about this folks.

Back to the tropics now!

Patricia
0 likes   

Air Force Met
Military Met
Military Met

#6 Postby Air Force Met » Thu Jul 17, 2003 3:15 pm

I don't understand...what's going on? New here so I don't know the history.
0 likes   

Rainband

#7 Postby Rainband » Thu Jul 17, 2003 3:24 pm

Don't worry.... been there done that..DUCK>> it happens to the best of us!!! :wink:
0 likes   

Portastorm
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#8 Postby Portastorm » Thu Jul 17, 2003 3:31 pm

Maybe someone can send me a private note as I'm also clueless as to what a "troll" is and this whole thread.

One of the nice things about STORM2K I have already noticed is the polite tone nearly everyone has. Would hate to see that ruined by a "troll."

Portastorm
0 likes   

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

#9 Postby mf_dolphin » Thu Jul 17, 2003 3:36 pm

GreatOne is a user that thinks every storm is going to be a CAT5. He has been banned from almost every weatherboard on the net including this one. Several times a month he will get a new e-mail address and open a new account here. We usually get him withing minutes. :-)
0 likes   

JetMaxx

#10 Postby JetMaxx » Thu Jul 17, 2003 4:24 pm

mf_dolphin wrote:GreatOne is a user that thinks every storm is going to be a CAT5. He has been banned from almost every weatherboard on the net including this one. Several times a month he will get a new e-mail address and open a new account here. We usually get him withing minutes. :-)

Yeah, and he even had the nerve to call me "tubby" at GoPBI the other night...imagine that...calling a puny little thing like me tubby :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
0 likes   

Colin
Category 5
Category 5

#11 Postby Colin » Thu Jul 17, 2003 4:33 pm

I'm glad that we get all the little buggers here...trolls are like flies, they get in our house, which is Storm2K, and then the Admins SWAT HIM! LOL...I'm kinda in a weird mood today... :lol:
0 likes   

Lindaloo
Category 5
Category 5

#12 Postby Lindaloo » Thu Jul 17, 2003 4:36 pm

Perry, that is just too funny for words!! You just should have told him "whatevuh" because you have a soul he could not even come close to touching. ;)
0 likes   

JetMaxx

#13 Postby JetMaxx » Thu Jul 17, 2003 5:00 pm

Thanks Lindaloo! :)
I'm not as nice as I seem :D

BULLETIN
WSR324332
NWS PERRY'S LIVING ROOM
5:58 PM 2158z THU JUL 17 2003

Note: This is not official

THE MOSHFC HAS ISSUED A CODE AQUA ALERT FOR GREAT ONE'S TOILET BOWL.....NEEDS A NEW BLUE DISK THINGY ASAP :lol: :lol:

FORECASTER TUBBY :D :D

NOTE: MOSHFC IS MY NEW FORECASTING SERVICE....ACRONYM FOR - "MEDIOCRE ONE SHORT RANGE FLUB-UP CENTER" :D

Just having fun while my riding mower cools...and while I chill...LOL!
0 likes   

Andrew92
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#14 Postby Andrew92 » Thu Jul 17, 2003 5:22 pm

LOL Perry!

Next up perhaps: Code Maize, whatever it might be used for

-Andrew92
0 likes   

Lindaloo
Category 5
Category 5

#15 Postby Lindaloo » Thu Jul 17, 2003 5:32 pm

JetMaxx wrote:Thanks Lindaloo! :)
I'm not as nice as I seem :D

BULLETIN
WSR324332
NWS PERRY'S LIVING ROOM
5:58 PM 2158z THU JUL 17 2003

Note: This is not official

THE MOSHFC HAS ISSUED A CODE AQUA ALERT FOR GREAT ONE'S TOILET BOWL.....NEEDS A NEW BLUE DISK THINGY ASAP :lol: :lol:

FORECASTER TUBBY :D :D

NOTE: MOSHFC IS MY NEW FORECASTING SERVICE....ACRONYM FOR - "MEDIOCRE ONE SHORT RANGE FLUB-UP CENTER" :D

Just having fun while my riding mower cools...and while I chill...LOL!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :1: :drinking:
0 likes   

Rainband

#16 Postby Rainband » Thu Jul 17, 2003 5:51 pm

Portastorm wrote:Maybe someone can send me a private note as I'm also clueless as to what a "troll" is and this whole thread.

One of the nice things about STORM2K I have already noticed is the polite tone nearly everyone has. Would hate to see that ruined by a "troll."

Portastorm
A troll is someone who wants to disrupt a MB anyway they can..I appreciate your comment about the polite nature here..The Staff at S2K and the members are what makes this such a nice place to be. Trolls just try to start problems and we are a Troll free board!!! Hope this helped!!! Have a great day!! :wink: Welcome to the FAMILY PortaStorm :D :D feel free to Let us know if you need anything!!!
0 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”