New Kenneth City Ordinance

Discuss the recovery and aftermath of landfalling hurricanes. Please be sensitive to those that have been directly impacted. Political threads will be deleted without notice. This is the place to come together not divide.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

JonathanBelles
Professional-Met
Professional-Met
Location: School: Florida State University (Tallahassee, FL) Home: St. Petersburg, Florida

New Kenneth City Ordinance

#1 Postby JonathanBelles » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:50 am

In the SPTimes today, Kenneth City (suburb of St. Petersburg, city that I live in) is proposing a few new things for the upkeep of the city. Kenneth City in known for ridiculous ordinances. This new one caught my attention: "Any Broken doors, windows or other openings must be repaired within 30 days from the time boards are placed over the opening. Boards, if placed over any opening for more than 30 days, must be painted with at least one coat of exterior paint that matches the buildings"

Now we have to make the boards pretty!! :lol: :lol: If we dont have the money to replace the window (if its broke), why would we want to put our pockets more in the hole to buy paint????

Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but as it did with boarding up, I thought id put it here.

Anyone else have to paint their boards?
0 likes   

O Town
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#2 Postby O Town » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:12 pm

Ha ha, now thats pretty darn funny.
:lol:
Never heard of such. I guess some cities have stricter policies than others as far as cosmetic appearance goes. I guess if you guys got hit hard enough they would hopefully lift that, because there would be more important things to worry about.

I do understand where they are coming from tho. Here, yep all the way in Orlando, people were boarding up for Frances and Jeane after seeing what Charley did and there were alot of people with boards up 6 mths. later, and I saw a few people with tape(I hate to see tape) over a year later. So I guess if your not one of the lazy ones you have nothing to worry about. LOL.
0 likes   

Sihara
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Re: New Kenneth City Ordinance

#3 Postby Sihara » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:04 pm

I just saw this while looking for the Ike thread. Yes, as fact says, Kenneth City is well-known for its nonsense. The thing about the boards is totally stupid, and it's quite sad to see another useless waste of tax dollars. Checking to see if people painted their boards or took them down! Honestly, why care about this?

Another pointless and intrusive ordinance they cooked up was: let's ban bird-feeding! OMG I hope that didn't pass :grr: Sure am glad I don't live there!
0 likes   

JonathanBelles
Professional-Met
Professional-Met
Location: School: Florida State University (Tallahassee, FL) Home: St. Petersburg, Florida

#4 Postby JonathanBelles » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:32 pm

Sihara wrote:I just saw this while looking for the Ike thread. Yes, as fact says, Kenneth City is well-known for its nonsense. The thing about the boards is totally stupid, and it's quite sad to see another useless waste of tax dollars. Checking to see if people painted their boards or took them down! Honestly, why care about this?

Another pointless and intrusive ordinance they cooked up was: let's ban bird-feeding! OMG I hope that didn't pass :grr: Sure am glad I don't live there!

You're talking about the Kenneth City Muscove Ducks. Those yellow signs are still in yards. the next door neighbors used to feed the darn things....then they had eggs in our bushes. Very annoying when you go out to get your paper and you cant get back to your house because theres a scwacking and hissing duck in your way. I sprayed a couple with the house because they were taking craps on my porch, and they dont take tabbles, they take pound cakes! Im not against feeding them, but feed them in their habitat, the lakes and ponds, not on doorsteps.
0 likes   

JonathanBelles
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#5 Postby JonathanBelles » Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:57 pm

Tonight is the night that they are going to debate the ordinance at City Hall. There are at least two news trucks down there reporting. Little old Kenneth City is attracting lots of attention tonight.
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#6 Postby vbhoutex » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:19 pm

I have heard of this ordinance being used else where, but I am too lazy to look it up. I understand both sides of this. Having lived on the Gulf Coast most of my life I have seen way too many ugly boards left up way too long and tape still on windows over a year after the last storm.
0 likes   

Tampa Bay Hurricane
Category 5
Category 5

#7 Postby Tampa Bay Hurricane » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:00 pm

These idiot legislatures have nothing better to do. Most those
homes with broken doors and windows are probably foreclosed
anyways. There's so much unemployment. There is no limit to human stupidity.
Are these people blind to the current economic situation?

Sorry but these legislators in Kenneth City need to get off there
rear ends and address unemployment and homelessness and the economy
instead of pulling stupid laws out their childish brains. :x
I've seen so many other major issues impacting the area.
0 likes   

JonathanBelles
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

Re:

#8 Postby JonathanBelles » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:38 pm

Tampa Bay Hurricane wrote:These idiot legislatures have nothing better to do. Most those
homes with broken doors and windows are probably foreclosed
anyways. There's so much unemployment. There is no limit to human stupidity.
Are these people blind to the current economic situation?

Sorry but these legislators in Kenneth City need to get off there
rear ends and address unemployment and homelessness and the economy
instead of pulling stupid laws out their childish brains. :x
I've seen so many other major issues impacting the area.

Unfortunatly KC legislators cant address unemployment, because there really isnt a whole lot of places to be employed at, or room to create business. Just about everyone I know at my age and older work in St. Pete, Largo, or Seminole. Other than that, they could stop being a**hats and get to work. lol

That meeting a week or so ago failed BTW. They are taking some things out, but they plan to meet again.
0 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Recovery and Aftermath”