***BEWARE*** This will choke you up

Discuss the recovery and aftermath of landfalling hurricanes. Please be sensitive to those that have been directly impacted. Political threads will be deleted without notice. This is the place to come together not divide.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Jevo
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#61 Postby Jevo » Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:24 pm

PerfectStorm wrote:This link no longer works due to bandwidth exceeded.

Well damn.... over 32,000 downloads...... I will try to get this up to another server for Kevin stay tuned for server info
0 likes   

MBismyPlayground
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#62 Postby MBismyPlayground » Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:35 pm

If anyone wants it, I have it downloaded and can e mail it to you. Just PM me and will send.
0 likes   

wxcrazytwo

#63 Postby wxcrazytwo » Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:58 pm

ANY UPDATE ON THE SERVER ISSUE?
0 likes   

MBismyPlayground
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#64 Postby MBismyPlayground » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:21 pm

I am sending the file via E mail. Only problem is, it is over 10 MB and most e mails dont take over this.
If you want it, the only free service I know that allows over 10 is the AIM mail service. free service.
0 likes   

StrongWind
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Re: ***BEWARE*** This will choke you up

#65 Postby StrongWind » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:09 am

Was this ever rehosted anywhere?
0 likes   

MSRobi911
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#66 Postby MSRobi911 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:06 pm

I thought this was strange, this long after Katrina and then I looked at the date.....to my suprise it was just a couple of days after Katrina, when we had no power, no water, very little food, no cars and no gas........no wonder I missed it.

I would have liked to see it, but I don't see where the link was ever set-up again. The entire MS Gulf Coast was affected as well as parts of South Alabama, wish this area could have been included too. All we heard on the few radios that still had batteries (most spares went under water) was about NO and we all thought, hello.....the MS Gulf Coast is totally destroyed............oh well.......just my comments.

Mary

Sorry, this is the reason I didn't come on line for a long long time after Katrina....everything was NO!
0 likes   

Ixolib
Category 5
Category 5

#67 Postby Ixolib » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:49 pm

MSRobi911 wrote:I thought this was strange, this long after Katrina and then I looked at the date.....to my suprise it was just a couple of days after Katrina, when we had no power, no water, very little food, no cars and no gas........no wonder I missed it.

I would have liked to see it, but I don't see where the link was ever set-up again. The entire MS Gulf Coast was affected as well as parts of South Alabama, wish this area could have been included too. All we heard on the few radios that still had batteries (most spares went under water) was about NO and we all thought, hello.....the MS Gulf Coast is totally destroyed............oh well.......just my comments.

Mary

Sorry, this is the reason I didn't come on line for a long long time after Katrina....everything was NO!

I hear 'ya Mary on the no power, no water, no food, no cars, no gas!!!! As for me, there is no doubt that viewing and/or participating on this board AFTER KATRINA is surely a different feeling than it was BEFORE KATRINA. isn't it amazing that it's already been two years!! My entire existence has changed in so many ways that I can't even begin to put my life's events over the last two years into any reasonable perspective... The best I can do is compare life BEFORE August 29 and life AFTER that date. The comparison isn't pretty.............
0 likes   

MSRobi911
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#68 Postby MSRobi911 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:03 am

OH Ixolib I thank you and know how you feel...the before and after are so different and you can't explain it to someone who didn't go through it, its just not possible. But, I know at least I am in "good company" because hardly anyone was "excluded" in this event that lived down here. I miss my "home" so much, I have a nice house now, its just not "home" as I have nothing of what I had before. I know, things are things, but then some Things are Things....and owning a house and living there does not make it a home....we try...but it will never be the same. A lady that lives down the street about 1/2 mile rebuilt her home up on stilts and whamo do she get hit with the wind pool premiums this year to the tune of $7,000.00....there is no way we could afford that and since Robi and I are in our early fifties we don't plan on working for ever so how can you pay that kind of money plus all your other "insurance, property taxes, etc" on a fixed income. Even though that is a good 15 or so years away, you gotta look at things like that. So we are still just waiting to see what happens and hanging on to the property. But Pascagoula's Beach Blvd will never be the same, the same as Biloxi/Gulfport/Pass Christian/Long Beach and on down the coast will never be the same. And it is hard to believe that it has been almost two years ago...there is still so much to do here and so little that we can do with still fighting insurance companies and looking at windpool prices....its a shame!

Mary
0 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Recovery and Aftermath”