Frank P house pix

Discuss the recovery and aftermath of landfalling hurricanes. Please be sensitive to those that have been directly impacted. Political threads will be deleted without notice. This is the place to come together not divide.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Frank P
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: Frank P house pix

#201 Postby Frank P » Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:52 pm

Christmas starting early on the beach in Biloxi... planted 6 palm trees over the past couple of weeks... 4 windmill palms about 4 feet high, and 2 sable palms about 12 feet high... the bright lights in the left corner of the house is our Christmas tree.. we are just absolutely loving the house... I think we enjoy the front porch best of all... my neighbors yard made the front page of the SunHerald today as he is finally cleaning up his lot... his is the last in my neighborhood to be cleaned... however, we still have one, possibly two more homes that need to be taken down...

0 likes   

angelwing
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#202 Postby angelwing » Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:32 pm

That is so beautiful! I love it! You do some excellent work!
0 likes   

Aquawind
Category 5
Category 5

#203 Postby Aquawind » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:25 am

Congratualations Frank P!! You have good reason to be proud. 8-)
0 likes   

Frank P
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#204 Postby Frank P » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:41 am

thanks angelwing and aquawind

here's a pix of my palms.. just beginning the exterior lawn stuff and ground level painting.

Just a beautiful day on the MS GC pix taken off front porch looking southeast... really low tide

Looking out west window at my neighbors slab debris... should be all cleaned up my Monday... this is the last lot on the beach in my neighborhood to be cleaned...

0 likes   

southerngale
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#205 Postby southerngale » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:07 pm

It's beautiful, Frank.
0 likes   

Frank P
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#206 Postby Frank P » Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:26 pm

thanks so much southerngale...

Its just great to be able to come HOME again after working all day....
0 likes   

cag1953
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#207 Postby cag1953 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:44 pm

Hi Mr.P! Your yard is looking nice.I really like the big palms. I love palms even though their not native to this area(something I didn't know until I had been here about 3 years!) Wow, my husband thinks I decorate early! I"m glad someone has the spirit this year cause I sure don"t. I think it"s because none of the family is going to be here this year,so we"re hoping to come over to Biloxi. We usually do that when everyone is gone. Have a great Thanksgiving and take care. Oh, by the way-cute dogs!
0 likes   

Frank P
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#208 Postby Frank P » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:49 am

Thanks cag, welcome back to Biloxi.. hope you have a great stay..... btw, I'm on my way this morning to pick up two more palms.... I've developed a sudden love of the palm tree out of nowhere... they are popping up everywhere along the beach in biloxi... especially in the condo development... I think they really give us a nice beach look...

everyone have a great Holiday this weekend...
0 likes   

Frank P
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#209 Postby Frank P » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:53 pm

Seasons greetings from Frank P... my neighbors have cleaned their lots, things are looking pretty good in my neighborhood... except for all the missing neighbors....
view looking north off of HWY 90

Planted two more Washington palms today... cluster of three on each side... the tall one is a sable, medium one is the Washington and the small one a windmill palm... planting palms is a ton of work... :(

View looking to the east

View looking to the west..
Last edited by Frank P on Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   

CajunMama
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#210 Postby CajunMama » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:37 am

Your home looks great! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. This is the first thanksgiving in the finished house correct?
0 likes   

Frank P
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#211 Postby Frank P » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:02 pm

Same right back at yeah CajunMama, and this is our first Thanksgiving in the new house... life is good again
0 likes   

Frank P
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#212 Postby Frank P » Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:59 pm

Why its so cool to live on the beach... just your every day beautiful sunset on a cool Thanksgiving evening on the MS Gulf Coast... view off the front porch looking WSW over the MS sound at the Gulfport Harbor about 7 miles away from my house

0 likes   

DanKellFla
Category 5
Category 5

#213 Postby DanKellFla » Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:48 pm

I'll be over with a 6-pack and hamburgers tommorow. You don't even have to engage in conversation if you don't want too.
0 likes   

Frank P
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re:

#214 Postby Frank P » Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:21 pm

DanKellFla wrote:I'll be over with a 6-pack and hamburgers tommorow. You don't even have to engage in conversation if you don't want too.

Hey DFK sounds pretty darn good to me, I'm sure we'll fine something to talk about too... :D
0 likes   

Frank P
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#215 Postby Frank P » Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:01 am

Pictures of my neighborhood 27 months after Katrina

Stone house 3 lots to my east, estimated cost to repair over 500K.. no flood insurance

Historical neighborhood house NW of my lot... to many legal problems to even start a discussion on this old house...

Cleaned up but emply lots east of my lot where houses once flourished...

Emply lots behind my house... picture taken off my back porch

My house looking from about 100 yards into the GOM on a very low tide

Early Sat morning low tide on the MS Gulf Coast

The only beach front house (occupied) in West Biloxi... prior to Katrina you would have seen 4 other houses in this picture... two on each side of mine..

Different view from the sand beach... top of the sea wall here is about 10 feet above sea level
0 likes   

cag1953
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#216 Postby cag1953 » Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:56 am

After seeing the pictures you posted of your house,I realized what I'm going to miss the most.We loved to drive down Beack Blvd. at christmas time and look at all the homes that were always so beautifully decorated. I was always amazed at how big the trees were that were inside the houses. I also liked the sunset picture! I love watching the sun set on the water. I also love watching lightning storms over the gulf(from the safety of a house or car of course!)
0 likes   

Dionne
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter
Location: SW Mississippi....Alaska transplant via a Southern Belle.

#217 Postby Dionne » Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:07 pm

Okay Frank......now that your landscaping......it means your at completion. If you don't mind.....from demolition through rebuild....a general idea of cost per square foot?
0 likes   

Frank P
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#218 Postby Frank P » Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:01 pm

Dionne wrote:Okay Frank......now that your landscaping......it means your at completion. If you don't mind.....from demolition through rebuild....a general idea of cost per square foot?

Dionne, I posted this back in Sept and it included all my cost from demo to complete construction... this included all my costs except the palm trees... which cost me $1025.00 (8 palms),... I still have to trim out 15 more outside pilings, build another storage shed and some other misc stuff... I figure to spend at least 10k more over the next year worst case before I am finished with the downstairs and landscaping..... the figures I posted back in Sept basically still apply

"""If you figure based on heating and cooling areas of 1800 sq feet its about 125.00 per sq
If you figure total living areas including front and rear porches (2400 sq feet under roof)... which were a whole lot more expensive than any bedroom per se...94.00 per sq

This is a pretty custom house I might add... I went well above the International building codes building this house...

The porches are one of the best features of the house... not to mention the 2400 sq feet under the house we call the pavillion...""

This includes all appliances and such... it does not include the furnishings... that's a whole new ball game.. but best of all... its all paid for... :D
0 likes   

dizzyfish
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#219 Postby dizzyfish » Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:34 pm

Your home looks wonderful with the bows! Are those poinsettias on the railings? I love poinsettias.

It is so sad to still see the empty lots and damaged homes. It must be depressing for you sometimes. I know it would be for me.

Careful of your back planting all those palms! :wink:

Hope you and yours had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

BTW if we are having a hamburger party at your house. I'll bring the tater salad and baked beans!
(and anything else you want - just let me watch one of those sunsets!)
0 likes   

Frank P
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#220 Postby Frank P » Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:44 am

dizzyfish wrote:Your home looks wonderful with the bows! Are those poinsettias on the railings? I love poinsettias.

It is so sad to still see the empty lots and damaged homes. It must be depressing for you sometimes. I know it would be for me.

Careful of your back planting all those palms! :wink:

Hope you and yours had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

BTW if we are having a hamburger party at your house. I'll bring the tater salad and baked beans!
(and anything else you want - just let me watch one of those sunsets!)

thanks dizzyfish, they are poinsettias on the railings (but they are made of metal)... and to late about the back, mine has been sore for the past three days planting them palms, just starting to recover. :lol:

Good point about the depression... As I did get depressed about the empty lots and damaged homes in the neighborhood but that really doesn't affect me anymore.. guess I've grow used to it.. as long as everyone keeps their property clean I'm OK with the surroundings.. besides, now I have the whole beach front block to myself... so its sorta cool and private at the same time... tater salad and baked beans are my fav... you bring the food, I'll provided the sunset... :wink:

Have a great Holiday season..
0 likes   

Return to “Hurricane Recovery and Aftermath”