Drive for Louisiana survivors of Gustav/Ike

Discuss the recovery and aftermath of landfalling hurricanes. Please be sensitive to those that have been directly impacted. Political threads will be deleted without notice. This is the place to come together not divide.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

sunny
Category 5
Category 5

Drive for Louisiana survivors of Gustav/Ike

#1 Postby sunny » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:31 am

I just recieved this email and thought I'd post it for others who may wish to help out our fellow Louisianians affected by Gustav and Ike.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The City of Gretna and Jefferson Parish are conducting a clothing drive for residents of Jean Lafitte, Barataria, and Crown Point. The public is asked to donate to this worthy cause.

Donations will be accepted beginning Wednesday, September 17, 2008 at 9 a.m. and through Saturday, September 20, 2008 at 5 p.m. Donations can be brought to the American Legion Hall, Post 64 (located at Mel Ott Park), 2301 Belle Chasse Highway in Gretna.

Please note:

· Children’s tennis shoes would be greatly appreciated.

· It is requested that clothing be placed on hangers (or provide hangers).

For more information, please call (504) 400-3909.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT

###
0 likes   

Jagno
Category 3
Category 3

Re: Drive for Louisiana survivors of Gustav/Ike

#2 Postby Jagno » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:25 pm

Sunny; Good luck with this noble effort. I'd love to help but our focus on this end of the state is helping our Cameron, Creole, Hackberry and Grand Lake residents with food, clothing and necessiities as well. God Bless you! I hope it turned out very successful.
0 likes   

sunny
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Drive for Louisiana survivors of Gustav/Ike

#3 Postby sunny » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:02 pm

Jagno (any anyone else), please feel free to use this thread to post about local drives. Aside from the normal Red Cross, this could be useful to help those in our area(s) that need it - and sadly there are many.

We are also doing a drive at work to help our people in the Terrebonne/Lafourche areas as well as our co-workers in Houston.
0 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Recovery and Aftermath”