Please Let Us Know

This is the general tropical discussion area. Anyone can take their shot at predicting a storms path.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Forum rules

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K. For official information, please refer to products from the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service.

Help Support Storm2K
Cryomaniac
Category 5
Category 5

Re:

#161 Postby Cryomaniac » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:31 am

Agua wrote:I think it was mentioned, or linked, by a poster (or posters) on TWC tropical forum.

I take from your Avatar that you are a Dolphins fan? Glad to see I'm not the only one here :lol:
0 likes   

jabman98
Category 1
Category 1

Re: Please Let Us Know

#162 Postby jabman98 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:15 am

The old GoPBI board. I used to use the chatroom all the time. Then they started the board and I didn't use that as much. Came here when this got going, although I was a little tardy in registering.
0 likes   

kpost
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#163 Postby kpost » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:54 pm

Google ...about a month ago
0 likes   

EDR1222
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#164 Postby EDR1222 » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:03 pm

It was back in 2003 and I was doing a random web search trying to find information on the relationships between U.S east coast troughs, The Bermuda High and Atlantic Hurricanes.
0 likes   

gotoman38
Category 5
Category 5

Re:

#165 Postby gotoman38 » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:13 pm

kpost wrote:Google ...about a month ago

Welcome kpost!
Sorry about that rough welcome you got this morning. We get our share of trolls around here and you managed to show up just after a pretty hot showdown.

You'll find that the allowed disagreements around here are always about the forecast - and those can get pretty heated! But even then, respect is usually granted quickly.

Anyway, thanks for checking us out - I've been around here and enjoying it for many seasons, and hopefully you will join us for many to come.

:D
0 likes   

kpost
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Re: Re:

#166 Postby kpost » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:35 pm

gotoman38 wrote:
kpost wrote:Google ...about a month ago

Welcome kpost!
Sorry about that rough welcome you got this morning. We get our share of trolls around here and you managed to show up just after a pretty hot showdown.

You'll find that the allowed disagreements around here are always about the forecast - and those can get pretty heated! But even then, respect is usually granted quickly.

Anyway, thanks for checking us out - I've been around here and enjoying it for many seasons, and hopefully you will join us for many to come.

:D

Thank you...
I am happy to find a place to learn. and of course the storms are cool :lol: if at a great distance or on screen
0 likes   

marciacubed
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#167 Postby marciacubed » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:31 pm

the gopbi board someone posted the website it was the one before this one because I remember having to change my bookmark. It is now on my bookmarks bar!
0 likes   

TreasureIslandFLGal
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter
Location: Clearwater, Florida ~3 miles from the coast now. We finally moved safely off the barrier island!

#168 Postby TreasureIslandFLGal » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:37 pm

From the old Palm Beach site, when many of us "fled" due to their complete revamping of the site, which made it a pain in the butt to use. :wink:
0 likes   

TreasureIslandFLGal
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter
Location: Clearwater, Florida ~3 miles from the coast now. We finally moved safely off the barrier island!

#169 Postby TreasureIslandFLGal » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:39 pm

My name was MsBhaven over there and at Lowes and I've been chitchatting weather stuff with many of these folks now since 1995.
0 likes   

msbee
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#170 Postby msbee » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:12 pm

Let's see. I have been a member here since 2003 and that was 5 years ago.
I can't remember what happened yesterday, let alone 5 years ago.
Unfortunately I suffer from CRS. Sorry!

I think it was from the old GoPBI board though. I have to say that I have been a very happy camper since I found this board.
The information found here is invaluable.

0 likes   

abjolly
Tropical Wave
Tropical Wave

#171 Postby abjolly » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:14 pm

the result of a google search for model runs a few summers ago
0 likes   

MississippiHurricane
ChatStaff
ChatStaff

#172 Postby MississippiHurricane » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:18 pm

I found you all from one of my mom's friends someone named deltadog (I think) on a Mississippi State University (sports) message board. I never had been on a weather message board........so I checked it out...........and here I am and I LOVE it here!!! :)
0 likes   

baygirl_1
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#173 Postby baygirl_1 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:50 am

I came here from the GoPBI boards years ago. I don't even remember what my name was over there... may have been baygirl then, too. Anyway, I enjoy reading the board and have learned (& continue to learn) a lot from it. I don't post much, as I don't have much time (those darn kiddoes!), but I very much appreciate having this place to indulge my weather hobby whenever I have a moment. Thanks, y'all!
0 likes   

Zip
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#174 Postby Zip » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:42 pm

I'm glad you asked...I found the Lowes Palm Beach Board and Hurricane city around the same time. I remember watching hurricane Alberto looping around the Atlantic for, what was it, 33 days??! I think that would have had to have been in 1999.

I also remember posting my "discovery! :double: that the GFS was progging a deep low in about a zillion hours...and getting smartly straightened out by Derecho...and I've been learning ever since.

I did not log on even once in 2006 or 2007...geeze, I needed a break! And my "gut" had been telling me we'd get a break untill '08 (regarding the SE CONUS).

So, I missed all you guys, but it is a really bad sign, that I'm back. So I can be pre-blamed by all (a technique that can save many a relationship, btw) for any future wobble wars...

Has w**h c**ting been banned?

zip :ggreen: :ggreen:
South Miami-Dade County
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

Re:

#175 Postby vbhoutex » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:51 pm

Zip wrote:I'm glad you asked...I found the Lowes Palm Beach Board and Hurricane city around the same time. I remember watching hurricane Alberto looping around the Atlantic for, what was it, 33 days??! I think that would have had to have been in 1999.

I also remember posting my "discovery! :double: that the GFS was progging a deep low in about a zillion hours...and getting smartly straightened out by Derecho...and I've been learning ever since.

I did not log on even once in 2006 or 2007...geeze, I needed a break! And my "gut" had been telling me we'd get a break untill '08 (regarding the SE CONUS).

So, I missed all you guys, but it is a really bad sign, that I'm back. So I can be pre-blamed by all (a technique that can save many a relationship, btw) for any future wobble wars...

Has w**h c**ting been banned?

zip :ggreen: :ggreen:
South Miami-Dade County

What was your nick previously?
0 likes   

Zip
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#176 Postby Zip » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:12 am

My name has always been some version of "Ziplock", as in the only things I had left after Andrew in '92 were things I had bagged before the storm.

I lurk far more than I post.

Zip
0 likes   

Sjones
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#177 Postby Sjones » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:45 am

Google...3 years ago
0 likes   

beaufort12
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#178 Postby beaufort12 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:56 pm

Like many I too came from the old GoPBI site. Between the site changes and the trolls S2K was most welcome at the time, and continues to be my main source of information for tropical weather. Thanks to all involved!
0 likes   

bob rulz
Category 5
Category 5

#179 Postby bob rulz » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:23 am

I think I discovered storm2k on Wikipedia. Way back during the 2004 and 2005 seasons the season pages would be hotbeds of discussion and I believe it was either CrazyC83 or Chacor who started posting links to this website. The discussions were killed for the 2006 season. I believe I signed up so I could participate in winter weather discussions as I would just lurk the tropical forums since I didn't have anything to contribute.

Cyclone1 wrote:
Squarethecircle wrote:Cyclone1, who is on Wikipedia, the Hurricane Wikia, and here, told me about it. I think I saw it before, but didn't get interested until then.

And I heard about it from other members at the Wikiproject Tropical Cyclones.

Now that I think about it, it could've been you, too.

Damn I miss those Wikipedia discussions.
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#180 Postby vbhoutex » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:02 pm

Zip wrote:My name has always been some version of "Ziplock", as in the only things I had left after Andrew in '92 were things I had bagged before the storm.

I lurk far more than I post.

Zip

Oh yes I do remember you!!
0 likes   

Return to “Talkin' Tropics”