Catfish, my Katrina refugee cat.....

Discuss the recovery and aftermath of landfalling hurricanes. Please be sensitive to those that have been directly impacted. Political threads will be deleted without notice. This is the place to come together not divide.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Dionne
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter
Location: SW Mississippi....Alaska transplant via a Southern Belle.

Catfish, my Katrina refugee cat.....

#1 Postby Dionne » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:18 pm

Catfish passed last night. He arrived at our home right after Katrina. We considered him a displaced hurricane victim. He liked us and we liked him. He was a cool cat. I named him Catfish on account of his long whiskers. He died in his sleep. Age unknown. He was old. He enjoyed his last years in comfort.
0 likes   

MGC
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: Catfish, my Katrina refugee cat.....

#2 Postby MGC » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:39 pm

RIP Catfish....our cat ran away after Katrina. Guess she could not deal with all the death and destruction.....MGC
0 likes   

CajunMama
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#3 Postby CajunMama » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:44 pm

We have a Katrina cat too. Well, Morris divides his time between my house and another house. He sleeps at the other house and eats at my house. He's quite the happy cat.

His owner was my neighbors daughter who lived in NO. They left their 2 cats when they evacuated to Oshners hospital (husband is an md). He finally showed up after awhile and she brought him to her dad and asked if he would take care of him. Of course he said yes and then proceeded to let me and another neighbor take care of him.
0 likes   

Stephanie
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#4 Postby Stephanie » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:47 pm

He knew exactly which house to go to. May he rest in peace and I'm sorry for your loss of Catfish.
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#5 Postby vbhoutex » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:39 am

Stephanie wrote:He knew exactly which house to go to. May he rest in peace and I'm sorry for your loss of Catfish.

Cats and most animals know these things. Sorry for your loss.
0 likes   

Stephanie
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re:

#6 Postby Stephanie » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:52 pm

CajunMama wrote:We have a Katrina cat too. Well, Morris divides his time between my house and another house. He sleeps at the other house and eats at my house. He's quite the happy cat.

His owner was my neighbors daughter who lived in NO. They left their 2 cats when they evacuated to Oshners hospital (husband is an md). He finally showed up after awhile and she brought him to her dad and asked if he would take care of him. Of course he said yes and then proceeded to let me and another neighbor take care of him.

Her Dad and Morris knew which two houses to go to. :wink:
0 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Recovery and Aftermath”