Frank P house pix

Discuss the recovery and aftermath of landfalling hurricanes. Please be sensitive to those that have been directly impacted. Political threads will be deleted without notice. This is the place to come together not divide.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

CajunMama
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#161 Postby CajunMama » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:47 pm

Oh! I see FrankP is online. Maybe some new pics?????? :D
0 likes   

simplykristi
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#162 Postby simplykristi » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:37 pm

I think it is time for Frank to updaste us on the progress. :)

Kristi
0 likes   

Frank P
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#163 Postby Frank P » Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:16 pm

Hello all, hope to move the wife in this weekend ( I can't move in until I build the dogs a place to live) so we'll stay in the trailer for another month or so...... need to get some furniture... buying furniture harder than building house... what a strange world we live in..

still have some minor stuff on the inside.. door painting and installing our master bath double sink... a few other minor things but nothing major... and some clean up too..

Hope to take some pixs this weekend.. the inside really turned out wonderful... painting scheme is grand, Oak floors are beautiful... the dense foam insulation on the walls, flooring and ceiling really make the house quite..
0 likes   

Lindaloo
Category 5
Category 5

#164 Postby Lindaloo » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:19 pm

What do you mean by dense foam? What consistency is it?
0 likes   

Frank P
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#165 Postby Frank P » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:33 pm

its closed cell 2% dense foam.... stuff is really hard... makes your house stronger too.. sorta glues all the walls, floors ceiling and rafters together...

put it where your rafters and plywood meet on your roof decking and you get a discount on your insurance in Florida... not in MS unfortunately...

here is a link to the stuff I used its call corbond... I could NEVER go back to fiberglass after having this stuff in my walls... its awesome...

I have about 3.5 -5 inches in the exterior walls and above my sheet rock in the ceilings, about 3-4 inches under the flooring between the floor joyces, and on the roofing deck as I mentioned earlier...

Info off the web page...

"" This high performance insulation and climate isolator also enables you to build stronger structures. Because of its ability to fully adhere to the structure, forming a solid bun between studs, the building becomes extremely stiff and strong. The concept is much like completely gluing every piece of the house or building frame together. Along with the natural sealing characteristics of CORBOND® comes an added benefit of noise reduction. It helps to block exterior sounds such as automobiles, wind, airplanes and any other outside disturbances, giving you a remarkably quiet building. ""

for more info on it got to:

http://www.corbond.com/corbondproduct.htm

be warned, stuff is NOT cheap... but worth every penny of it... one of the best decisions I made building this house...

finished up the kitchen sink and dishwasher today.. nothing is never easy.. all I have left in the master sink and all the plumbing is done... back to painting tomorrow... wife will move in if we get a bed this weekend... or at least a matress...
0 likes   

Lindaloo
Category 5
Category 5

#166 Postby Lindaloo » Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:43 pm

Thanks for the info Frank. When I read "noise reduction" I wanted to know what you used. :lol: I am going to check into it Monday. We are replacing our siding on the outside of the house.
0 likes   

wxman57
Moderator-Pro Met
Moderator-Pro Met

#167 Postby wxman57 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:03 am

Frank P wrote:its closed cell 2% dense foam.... stuff is really hard... makes your house stronger too.. sorta glues all the walls, floors ceiling and rafters together...

put it where your rafters and plywood meet on your roof decking and you get a discount on your insurance in Florida... not in MS unfortunately...

here is a link to the stuff I used its call corbond... I could NEVER go back to fiberglass after having this stuff in my walls... its awesome...

I have about 3.5 -5 inches in the exterior walls and above my sheet rock in the ceilings, about 3-4 inches under the flooring between the floor joyces, and on the roofing deck as I mentioned earlier...

Info off the web page...

"" This high performance insulation and climate isolator also enables you to build stronger structures. Because of its ability to fully adhere to the structure, forming a solid bun between studs, the building becomes extremely stiff and strong. The concept is much like completely gluing every piece of the house or building frame together. Along with the natural sealing characteristics of CORBOND® comes an added benefit of noise reduction. It helps to block exterior sounds such as automobiles, wind, airplanes and any other outside disturbances, giving you a remarkably quiet building. ""

for more info on it got to:

http://www.corbond.com/corbondproduct.htm

be warned, stuff is NOT cheap... but worth every penny of it... one of the best decisions I made building this house...

finished up the kitchen sink and dishwasher today.. nothing is never easy.. all I have left in the master sink and all the plumbing is done... back to painting tomorrow... wife will move in if we get a bed this weekend... or at least a matress...

Your house is looking nice, Frank. I'll have to stop by next time in Gautier.
0 likes   

Frank P
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#168 Postby Frank P » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:33 am

thanks wxman57, stop by anytime

Linda, if you want the name and phone number of my foam contractor pm me...
0 likes   

Frank P
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#169 Postby Frank P » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:49 pm

here are some pixs of my great room with the kitchen applicances installed and the oak flooring... still need to complete some trim work

looking east

looking west

looking south

tonight my wife will sleep in her own home for the first time since Aug 28,2005
0 likes   

O Town
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#170 Postby O Town » Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:10 pm

Frank P wrote:tonight my wife will sleep in her own home for the first time since Aug 28,2005

Now thats something to celebrate!!! She must be very happy about that.
Looks like the inside is coming right along, the wood floors look awesome.

Sure will be nice to sit out on the porch here soon when the weather warms up a bit.
0 likes   

CajunMama
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#171 Postby CajunMama » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:23 pm

your home is looking mighty fine, frank. You're almost finished!
0 likes   

simplykristi
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

WOW

#172 Postby simplykristi » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:42 am

Hi Frank,
The house is awesome! :)

Kristi
0 likes   

jasons2k
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#173 Postby jasons2k » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:27 pm

Hey Frank,

Thanks for sharing the pics. The house is beautiful!
0 likes   

Frank P
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

house

#174 Postby Frank P » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:35 pm

thanks all... just about done on the inside... wife is enjoying life again back in her house.... me and the dogs are still doing just fine in the dog pound.. (FEMA trailer)
0 likes   

Lindaloo
Category 5
Category 5

#175 Postby Lindaloo » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:12 am

Frank, I drove past your house last night. Looks really good. I tell you though, I lost my way going towards the Pass. I did not see your house until I was on my way back to 110. That is the first time I have been over that way since Katrina. The further I went the worse it got.

And my gosh, it has been forty forevers since I have actually seen the beach and the water all the way to the Pass. There is nothing there and they should keep it that way!
0 likes   

CajunMama
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#176 Postby CajunMama » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:02 pm

Hey Frank, how's the house?
0 likes   

Frank P
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#177 Postby Frank P » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:26 am

CajunMama wrote:Hey Frank, how's the house?

Mama.... inside is 99% done.... with about 70% of it furnished....

Got my Dade county approved roll down shutters for all the front windows and front door installed....building my front stairs this weekend... need to deck out the front and rear porches (tongue and groove treated decking) and paint the columns, order the railing and install.. build my doggie condo and trim out all my pilings... then DONE... still a lot of exterior work left (estimate it will take six to eight long weekends to complete doing it by myself)

Will post some finished inside pixs soon... concentrating on outside now...

thanks for asking...
0 likes   

simplykristi
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#178 Postby simplykristi » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:37 pm

Hi Frank,
I can't wait to see new pics! Glad it is almost done!

Kristi
0 likes   

Frank P
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#179 Postby Frank P » Mon May 21, 2007 7:11 pm

Hi gang, sorry for the delay in posting any new pixs. Been quite busy redoing some contractor mistakes... Inside is basically completed.... hope to finish the back porch and trim out the front stairs this weekend..... railing to be installed in a couple of weeks, then I'm taking a month off to recoup before I start on the down stairs... will trim out all the pilings with hardi board (started on the front corner pilings) and then figure out how we want to finish the downstairs pallavion... you can see the roll down storm shutters above my front windows and door...

BTW, the Weather Channel came to Biloxi a couple of weeks ago... the city gave them my name as the first person to start building a new home on the beach in Biloxi... so they came and did an interview.. they said they were going to air it during their Hurricane Week special, don't expect much... they also mentioned they might like to come back and do a live feed off my front porch when they come down here the first week in June for the special... not sure if that will come to fruition but wouldn't it be cool to have Jim Cantore broadcasting from my porch... ... I much rather have Cantore here during the first week in June as opposed to the last week in August.... hehe
0 likes   

Dionne
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter
Location: SW Mississippi....Alaska transplant via a Southern Belle.

#180 Postby Dionne » Tue May 22, 2007 7:41 am

Frank....very nice! I really like the application with the roll down shutters. Damn man, I wish I had come down to build your stairs!!!! We'll be watching for you in "Hollywood".....(weather channel). As we say here in rural Mississippi......"ya done real good there old man".....
0 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Recovery and Aftermath”