Frank P house pix

Discuss the recovery and aftermath of landfalling hurricanes. Please be sensitive to those that have been directly impacted. Political threads will be deleted without notice. This is the place to come together not divide.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Frank P
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#141 Postby Frank P » Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:19 pm

thanks Kristi... we're getting close for sure... hopefully granite and electrical (hang all the light fixtures) will be completed this week... flooring in two weeks... the only thing left is finish painting, install some bathroom vanities and hang the doors, which we need to special order, so that will be at least three weeks out at the earliest...
0 likes   

simplykristi
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#142 Postby simplykristi » Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:38 pm

Hi Frank.
It's getting closer. :) You know that you will have to share pics from move-in day. :)

Kristi
0 likes   

MSRobi911
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#143 Postby MSRobi911 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:49 am

Linda,

I can't place that house on St. Mary, where compared to Dr. Pittman and Dr. what's there name (it used to be Dr. Wiggins house in the middle of the circle) is that house? On the right of the circle? I get too depressed when I drive down that way so haven't been in a while. I haven't been to my "house slab" since the first week in December, just drives me crazy. Now there is no one living on that block, Nolan moved out and all the debris people have left.....lonely!

Mary
0 likes   

wxman57
Moderator-Pro Met
Moderator-Pro Met

#144 Postby wxman57 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:57 am

Lindaloo wrote:
wxman57 wrote:
Lindaloo wrote:wxman, is that Carla Avery's house?

St. Mary and Enger took a hard blow from Katrina. Glad to see some rebuilding on that street.

It's Carla & Cleve Bond. Carla's maiden name is Goodgame.

Oh my!! I went to elementary school with Carla. She is such a sweetheart.

If you take a drive down St. Mary (2 streets east of Martin of Ingall's) their house is the last one standing on the right. The very last lot on the right before the circle is justs a slab with an in-ground pool in the back yard. The 8 of them are living in the 2 FEMA trailers in the side yard.

I know Carla through Sue Ross. Sue lives with my mother in Gautier. Carla is Sue's sister's kid (Teenie). Carla's sister, Sheryl, lost her home, too, but had no insurance. They moved up to Vancleave.
0 likes   

Frank P
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#145 Postby Frank P » Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:59 am

spme updated pixs

kitchen with countertops and lights installed

hall

front porch with fans installed

0 likes   

Lindaloo
Category 5
Category 5

#146 Postby Lindaloo » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:02 pm

Looking good, I mean REALLY good! I love the cabinets and the way you have the lights in the hallway. You both have excellent taste, I might add. :cheesy:
0 likes   

simplykristi
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#147 Postby simplykristi » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:43 pm

That looks so cool! :) I love the kitchen. I am getting so excited for you and your wife, Frank! :)

Kristi
0 likes   

Frank P
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#148 Postby Frank P » Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:29 pm

thanks Linda and Kristi, flooring to be installed in a week, that should make it look like a real house for sure... hope to be through with all the painting this weekend... great room painting pretty much completed, first coats done on one side of the house, plan on doing the other first coat tonight..

Friday I'll get all the exterior lights hung and I plan on posting a night time pix with the lights on....
0 likes   

Lindaloo
Category 5
Category 5

#149 Postby Lindaloo » Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:58 am

Frank, is that granite or marble countertops. I am going to replace my countertops and did not know which one is better AND cheaper.
0 likes   

Frank P
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#150 Postby Frank P » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:17 pm

Linda its granite... I have cultured marble in my bathrooms... I don't know what real marble costs, cultured marble however is much cheaper than granite, but I don't think you would want it as a kitchen counter top... used more for bathroom tops and showers stalls...

we looked at a lot of different surfaces, granite is about in the middle as far as costs go, but if you're not careful you can run up quite a bill on countertops... even with granite...
0 likes   

Lindaloo
Category 5
Category 5

#151 Postby Lindaloo » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:11 am

Thanks Frank, I will definitely keep that in mind. :D
0 likes   

O Town
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#152 Postby O Town » Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:19 am

Wow Frank. Haven't looked in on you in a while, amazing what you guys have finished! Looks marvelous, that view from the front room gives me chills. Its just to die for. Keep up the great work. The end is nearing now. Must feel great to be home again. 8-)
0 likes   

Frank P
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#153 Postby Frank P » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:00 am

O Town wrote:Wow Frank. Haven't looked in on you in a while, amazing what you guys have finished! Looks marvelous, that view from the front room gives me chills. Its just to die for. Keep up the great work. The end is nearing now. Must feel great to be home again. 8-)

thanks O'Town... the oak flooring will be completed today... it looks so good that I don't even want to walk on it... hopefully I can post a pix this weekend... baseboard go up this weekend starting Friday I hope... appliances also start arriving on Friday... now we need furniture... and plenty of it...

I still have some outside stuff to complete, porch decking and columns to paint, railings.... some other odds and ends... but we're at about 90% complete with the inside of the house....

its weird, my new house feels sorta like sacred ground and I'm almost afraid to move back in... driving down the beach in Biloxi there are still not much new progress ot report in the way of new homes... two blocks to the east of me they are rebuilding on exactly the same slab what looks to be the same "Surf Style" souvenir shop... I had a lot of their merchandise, bikini tops and such still with price tags up in my Oak trees after the storm... the Waffle House has opened on the beach in Gulfport...
Last edited by Frank P on Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   

southerngale
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#154 Postby southerngale » Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:11 pm

It's looking great, Frank! :)
0 likes   

Frank P
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#155 Postby Frank P » Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:54 pm

thanks southerngale... just got the word this afternoon the interior doors will be delivered on Friday... so I expect all the doors and baseboards to be completed by the end of the week, which pretty much finishes the inside... almost hard to believe... :eek:

I think perhaps I'll just keep on living in my FEMA trailer and just pay homage to the new house... never to live in it for fear of losing it again

YEAH RIGHT....
0 likes   

cag1953
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#156 Postby cag1953 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:27 pm

Hi! It's looking good. I know what you mean about the floor. My husband has been laying a parquat floor in our bedroom for the last month [hey,Bob Vila he's not!]. It looks so nice I don't want to move the furniture back in! I'm hoping we can make a trip over there soon so we can see the finished product. Still drooling over the view out your front window[HA-HA] Take care.
0 likes   

Frank P
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#157 Postby Frank P » Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:32 pm

cag1953 wrote:Hi! It's looking good. I know what you mean about the floor. My husband has been laying a parquat floor in our bedroom for the last month [hey,Bob Vila he's not!]. It looks so nice I don't want to move the furniture back in! I'm hoping we can make a trip over there soon so we can see the finished product. Still drooling over the view out your front window[HA-HA] Take care.

Drop by anytime cag1953... funny thing, I give tours all the time to people who are considering rebuilding and looking for ways to do it....

I installed some parquat floors in my old house... right after the storm I was looking at my slab and the floor were still in pristine condition, you would have never known that they were under water at all, same is true for all my tile... after a month or so exposed to the weather they didn't look so good...
0 likes   

Javlin
Category 5
Category 5

#158 Postby Javlin » Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:24 pm

Frank My Son and I came by a couple of weekends ago but you were out.The hound dogs gave us a good welcome that was about it.The house looked good from what I could see and what about them SAINTS!WHO DAT!I'll have to catch up with ya later but not this Sunday.Kevin
0 likes   

simplykristi
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#159 Postby simplykristi » Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:27 am

Hi Frank,
Is the inside done yet? How much work needs to be completed before the entire house is done?

I am anxious to see the house finished with all the furniture in place. :)

I am just sooo excited for you, your wife, and family!

Kristi
0 likes   

Frank P
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#160 Postby Frank P » Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:07 pm

Kevin (jav) its the night before the NFC championship game... the legions in WHO DAT Nation must be going crazy... Its hard for me to comprehend the Saints still playing this time of year... I have no idea about tomorrow, I'll just watch and hope.... glad to see my hounds working the security detail... normally they're passed out sleeping all day

Kristi, we are hanging doors now, things have slowed down a bit since most of the work is now being done by me and my nephew... all the doors are hung except the hall entrance, which we have yet to order... we went to Mobile today looking for furniture.. got some ideas but didn't buy anything yet... still need a couple of vanities to finish the bathrooms... probably by the end of February or no later than the middle of March the house on the inside will be totally completed and completely furnished... 5-6 more weeks not to long to wait... I hope...

outside needs both front and rear porches to be decked, and the round posts painted... that will complete the top story... not exactly sure what we are going to do to the first level... I thinK I'll take a month off to regroup before I start that process...
0 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Recovery and Aftermath”